Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:twisted: I have experienced numerous issues with the Infotainment centre, from freezing, shutting down, reverse camera not operating, the on screen front parking sensor switch not always activating the sensors, together with the system / radio remaining active, even after locking the vehicle!

Several weeks ago I had the Jaguar campaign ref K385 carried out but if anything it made matters even worse! Jaguar do not at present have a solution to the problem, this is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Russell said:
:twisted: I have experienced numerous issues with the Infotainment centre, from freezing, shutting down, reverse camera not operating, the on screen front parking sensor switch not always activating the sensors, together with the system / radio remaining active, even after locking the vehicle!

Several weeks ago I had the Jaguar campaign ref K385 carried out but if anything it made matters even worse! Jaguar do not at present have a solution to the problem, this is totally unacceptable.
I hope to pick my car up in a few weeks time - hoping I won't have these problems

·
Registered
13 Posts
Totally agree!
Incontrol looks amazing initially.
Reliability is quite horrible ! System malfunctions, shutdowns etc. every day.
Such a stunning car, but this is just ridiculous

·
Registered
948 Posts
Why are they not swapping it out with a new unit?

Where are you from, is it the UK, Europe or the US?

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A new unit will not solve the problem, the issue is endemic to all vehicles, to a lesser or greater extent.

When the dealer downloaded the Jaguar campaign to fix the problem, the unit crashed and went black and it was then necessary to replace the control unit. Over a month later the problems continue.

I am in Europe, however I have seen numerous posts highlighting the very same issues on the US forum.

The latest response from Jaguar:

"We very much appreciate your loyalty to Jaguar, and with this in mind we have our most senior teams investigating your concerns. I am currently awaiting information on the next course of action to move this forward."

·
Registered
458 Posts
Raiders of the lost ark -
"we have top people working on it"
"Who?"
"Top People"

I'm a bit worried now - picking mine up on Friday.

The updated tech is the reason I went for this over an RRS.
I must say that after the dick around I had with a Merc a few years ago, if there are issues it won't go on endlessly for me.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nor me, as far as I am concerned Jaguar are now in the last chance saloon. If this endemic issue is not resolved within the next four weeks, I shall demand my money back!

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was the response that I received from Jaguar on Monday, July 4th:

Please be advised that we are awaiting confirmation from our technical team, if we can provide any further progression in relation to your concerns with the Infotainment system.

I understand your frustration in this matter, however would like to thank you for allowing us the time to complete this process.

Yours sincerely

Senior Support Manager | Global Customer Relations
Global Owner Experience

Following my response to the above, I then received this reply yesterday, July 5th:

I apologise that you were unhappy with the response provided, as this was never my intention.

We very much appreciate your loyalty to Jaguar, and with this in mind we have our most senior teams investigating your concerns. I am currently awaiting information on the next course of action to move this forward.

Once I am in receipt of this, I will of course be in further contact.

Yours sincerely

Global Owner Experience

·
Registered
458 Posts
1st one was probably just a poor choice of words..unless they were really trying to say 'sorry, but you're on your own now!'

2nd one sounds like you encouraged them to reflect on their communication!!

edit to add,
LOL - just seen the bottom bit - Global Owner Experience - what a load of bollocks - who writes this stuff?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Russell said:
This was the response that I received from Jaguar on Monday, July 4th:

Please be advised that we are awaiting confirmation from our technical team, if we can provide any further progression in relation to your concerns with the Infotainment system.

I understand your frustration in this matter, however would like to thank you for allowing us the time to complete this process.

Yours sincerely

Global Owner Experience

Following my response to the above, I then received this reply yesterday, July 5th:

I apologise that you were unhappy with the response provided, as this was never my intention.

We very much appreciate your loyalty to Jaguar, and with this in mind we have our most senior teams investigating your concerns. I am currently awaiting information on the next course of action to move this forward.

Once I am in receipt of this, I will of course be in further contact.

Yours sincerely

Global Owner Experience
Thanks for this Russell, I have similar issues with my FE (Caesium Blue) and are awaiting feedback from my dealer! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's odd that this system has been out in the XE for quite a while now and they are either now having problems with it or this has been on going.... which makes me wonder why haven't I hear of this until now.

Did a quick google search entitled 'Jaguar XE InControl Touch Pro problems' and hit a fat zero.... does that mean this is new to the F-Pace?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
luminated said:
It's odd that this system has been out in the XE for quite a while now and they are either now having problems with it or this has been on going.... which makes me wonder why haven't I hear of this until now.

Did a quick google search entitled 'Jaguar XE InControl Touch Pro problems' and hit a fat zero.... does that mean this is new to the F-Pace?
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/after-two-months-of-jaguar-xe-s-ownership-ive-already-run-into-problems/

Think this is the old system ... looks like JLR struggles to learn from its mistakes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
luminated said:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/after-two-months-of-jaguar-xe-s-ownership-ive-already-run-into-problems/

Think this is the old system ... looks like JLR struggles to learn from its mistakes.
Nothing remotely as bad as we are seeing here and again an isolated case by all account.

It's very clear there is something badly wrong with Russell system but if it's not effecting every vehicle then the view can't be taken that it's a universal problem, maybe they have had a bad batch of units with corrupted software or fault components or maybe a combination of both. If this had been a universal problem effecting all InControl Touch Pro systems then XE, XF and XJ owners would also be shouting to high heavens.

Does anyone know how actually manufactures the system?

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have indeed heard reports of issues with the Infotainment system fitted to the latest XJ vehicles, which I am told now use the new In Control Touch Pro, as for the XE and XF, I was not aware that the In Control Touch Pro, as fitted to the F-Pace is presently available.

Having spoken to several owners (and Jaguar service departments) whom have the In Control Touch Pro option fitted, they all bar none have experienced some form of glitching, freezing, or the intermittent failure of the on screen switch to activate the front parking sensors. I wish to clarify that the faults do not occur on a daily basis but purely random, for the last 4 days it has been fine however from over ten weeks of driving it know it will occur again!

My car was delivered to me mid April and I have now covered in excess of 2,500 miles and have therefore had plenty of opportunity to experience all aspects of the vehicle on a daily basis.

Jaguar are clearly aware of the fault and as per their latest response they are working to resolve the issues.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What happens to the dashboard screen, does that black out too? A car without a speedometer is not roadworthy and probably illegal.

In any case they'll need to sort this out ASAP and if yours is an isolated case then they should replace the whole infotainment unit. Won't do Jaguar's reputation any good if this problem spirals especially as the F-Pace is now entering the public domain.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The dashboard has never been an issue, solely the centre screen. The control unit has been changed when it crashed during the Jaguar campaign to fix the faults. It makes no difference whatsoever the problem is software / firmware related, not hardware, this much Jaguar know.

They simply do not have an appropriate fix at this time.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.