Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit that I love driving past shops... the reflection of my F-Pace makes me smile and reminds me why I bought it ... :) No need to comment, I know that my ugly mug spoils the side view... but its a damn fine looking car regardless. And yes those fat 19inch rims :lol: get rid of the boy racer look of the 22 inch wheels ;)

Just cheering myself up, got USB as music source working superbly with ICTPro (big brownie points earned with missus) so now thinking Jaguar FPace life isn't all bad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I have to admit that I love driving past shops... the reflection of my F-Pace makes me smile and reminds me why I bought it ... :) No need to comment, I know that my ugly mug spoils the side view... but its a damn fine looking car regardless. And yes those fat 19inch rims :lol: get rid of the boy racer look of the 22 inch wheels ;)

Just cheering myself up, got USB as music source working superbly with ICTPro (big brownie points earned with missus) so now thinking Jaguar FPace life isn't all bad!
Gotta love those shiny shop windows... Even after 5 years with the Evoque I loved the reflection. I had the 3 door which looked amazing. I think the FP is slightly more ordinary than the iconic profile of the Evoque but still a very handsome car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Gotta love those shiny shop windows... Even after 5 years with the Evoque I loved the reflection. I had the 3 door which looked amazing. I think the FP is slightly more ordinary than the iconic profile of the Evoque but still a very handsome car.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so I have to disagree I have never cared for the Evoque in any shape (3 or 5 door with or without a roof) it has lines that clash - but I stress this is my view and the sales figures clearly show that lots of people like them, just that I'm not one! It just doesn't look right from any angle to me. The F-Pace side view is great but from behind.... well it has a big behind that's all I can say! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Isn't that funny. I didn't think the RRE had a single bad angle whilst the FP IMO has a few slightly dodgy ones that make it look like it has a fat arse. Don't get me wrong I think it's stunning but not sure it will become iconic in the way the Evoque has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually my IRR FPace looks worse, probably on the principle darker colours look bigger.

A contentious comment for a Friday ha ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Isn't that funny. I didn't think the RRE had a single bad angle whilst the FP IMO has a few slightly dodgy ones that make it look like it has a fat arse.
I would replace the words "fat arse" with "muscular rump" - it sounds much more sporty!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
LOL ... but try it .. there's a few angles ... stand looking at the car side on level with the A pillar about 10 feet away. Then move slowly in an arc round to the front of the car. As you start to line up with the front bumper, the rear bumper and back of the rear wheel arch disappears from view and you get left with a frumpy rear ... it matters not of course. It's almost impossible to design a car that looks spot on from all angles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
I initially thought my RRE looked great at any angle, which it pretty much did, it was and still is a stunning car. The FP was initially a bit fat in the bum but as time has taken over I have found the car cellulite quite sexy!!! Even wifey is looking better!!! Haha!! After parking up in the LR dealer I realised how good the FP actually looks!! The bum can look a tad big but as Shrek said I like big bums I cannot deny!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
As much as I say the rear is OK, I really wish they carried the CX17 concept rear over to the production vehicle.

Looked so much more sporty.

And stuck the rear wiper arm under the rear spoiler like the Evoque has.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
As much as I say the rear is OK, I really wish they carried the CX17 concept rear over to the production vehicle.

Looked so much more sporty.

And stuck the rear wiper arm under the rear spoiler like the Evoque has.

View attachment 2135
Totally agree on the rear wash wipe!! I was stunned seeing it at low level!!! Total design up fuck!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
As much as I say the rear is OK, I really wish they carried the CX17 concept rear over to the production vehicle.

Looked so much more sporty.

And stuck the rear wiper arm under the rear spoiler like the Evoque has.

View attachment 2135
Totally agree on the rear wash wipe!! I was stunned seeing it at low level!!! Total design up fuck!
Personally I think the position of the arm totally ruins the rear view.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Agreed. Placement on the Evoque was very neat. Seems odd not to follow suit. Ruins the subtle nod to the e-type rear window.
I am sure one of the body kit companies will come out with a kit to replace the rear tailgate and lower bumper to match the one on the CX17 as the CX17 rear should have been on the production model.

If I knew who or where to start I would look into this but I do not have any ideas..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Not a fan of the evoque at all. Not sure what it is about it but it just looks awkward, but again I am clearly in the minority. I can't imagine it could be considered iconic though...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
Kojak said:
Not a fan of the evoque at all. Not sure what it is about it but it just looks awkward, but again I am clearly in the minority. I can't imagine it could be considered iconic though...
I was not the first time I saw it but it grows on your, a little rugged look but it has great features and I had the SI4 which when you drove it had great punch, I loved it, only sold it due to the small boot otherwise I would have kept it.

Brought the pace as had the same design team of the Evoque do the Fpace and there was so much that's similar and the Fpace had the bigger boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Likewise, went from Disco4 to Evoque lovely little car, but really needed something within the family brand that was in between and was more road biased. Soon as the FP was mentioned I was there!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Brought the pace as had the same design team of the Evoque do the Fpace and there was so much that's similar and the Fpace had the bigger boot.
Similar? I don't see any similarities tbh, RRE is very angular while FP is sweeping curves. Both look aggressive with big haunches but that's the only real similarity as far as I can tell, but then I never owned an RRE so maybe there's little things
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
Kojak said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Brought the pace as had the same design team of the Evoque do the Fpace and there was so much that's similar and the Fpace had the bigger boot.
Similar? I don't see any similarities tbh, RRE is very angular while FP is sweeping curves. Both look aggressive with big haunches but that's the only real similarity as far as I can tell, but then I never owned an RRE so maybe there's little things
I would not expect it to look similar to the Evoque as that would make people think its a Range Rover and not a Jaguar but it has similarities all over the car and the interior has similar feel and touch's.

Also the Evoque was designed some time ago and designed to be more rugged looking due to the Range Rover off road brand where as the Fpace really was never advertised as an off road vehicle more of a SUV road car.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top