Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the UK that are considering finance through Jaguar (PCP in my case) please be aware they are proposing to increasing their interest rate from 5.9% to 6.9% as of tomorrow…to secure current rates you need to process the approval paper work ASAP if you haven't already done so, not sure if tomorrow will be too late.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi just checked with my dealer, if anyone has already paid a deposit on a vehicle the interest rate is locked in, if not get your order in today and a deposit paid or from tomorrow its definitely going to be 6.8%.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was considering the Jaguar Finance until my bank, Halifax, offered me finance for 3.6%.
As long as you have a current account, and I assume a relatively good credit record, with Halifax then you can apply for this offer.

It is available for up to 4 years with a balloon payment, as per the Jaguar finance option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up re Halifax....I don't want to do Martin Lewis out of a job but has anybody else managed to secure good finance deals similar to Jaguar's PCP arrangement?.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Following my post about the Halifax car loan earlier I have had an email from my mortgage company, First Direct.

I can add the amount to my mortgage, at a rate of 2.29%.
The downside is that the monthly payment is higher, due to no balloon amount at the end.
But if you intend to keep the vehicle beyond the standard 3 or 4 years then the additional amount could be borrowed over 5 or 6 years.

I guess that there is the potential that your home may be at risk if you defaulted on the payments !
This is where an accountant or IFA should be able to clarify.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't add it to the mortgage my wife might find out the car cost more than £18K...i'm at £60K at the mo!. :)

My Hailifax Credit Card didn't qualify me for their flex car loan :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking round and found a deal with Tesco. If you have a clubcard and keep the term under 8 years and the amount under £25k then they have a 3.4% APR deal on at the moment.

£25k over 6 years is then £383pm which isn't bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.