Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how the Jaguar remote app works do you need to subscribe or is it free and will the standard stereo system work with Jaguar remote .
I love the idea of remotely warming the car using my iPhone.
And is a sim card required in the car for this to work.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tim1 said:
Does anybody know how the Jaguar remote app works do you need to subscribe or is it free and will the standard stereo system work with Jaguar remote .
I love the idea of remotely warming the car using my iPhone.
And is a sim card required in the car for this to work.
Hi the app is part of the incontrol pro which is standard on all jaguars, there is an app on apple itunes i think also 1 for android phones. Ive only had a play with the apple version, if you down load the app there is a demo mode on it you can have a play with, it asks you to put a code in for some of the functions just put any 4 digit number in and give it a try its pretty cool.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is a sim in the car required ?
App looks great

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am not sure about in the UK market, but over here in NA, as well as in most of Europe there are 2 levels of the Remote App. The basic Remote App is standard on all cars, but the Remote Premium adds additional features. I believe that Remote Premium is required for the journey tracking, remote start/pre-climate, and a few other features. The standard Remote App just covers locating and status of the vehicle / remote locking. I would double check if I were you to avoid disappointment if you didn't order a package that comes with Remote Premium.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know all UK Cars come with InControl Remote Premium as standard so I guess it should work .
I have my testdrive booked for Saturday so will ask the question .

·
Registered
410 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Tim1 said:
Is a sim in the car required ?
App looks great
to be honest I'm not sure but you can get cheap 4g sims from most mobile company's and the likes of tesco etc
A company called utility whatehouse do one for I think about £10 a month
Utility Warehouse do a 1gb per month sim for £11 which is good value. However ive no idea how much data InControl Pro will use when roaming away from home WiFi? I know this would be relevant to how much time you spend on the road but still a hard thing to forecast to choose a sim package?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tiller said:
Can confirm that the car comes with the SIM in the UK - no need to pay for data
I was told at the London preview you need a second data sim in the car in addition your phone for Bluetooth etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts