Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speechless :D :D :D :D :D

We had a truly fabulous afternoon at Dundas Castle, just outside Edinburgh today. If this is what Jaguar stands for then I am sold! Quintessentially British through and through - Dundas Castle was pure Britishness, the event was first-class from the warm welcome, superb lunch, drivers' briefing, 75mins driving the F-Pace, 20mins driving an amazing F-Type, the rally off-road section in the F-Pace supercharged 3.0 V6, the Ice Cube ramp to showcase the AdSR system, the 20mins in the XF 3.0d V6 S and then the final farewell drinks & cakes. End to end = great!

And in true British style, it just wouldn't be right to try and overtly sell you something - so nobody did. No sales team, no talk of prices - just let us entertain you.

I will get some photos up here soon but, in the meantime, check out our short video of the rally section in the supercharged V6 F-Pace. Apologies for the camera shake but I was hanging on for dear life!

Enjoy. If you already have your F-Pace's then you clearly already are...

Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here are the photos...

What a great time. If you get the opportunity then seize it with both hands. Thank you Jaguar - I feel as if I have bonded with my F-Pace even though it hasn't even been born yet!

As a new customer to Jaguar, I now know that this is more than just another car. "Not just another cold, clinical environment of faceless black plastic and hard shapes - it's more of a British members' club: sophisticated" - extract from the magazine I read over coffee this afternoon!

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
419 Posts
Excellent résumé Arianne, thank you very much. Must say the vidéo had me bouncing up and down in my armchair. Venue looks fabulous.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ thanks Yorkie!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looked like a fab day out, really annoyed I missed Goodwood, given I had an FP on order, how did you get on it?

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
That looks like an amazing experience! And, wow!, what a dream lineup of vehicles outside, second pic, absolutely breathtaking!

Thanks for the post. Looks a really beautiful venue. When these days were first mentioned on here I tried to find out more information about them, but for some reason my Google search basically failed, I couldn't even find dates or venues arond the country. I obviously didn't try hard enough. I'd love to know how you got on your day Arianne, was it by special invitation only?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F-Pace S said:
Looked like a fab day out, really annoyed I missed Goodwood, given I had an FP on order, how did you get on it?
TBH, I can't remember..... It might have been because I registered my email somewhere in the website or as a reward for reaching Level 74 on the configurator, having built and saved so many F-Pace versions! Whatever, the inviattaion came to me by email. I received two. One was back in January but I had to cancel that due to another commitment. Then I received this latest invite for me and a guest. Mrs A didn't fancy it so the lad joined me for the afternoon. We chose the Friday events because we thought it would be quieter than the weekend and the duration appeared longer. We were right.

I have had a search and found this web page: http://www.jaguar.co.uk/the-art-of-performance/index.html

Only Scotland and Cholmondeley Castle (November) are left but it seems you can register from this page. If you can make the time and travel then I would highly recommend it, especially if you don't have your F-Pace yet.

It's now Saturday morning and I am still glowing inside from the fun from yesterday and enjoying it alongside my son, which is a precious experience in itself. I have even sent an email of thanks to my dealer. You never know, Clelands may take pity on me and chuck me their F-type for a spin around the Scottish Borders' roads - that would be perfection because, if there was one small niggle with Dundas Castle, it was the fact that the nearby rural roads are pretty busy whereas our roads in the Borders are empty, allowing for lots of fun. Having said that, we discovered that, with the F-type, you don't need much space to whizz past and overtake a Micra! Same would be true of an SC F-Pace I suspect.

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 87 Hi Arianne,
I joined the Saturday event and found it very worthwhile. I have a 3 l diesel and the road drive in the 2l confirmed I made the right choice. Using the adaptive surface control on the ramp and in the mud means I am confident to use it in my car this winter. I cannot praise Jaguar enough for this event. I'll try and post a video of the awesome drive through the forest (but maybe too big a file)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rally cars were petrol supercharged V6. The sound was impressive but insufficient to make me want to die for! The exhaust sound on the F-type was addictive however - with or without the little switch engaged to amplify the roar, popping etc.

As for the 2.0d Ingenium test route cars. I was impressed actually. I had only driven one months ago for 20mins straight after 3hrs in the 3.0d V6. But I thought it was a decent engine. The torque from standstill and lower speeds was impressive, albeit the gearbox would always need to drop down to deliver the power. It was at higher speeds that a little more forethought was needed - overtaking at 50-60mph wasn't an instant affair. Higher up at around 70mph the speed gain was a little slower coming through.

But I concluded that I could happily live with the Ingenium unit, particularly if I lived in the city where I couldn't necessarily open up the engine fully. On balance I prefer the 3.0d V6 but that Ingenium unit acquitted itself well. I think Jaguar have mated it to a perfect auto gearbox that really exploits what the 2.0d has to offer.

Arianne

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agree - it is horses for courses. Coming from a 3.0 XF, I found I rarely had the opportunity to exploit it. Unless you are on open twisties (or at the front of the traffic light queue) you won't use the potential. On a motorway where you have the lanes and slightly more time, the 2.0 is enough for most day to day stuff.

The 2.0, whilst having lower overall oomph is significantly (100kg) lighter which, over the front wheels, brings significant dynamic advantages.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ pretty well sums it up for me too.

Arianne

·
Registered
13 Posts
We had an excellent day there on Sunday too. Really well looked after, great choice of cars and good to see the colours for real rather than on the configurator. I'm sold on the Rhodium Silver with Black pack now. As for the 3.0 vs 2.0 ltr, still not sure whether it is worth spending the extra 10K??? Certainly a lot more grunt but the 2.0 if pushed was quite okay.
As for the rally section, when "Jonesy" took off, I thought I was going to faint! My eyes couldn't comprehend the fast changing scenery and brutal acceleration for about the first 5 seconds so the brain nearly shut me down :) Excellent day :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Growler said:
Agree - it is horses for courses. Coming from a 3.0 XF, I found I rarely had the opportunity to exploit it. Unless you are on open twisties (or at the front of the traffic light queue) you won't use the potential. On a motorway where you have the lanes and slightly more time, the 2.0 is enough for most day to day stuff.

The 2.0, whilst having lower overall oomph is significantly (100kg) lighter which, over the front wheels, brings significant dynamic advantages.
Yes it bounces higher ! :lol: I need to sort mine out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts