Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I brought my First Edition as I always do I normally order a touch up kit incase some idiot in a car park thinks my door panel is the stopping point for opening his door, you know the ones or if a stone hits the front bumper or bonnet, we have all been there.

To my shock Jaguar did not offer any touch up kits for my paint colour at time of launch.

So I left it a few months and tried yesterday to still be told "Sorry Sir nothing as yet"

Must have used up every drop of paint.

So got me thinking where else can I get a decent touch up kit that's going to match my paint colour.

Anyone else having the same issues and any solutions known?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
When I brought my First Edition as I always do I normally order a touch up kit incase some idiot in a car park thinks my door panel is the stopping point for opening his door, you know the ones or if a stone hits the front bumper or bonnet, we have all been there.

To my shock Jaguar did not offer any touch up kits for my paint colour at time of launch.

So I left it a few months and tried yesterday to still be told "Sorry Sir nothing as yet"

So got me thinking where else can I get a decent touch up kit that's going to match my paint colour.

Your colour isn't a unique colour, only unique to the F Pace FE... it's a standard optional colour on other models.. Can't for the life of me understand why it's not readily available.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Growler said:
Thanks, was sort of hoping for a Jaguar manufactured item but its worth a look, anyone else used them and what was the results?

I know paint is paint but I have had third party mixed versions on other cars and ended up having to buy the manufactures due to slight differences.

I also know places like Halfords do touch ups, just when you see a guy tipping small amounts of different colours to make up your colour he only has to be very slightly out and it will not match.

Sorry I might appear to be coming across a little too over the top but I paid a lot of money for the car and do not want to spoil it by not having a good match.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luminated said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Your colour isn't a unique colour, only unique to the F Pace FE... it's a standard optional colour on other models.. Can't for the life of me understand why it's not readily available.
Me neither, strange how they just do not have it.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered from the other post, will have to let everyone know, thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chrism65 said:
If you go to halfords with the paint code they will knock it up whilst you wait either in pen, brush or rattle can. I have used it before and had good matches
As per my post above I am aware that Halfords offer this service but would want it to be a little more precise.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Chrism65 said:
If you go to halfords with the paint code they will knock it up whilst you wait either in pen, brush or rattle can. I have used it before and had good matches
As per my post above I am aware that Halfords offer this service but would want it to be a little more precise.

Thanks for the post.
All paint shops use the same paint code machines to match the paint, it is a computer controlled mixing machine not a spotty teenager making cocktails They matched my Ferrari and Lamborghini perfectly I'm sure they can manage a Jaguar

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chrism65 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Chrism65 said:

Thanks for the post.
All paint shops use the same paint code machines to match the paint, it is a computer controlled mixing machine not a spotty teenager making cocktails They matched my Ferrari and Lamborghini perfectly I'm sure they can manage a Jaguar
My local Halfords last time I went there certainly has no machine, a set of scales, some paint and they weigh it into a container and then put the paint into the container you choose.

Maybe your Halfords has a new setup then my local one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
As already stated ALL paint colours are formulated by accurately weighing the colour pigment or mixers and adding to the base colour to create the shade. So body shops,paint trade counters,smart repairers, Halfords etc have digital scales for this purpose and the colour match is accurately formulated. Should be no variation in colour from the original factory hue by giving the paint code off the car to the supplier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts