Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have jumped ship from an XE (very early chassis) which I had a lot of problems with and got Jaguar to eventually buy the car back from me and lumped onto a F-Pace due around October or so.... hoping that a lot of the niggles will be sorted out and this is a smother ride (pun intended!)

Jon

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bad luck with the XE then as seems to be all the reviews reckon it is a sublime car both to drive and in quality, then again only one review of the F-Pace 2L said the engine was "a bit noisy" under acceleration and both models I have now tried are unacceptable regarding engine NVH upon driving.

Out of interest I am test driving an Evoque on Friday, maybe the Ingenium installation will be better!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I am genuinely surprised to hear you find the noise and vibration unacceptable David, I have driven three examples of the 2.0litres F-Pace now and all of them behaved very nicely for me. Yes, there is some small degree of road noise which transfers into the cabin, but nothing beyond what I would have expected, to be quite honest. I also found the engines to all be quite smooth, well-damped and vibration-free, so no concerns there either, for me. You do have me slightly worried though, if your experience has been so different; it makes me wonder what my own car will be like when I finally get it . . . if it turns out the demonstrators I drove were carefully 'tuned' and my car isn't then I'll be listening (and feeling) for any suspicious signs.

Good luck with the Evoque test on Friday, but my own impression so far has been that the F-Pace is actually superior to the Evoque in all respects. And I say that as someone who likes the Evoque!

Sorry to read of your hassles with the XE, jonty1625, but welcome along to the forum here, and hopefully all that will be behind you now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My XE had 66 reported issues in 6 months, including 2" of water in the boot that shorted the electrics and stopped the car dead and dark at 50mph... needless to say I refused to drive it ever again! Loose trim, blown speakers, marks on the glass, splash guards falling off - you name an XE issue, I had them all. I did order my car in February 15 and got it August as one of the first ones through, so had the older centre dashboard but the car was AMAZING to drive just it felt like a Friday car. Anyway - got my full money back towards a higher spec (gone for the S) with more toys (spent way too much) F-Pace.... and now have a Jaguar loaner until October till I get my car... Phew!

I have driven 3 F-Pace demo's with 19", 20" and 22" wheels and I thought the road noise was great - a lot quieter than the XE, and the drive and handling was almost as sharp - interesting considering the size difference. Would also suggest you notice the change to dynamic mode in the F-Pace more than the XE

·
Registered
441 Posts
Probably fair to say that the unfortunate XE is an overpriced disaster so far. Planned to break into the Audi A4 ,BMW3 series sector it just does not have any wow factor to achieve this and dealers are now pre registering their unsold stock heavily funded by Jaguar so that the SMMT figures look good and the price can be cut. Good news is that production of XE has been cut back at Solihull and F Pace has filled the gap so deliveries have improved which has pleased me at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.