Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2.0 AWD r sport auto, seems to have jerky gear changes from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 in particular.
Has anybody else experianced this, my car has done about 500 miles and hoping it will settle down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Damo1969 said:
Hi, my 2.0 AWD r sport auto, seems to have jerky gear changes from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 in particular.
Has anybody else experianced this, my car has done about 500 miles and hoping it will settle down
The gear box learns your driving style over a period of time, if you drive the car in ECO for a bit and drive more ergonomically it can help it to smooth out also according to the manual you are supposed to run it in so driving in eco mode helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Damo1969 said:
Hi, my 2.0 AWD r sport auto, seems to have jerky gear changes from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 in particular.
Has anybody else experianced this, my car has done about 500 miles and hoping it will settle down
The gear box learns your driving style over a period of time, if you drive the car in ECO for a bit and drive more ergonomically it can help it to smooth out also according to the manual you are supposed to run it in so driving in eco mode helps
1700 miles for me Shaun nearing 6k i think.... no issues for me on gearbox, only when first selecting D from starting cold and idle speed a little high there can be a bit of lurch but generally moving the auto sector from P to D seems to drop idle speed, i guess as mine is a petrol idle situation different, other than that as smooth as silk when on the move, sounds like a fault and it needs to be checked out.

S, i have to say i ran in mine a little quicker than you so from 500 miles up to 5k revs and from 1000 miles red line, sports section and dynamic on gearbox so FULLY stressed :D :D the mechanicals are fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
The Gman said:
Shaunyt said:
Damo1969 said:
Hi, my 2.0 AWD r sport auto, seems to have jerky gear changes from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 in particular.
Has anybody else experianced this, my car has done about 500 miles and hoping it will settle down
The gear box learns your driving style over a period of time, if you drive the car in ECO for a bit and drive more ergonomically it can help it to smooth out also according to the manual you are supposed to run it in so driving in eco mode helps
1700 miles for me Shaun nearing 6k i think.... no issues for me on gearbox, only when first selecting D from starting cold and idle speed a little high there can be a bit of lurch but generally moving the auto sector from P to D seems to drop idle speed, i guess as mine is a petrol idle situation different, other than that as smooth as silk when on the move, sounds like a fault and it needs to be checked out.

S, i have to say i ran in mine a little quicker than you so from 500 miles up to 5k revs and from 1000 miles red line, sports section and dynamic on gearbox so FULLY stressed :D :D the mechanicals are fine
Ah well you have the big engine and probably eager to find out what it can do..... mine i have to say i ran in as per manual and for a 2.0D is surprisingly quick and you wouldnt know it was a diesel most people get in it and think its a petrol and also think its a bigger engine than it is.

Very happy with mine.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top