Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask the people that owned or owns light oyster interior;
Is it possibel to keep it light and fresh when you get stains from e.g jeans?
Do one have to clean it often or can one wait and clean twice a year and still get back to original look.
I own for the moment a BMW with light braun dakota leather. I clean twice a year and it looks like new;
Jaguar and BMW leather are looking different, does that effect how easy it is to clean and keep nice.
I have ordered r-sport with jet/ light oyster, but me and the kids often have jeans on. I don't want to start covering the seats or clean every week.
what are your experiance special with Jaguars leather, did I make a misstake and should have ordered jet.
I understand that it will be more cleaning, but can one get back to original look with out being super careful and to much cleaning.
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an Evoque with cirrus leather interior. It takes a lot of effort to keep it clean and dark coloured denim jeans are a no no. I had a passenger who was wearing them and it took me over an hour to get the dye off the leather. I have to admit that the quality of the leather used in my particular vehicle is poor but when I complained about it I was informed that it was acceptable. This is one of the reasons I have ordered an F-pace. Hopefully the leather used will be of a better quality. I have gone for the Latte interior.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes I too have cirrus on my evoques, I am engineer sometimes with dirty clothes but it always seems to come clean! admittedly not like new but it seems to be a good quality leather!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have to use Dodo Juice cleaner on the light leather in my Audi to keep it clean as new, it picks up dirt and dye very easily, but at least cleaning it works.

I tried several other cleaners like Gliptone, AG, Armor All but the Dodo has been the best so far.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Having had this colour on leather on an X6 is the main reason I didn't get the First Edition. To me completely honest with you it's a b1tch to keep clean and demin is a no no, I suggest getting yourself a good quality leather cleaner along with a leather conditioner.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
When I get this car ,,,I'm going to drive it ....if the leather marks ,,let the next owner worry about ....you won't get anymore for a car with spotless seats ...if your that worried cover the seats :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your answers, looks like it will be a bit cleaning to do.
I am not concerned about second hand value, I whant the car to look nice when I have it with the same care as I have given my other cars.
Always owened german cars, this is one time chance for Jaguar to show the same quality, otherwise I will change car quickly (but I can't blame Jaguar for the colour I took, I will try and learn my leasson)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.