Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am discussing with Jaguar and dealer about handing my car back.
18 weeks of a mis aligned bonnet, ICTP that has so many faults including a rear camera delay that has caused me to have two accidents loosing a 20 year accident free record.
Jaguar tell me an update will be released on the 6th and would have been earlier but they wanted to add appleycarplay, what about the owners who have had a faulty ICTP system for months like me surely lets get the basic system right then worry about the bells and whistles.

I have found Jaguar difficult to deal with and think they have a shocking attitude to clients who are paying serious money for a car, I don't know how other car manufactures compare in the same situation as the many , Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW Honda, VW, Mini cars I have had never had any problems.

Social media and the web give me an opportunity of telling my Jaguar experience if any owner wants to join me please register on the website.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accidents - what / how did they happen?

·
Registered
453 Posts
FPTrevor said:
18 weeks of a mis aligned bonnet, ICTP that has so many faults including a rear camera delay that has caused me to have two accidents loosing a 20 year accident free record.
Jaguar tell me an update will be released on the 6th and would have been earlier but they wanted to add appleycarplay, what about the owners who have had a faulty ICTP system for months like me surely lets get the basic system right then worry about the bells and whistles.

I have found Jaguar difficult to deal with and think they have a shocking attitude to clients who are paying serious money for a car, I don't know how other car manufactures compare in the same situation as the many , Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW Honda, VW, Mini cars I have had never had any problems.

Social media and the web give me an opportunity of telling my Jaguar experience if any owner wants to join me please register on the website.
I also had a reversing incident while reversing when my camera was non operative after being in the dealership for a repair. scratched the rear hind quarter. Luckily for me i got the paint work touched up by a local insurance approved body shop and paid for it at just a little more than the cost of my excess.

I broached this with the dealership after i had scratched my car, their answer was that cameras and sensors were an aid to parking and not an excuse for potential bad driving or otherwise. I speced the camera because of where i have to reverse on and off my drive where the incident happened i needed the extra security to prevent this kind of accident.

·
Registered
948 Posts
FPTrevor said:

No doubt the ICTP system has been very problematic to say the least but I can't agree that other manufacturers are either problem free or less difficult to deal with, I had one of the first E92 M3 with the DCT gearbox and that thing was a total nightmare with American customers getting to hand their cars back but no such luck for us British.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I bought a new E-Class a few years back and the gearbox needed replacing after 700 miles and it took 3 months to get one across, and I had about a dozen loan cars while they sorted it out and technically they met their obligations (fixed it in one hit as soon as parts were available) although I doubt there was only 1 gearbox available in the whole world over a 3 month period!

I didn't know Apple Car Play was even on the cards - are you sure that's what they said? Everywhere else has said iOS10 compatibility testing is the reason for the delay, including Jaguar Executive Office on a call to me....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the last 35 years we have owned 27 new cars and only had a problem with a wheel bearing on Merc 300SL so maybe we have been lucky.

I am a fairly reasonable guy and I know things will go wrong but its Jaguars attitude I find so upsetting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Interesting JLR is shown here : http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/carplay/ but not on the list of models that are supported.... in fact some press releases from 2015/16 say it will be coming, but no idea when... hey ho!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems Trevor.

Your comment on Apple Carplay is very interesting though - anyone else heard rumors of this??

·
Registered
363 Posts
Growler said:
Sorry to hear of your problems Trevor.

Your comment on Apple Carplay is very interesting though - anyone else heard rumors of this??
See above - listed on the Apple CarPlay front page and loads of pre-release PR bits said it was coming "sometime"..... hmmmmm - would be a good way to win favour with a few people I reckon.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had 18 weeks of ICTP problems it would have been better to focus on the defective system then deal with any upgrades. I have worked in Software development for many years and the proven method of development is make sure you complete one level before moving to the next.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I haven't even got mine yet!

So, CarPlay you say...oh happy days!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a conversation with the dealer that delivered my car with non working ICTP and was told not to believe all I read on the Forums.... i guess that means this Forum and the Forum for the F Pace in the States. (they also have a number of threads regarding ICTP problems)

I don't think its so much that Jaguar are in denial regarding selling cars that are not fit for purpose as ensuring that legally they are not exposed to having to reimburse on defective cars.

I think that members on here with serious problems with ICTP should be prepared to back each other up if Jaguar make the case that it is only isolated cases where cars are having problems. It obviously isn't

If this next 'patch2' or '147_01' or whatever Jaguar call it doesn't end the problems, what then?
Is the situation that Jaguar are allowed 1 repair before having to take the product back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I have my FPace now for almost 3months. After having driven Audi for almost over 10 years (my last Q5 was stolen and I wanted something different now) I decided for the FPace. Am I happy with it? Hmmmm... :|

At the day of picking it up from the dealer at 10.00 o'clock in the morning, my car was picked up at 20.00 o'clock that same evening by road salvation. Why: the front suspension on the right side had broken off... while driving.... Luckily I was only driving 50 kph and not on the highway.... Comments Jaguar: we have never seen that before!

Since I have the car I also get several failure warnings: transmission failure (I have to start the engine a couple of times then, because the transmission knob will not come up or I can't turn it), laoding failure (an icon wit a battery, after restarting the warning is gone) and Auto Emergeny Break failure, again after restarting the warning is gone.....
The electronics have been reset, comments from Jaguar: we have tightened the cables to the battery extra good this time.... :shock:
After the reset the warnings still show up....

After the broken off suspension and all these warnings I do'n feel very comfortable and safe driving the car.

Yes, it looks good and it drives really wel, but sometimes I regret for not having chosen Audi again. Never had problems with my Audi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am not so sure about apple car play. I have seen it in operation, and don't like it. I have a vehicle i use for work and needed to upgrade the audio head in it, and specifically went for one that was not apple car play, because of how it works.
Hopefully we will have the option to disable it, unless it has come on a lot from previous versions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
bigfoot said:
I am not so sure about apple car play. I have seen it in operation, and don't like it. I have a vehicle i use for work and needed to upgrade the audio head in it, and specifically went for one that was not apple car play, because of how it works.
Hopefully we will have the option to disable it, unless it has come on a lot from previous versions.
I don't think you will need to worry about disabling it...with Jaguar it comes like that...for free!

·
Registered
688 Posts
bigfoot said:
Not to divert this thread into an apple car play one but I didn't think car play would run in parallel with another ICE platform. Thought it was one or the other?

·
Registered
54 Posts
jinjin said:
bigfoot said:
Not to divert this thread into an apple car play one but I didn't think car play would run in parallel with another ICE platform. Thought it was one or the other?
That's how I understand it too

·
Registered
948 Posts
FPTrevor said:
In the last 35 years we have owned 27 new cars and only had a problem with a wheel bearing on Merc 300SL so maybe we have been lucky.

I am a fairly reasonable guy and I know things will go wrong but its Jaguars attitude I find so upsetting.
Regarding my M3 I wrote to BMW after the car left me to freewheel across a dual carriage and they didn't even have to decency to reply instead they past it on to my dealer who replied instead.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts