Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just to update you with latest reply from Jaguar.
It seems they will not be doing any type of recall / fix unless you have the problem this is their reply ;

Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for your email dated 27th June.

I hope you are well.

I am sorry to hear of your concerns with reference to the suspension of your vehicle and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Whilst I can understand your frustration, I can confirm that following my investigations, that the information provided to yourself by your retailer is correct. Unless a fault can be identified at the time of testing, the retailer would not effect any remedial action.

However, should you at any point during your vehicle ownership, experience a concern in relation to any aspect of the operation of your vehicle, I would recommend you contact your local Jaguar retailer in order for them to carry out the relevant investigations.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Nathan Harvey
Digital Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre
Tel: 01926691997

Original Text
To: [email protected]
CC:
Sent: 27.06.16 14:27:38
Subject: Squeaking suspension

Dear customer services

Please can you clarify the situation regarding the squeaking issues.
I was the first person to collect an F pace from the factory. They advised me to book my car in for the modification to be done as it missed it during production by a few days after the fix was announced.
I have since been to my dealer as advised and they say unless the squeak develops they won't do anything !!!!
As jaguar will not pay or supply the parts.
There appears to be s problem as I understand parts are available is some kind of pad to stop rubbing.

Can you therefore advise me as to what the official line is.
I look forward to your reply
Kind regards
Michael

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm not happy.
Especially as I was told by someone at Jaguar to book it in for the work doing. Plus if it's a known fault and cars from a certain date are now being modified why are they not modifying them all.
Ok mine may nor]t develop a squeak now, but what if there is a problem further down the line.
It will be interesting to see what people think on here as to what action can be taken individually or as a group.
Let's see who comments or makes any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
It's a tricky one as if there isn't a fault then I can see why they aren't replacing especially as they don't see it as a hazard ?
Also they may have access to figures showing only 5% or so are developing the problems so don't want to spend the money on a smallish sample.

Personally I'd want a known issue fixed but on the flip I can understand why they aren't doing blanket recall and they may have much more data we don't see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If the problem only affects 5% of vehicles (not idea how accurate this figure is or what course its taken from) I certainly would not worry and carry on as normal until if and when the fautl develops.

If you are still worried and its detracting from your enjoyment of the car, what's to stop you saying you can hear a squeak, they will then take your car in and fix the part(s) at fault under warranty.

I suppose its a bit like appendicitis. Around 7% of us will get appendicitis and need an operation at some point in our lives; doesn't mean everyone should get their appendix removed at birth!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would just drive the car and stop worrying, noise may never appear and if it did it would be fixed.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just tell them you heard it, like going the doctors, symptoms disappear when it goes to dealer!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer made it clear if they can't hear a squeak on test drive no work will be done as Jaguar won't pay them

5% hmmm lets see on this forum if that's the case I think not

Time will tell

·
Registered
441 Posts
The XE and the F Pace seem to have this feature of creaking rear suspension and the response from Jaguar CRC is pathetic as usual.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
5% was a low figure used to make a possible point. It could well be 20% , 60% or 90% we don't know.

If it was very high I'm sure there would have been a recall / fix put in for all owners of certain dates cars.
If it's reasonably low or not financially beneficial based on the numbers I'm sure that's how they have arrived at this decision.

No facts from here just guessing and seeing a point of view that would match the response,
The appendix reference wasn't bad.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The F-Pace is a lovely car but not with faults and totally the wrong attitude from Jaguar. As has been said by many people, Customer Services should be falling over themselves to ensure a great customer experience, but their attitude is abysmal. As stated elsewhere on this forum, I have rejected my car and had a full refund from the dealer. Jaguar still don't want to know about any goodwill payment to cover cherished number transfer or detailing, which the dealer is ducking out of too.
A lousy experience with a supposedly premium brand, never again.
(And in case you think I'm bitter and angry, you'd be right!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Latest response received
Thought they maybe more accommodating now cars starting to be handed back !!

Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment following my original email to yourself and I would like to apologise for any dissatisfaction caused.

While I appreciate a modification has been made to the procedure at the factory, for those vehicles currently on the road the retailers can only repair them when a defect is apparent.

If, or until the issue is a reality the retailers have no means of redeeming any repair costs. However should a concern manifest itself the retailer network will be happy to respond immediately.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Nathan Harvey
Digital Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre
Tel: 01926691997

Dear Nathan

Thank you for your reply, which to be honest I am not happy with.

If that is the case why is it "Lucy" put a post on the jaguar forum clearly stating all new F Pace builds will have the modification done in production from now on. Plus when I collected mine from the factory I was told unfortunately my build had just missed the fix and could I contact my dealer to have the work carried out.
This is very confusing and misleading to say the least.
Having paid in excess of £50k and this being my first Jaguar purchase I would expect a better response from a so called prestigious company.
I would therefore ask you to reconsider my request and arrange for me to have the modification done now at my convenience as opposed to a later date which may well not be.

If you are unable to carry my request out please can you give me the details of head customer complaints so I can escalate this to a higher level.

I look forward to your prompt reply

Regards

Michael

1 - 13 of 13 Posts