Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm seriously considering a Jag SC FP - previously used to driving the usual german cars & wanting something that is different. Considered Macan turbo and BMW x5 5.0d and RRS 4.4 v8 - apart from the Range the others are good cars and tixk the speed boxes but are either too common or not very pleasing to the eye. I hope to get a SC test drive soon to help make my mind up. Let me know if you've had any of the cars on my list?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the FP SC, no demos at the dealers so you may struggle with a test drive.

I've had several Porsche's including two Cayenne's (old and new model), X5 etc.

I don't like the Macan, new Cayenne out next year so didn't want the current model, Maserati Lavante is out around Sept which may be worth a look...

Personally for me FP is the best looking SUV out at the moment and the SC handles superbly :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Interesting that you are considering cars from two different size categories (ie Macan and RRS) as the FP sits very neatly between the two!

JLR won't be happy you are looking at the RRS alongside the FP as they are supposed to appeal to different markets but at least they double their chances of selling you something!

I'm biased as I've had 4 JLR cars before (one was a RRS S/C) but they have a sense of style the Germans can't match. The Macan is butt ugly IMO.

By the way ... Try the 3.0d .. I have never owned a diesel before and had no intention of ever doing so until I tried it. I think in real world driving it's as brisk as the SC (have a go in an XF to compare) and the thumping torque makes it a very relaxing drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The X5 M50D is a 3.0D and not 5.0D, it is confusing how BMW number their cars now, 30D is 3.0 single turbo, 40D is 3.0 twin turbo and 50D is 3.0 tri turbo, it was so much easier in the old days, showing my age now.
Although don't get hung up on rarity of the f pace, if the supposed pre-order figures are anything to go by, the f pace will be everywhere within a year but that is just normal for a new car such as this one, buy it as a great car and not to be different

1 - 4 of 4 Posts