Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reference Jaguar Tyre Price Guarantee from their Webb site.

Has anyone tried to get any dealership to honour the Jaguar price promise ?
I have tried three different dealerships, showing them tyre quotes complying with Jaguar's Price Guarantee from local National Tyres & Halford Tyre centres they all refused saying they could not match these prices from their suppliers and would not order these.

What is the point of Jaguar posting on their Webb site they will match or refund the difference, when their dealerships refuse to do this. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
What is JLR saying ? Are they saying that if you buy your tyres from the JLR Dealer, and then find a Tyre Shop within 15 miles from that JLR Dealer you can go back to the JLR Dealer and they will refund the difference providing it is within 30 days of purchase ? So do you have buy first to get the deal, as it is not a case of price matching ??

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
DPE said:
What is JLR saying ? Are they saying that if you buy your tyres from the JLR Dealer, and then find a Tyre Shop within 15 miles from that JLR Dealer you can go back to the JLR Dealer and they will refund the difference providing it is within 30 days of purchase ? So do you have buy first to get the deal, as it is not a case of price matching ??
Also i do not know many quickfit ect tyre supplier who you can walk into and say, Hi-I am after a tyre can you give me a printed out quote for tyres, vales, balancing, disposal ect ect.

You may find a friendly one that will but on a whole they are asking for a lot.

Now if you can what a great offer by JLR.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All three dealerships stated they would not refund any money If you get the Jaguar dealership to fit the tyres and try and claim on this.
You get the quotations direct from the tyre Webb sites after picking the closest dealer and book a fitting date, then print out the on-line quotation/billing. I've never been refused getting a printed out estimate from a tyre fitter, you just say it's a claim against your tyre damaged from a pothole etc.
It's a bad way to go down which could loose you over £200 out as Jaguar dealer prices were 20% higher.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Seems a deal that looks good but not agreed with the JLR Dealership ?

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
They say they will match the quote, they won't beat it so sounds like a pain to be fair, if you find a fitter who is offering you the lowest price why would you the. Go to the trouble of getting Jaguar to match it, you would just go to the lowest offer.

Unless I am missing something here there is no real deal being offered, if they said they would give you 10 percent off the best price then that's different.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Its not a price matching commitment.

They are saying that if you buy from them and THEN find the same for less - theh will refund you to that amount.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
mik said:
Its not a price matching commitment.

They are saying that if you buy from them and THEN find the same for less - theh will refund you to that amount.
OH OK, persoanlly i would find the best price and go there but i guess it will depend where the car is at the time and how desperate you are for the car to have the tyres.

You then have the fun of chasing Jaguar for the refund.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Smoke and Mirror deal !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.