Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Someone recently posted and said that the forum is not quite what it was a few months back. Meanwhile, someone else created a thread boldly entitled "State of the Forum". So as an antidote to folks' troubles with ICTP, rejections and dealer squabbles here is something fresh and different. I think this is also a suggestion for what an interesting forum should be too - a mix of hints, tips, issues, frustration, hopes, anxieties, indecision and members' adventures. So here goes....

Last weekend we were in the Lake District which is just 90mins south of us. The A7 is the most wonderful road because it is such fun to drive and so empty. It takes us from the central Scottish Borders through unspoilt countryside through to Carlisle and the M6. Then it's just a quick jaunt down to Penrith and the National Park.

The weather was fabulous because of the prevailing easterly weather system which meant the usually wet West Coast of Cumbria was dry and sunny. On Monday we left the car in the car park all day and took a steamer from Bowness-on-Windermere down to Lakeside before enjoying the Haithswaite steam train and the Lake District motor museum. Superb value and we loved it all very much. Top tip - only ever do this on a weekday during English school term times - otherwise it's mobbed and not such fun.

Anyway, at the motor museum we found some amazing cars and I thought you might like to see them? Here they are (Carl, note the similarity between the following Jaguar and your very own - the emblem):

I hope you enjoyed the photos. This year we had the privilege of spending a month in Scandinavia visiting places that are UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Geiranger Fjord etc. But our short break in The Lakes reminded us that we are very blessed to live here in the UK and that we have our own beautiful countryside and landscape.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Some old school cars there that i remember when released and seeing driving around the streets.

The Cosworth and Opel Manta look in great condition.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Thanks Arianne. That made me smile. My uncle had an SD1 2600SE in exactly the same colour. It was the first car my aunt had ever driven that had a rev counter.

Now rather than the usual x1000 scale the SD1 was x100. I vividly remember tearing along through Crowthorne as a teenager saying to my aunt "slow down" and she looks down (at the rev counter) and says "we are only doing 30". It was more like 70 and my pants were about to change colour. Good times. ;-)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I do love reading your little anecdotes, I always feel calm afterwards. Some smashing memories in those pics Arianne and indeed the Union Flag emblem still to this day being proudly flown by some of us. I would also note that that old Jag had a sneaky likeness to your very own??? Check out the red leather!! Thanks again for crafting your scripts, always a pleasure to read!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.