Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have not yet placed my order but must get sorted within the next couple of weeks my previous cars have been Range Rover Sports changed last year from the new sport to a BMW 335i touring just fancied a little more fun but wife hates it.
Thought about going back to the sport but think the F-Pace might be the best of both worlds only problem do I go for a petrol S or a diesel S look forward to reading other forum members views.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same for me. I changed from new RRS to an Audi RS4 which for me, is the better car. The noise and the way it revs is great fun. For that reason it will have to be the petrol.
The sport was the 3 litre diesel which is a really good engine but the car as a whole lacks soul, as nice as it is. And they're common as muck now!
I think the sport with the supercharged petrol 5.0 litre would be fun but imo is way overpriced.
Looking forward to seeing the F Pace this Thursday. Hope it doesn't disappoint!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also had the new RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic which I enjoyed lots. But was looking for a change and thought I'd sell it whilst demand was still very high so only lost a very minimal amount on that car. The fleet at the moment is BMW 330i Msport convertible, Landrover Evoque HSE dynamic Lux and a Ford S-Max for the kids to mess up on the school run!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine was also the 3.0 hse dynamic had the older shape 3.0 hse before that.
I tried to order the RS4 I loved that car but order book was closed and I really wanted one in suzuka grey so ended off with the BMW had it all fitted with the M performance body kit and carbon and alcantara interior also had the engine upgrade and exhaust before delivery it goes great and sounds great but wife hates it .
so now its looks like either another range rover sport or the Fpace just think the Fpace might be a little more exciting to drive the last sport I didn't use much just didn't inspire me to want to go out just to drive and in a year I did 1400k then sold it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well just wanted to say hello again its took me a long while and two other cars but always fancied the f-pace and this time I took the plunge car will be picked up near end of the month so look forward to being part of the forum

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi craig999
I assume you went for the petrol s as it's great to drive and sound good as well. I know I might be biased but for me it works. Have fun with the car when it comes and as usual post a picture or two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my current car is M3 competition pack only got it march covered 3200 miles but wife is scared to death so as much as I love it we have no pleasure in going out together in it so I have gone for the 3.0d S she loves it and so do I had some good test drives in different models so happy with my choice although supercharged would also have been great but hope the wife will find it a little more relaxing than the M3 .

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
craig999 said:
my current car is M3 competition pack only got it march covered 3200 miles but wife is scared to death so as much as I love it we have no pleasure in going out together in it so I have gone for the 3.0d S she loves it and so do I had some good test drives in different models so happy with my choice although supercharged would also have been great but hope the wife will find it a little more relaxing than the M3 .
I have owned both engines in a Fpace and can say the petrol version is great for B road driving but the Diesel is much better suited to motorway and long distance cruising, your also get bored of the exhaust note after a while on the petrol 3 litre, they are both great engines but setup for different styles of driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts