Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it's on the way.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

The Jaguar F-Pace SVR, the super-hot version of Jaguar's first SUV model, has been spotted testing for the first time.

As is usual for performance-oriented models, Jaguar took the F-Pace SVR to the Nürburgring for testing, where the model was spotted sporting heavy disguise.

It's clear from the camouflage, however, that an aggressive front spoiler has been added, along with two huge air intakes either side of the front numberplate.

Under the bonnet, Jaguar's 5.0-litre supercharged V8 is likely to be supplying the power via an eight-speed ZF automatic gearbox. It's the same engine and gearbox combination found in the Range Rover Sport SVR, which develops 542bhp and 680Nm of torque. However, in the F-Type the same powertrain has been tuned to 567bhp.

Sources:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/jaguar-f-pace-svr-spotted-first-time
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/f-pace/97127/hot-new-jaguar-f-pace-svr-spotted-on-test
http://www.motor1.com/news/98780/jaguar-f-pace-svr-spy/

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Both the cayenne Turbo and RRSport SVR is £95K and with a doubt the latter has a superior interior and image so regardless of what Autocar are saying the FP SVR won't be £90k. My gut says between £75-80k.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can understand why you might pay a premium for an SVR F-Type (proper sports car performance, track days etc), but why would you want an SUV with that degree of performance??

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Growler said:
I can understand why you might pay a premium for an SVR F-Type (proper sports car performance, track days etc), but why would you want an SUV with that degree of performance??
To see the face of the person next to you as you blow them away at the traffic light Grand Prix of course :evil:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
smash said:
I'm told it'll be £85k, though that front end doesn't seem right, compared to a concept drawing I've seen, and yet these things will change till the 11th hour, so who knows what it'll finally be, but I hope it's great )))
The pieces in the bottom bumper left and right are huge air ducts by all accounts, the wheels are also wrong and this is only a test car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ran the plate... :geek: . But it won't say what cylinder or anything about emissions. :roll: The only thing I can tell you is that underneath the camo.... It is actually red! :lol: :lol:
Agree that they won't probably be alloy style on the finished thing.... And I would imagine there are some large cooling vents in that bonnet somewhere too.would be surprised if they go the 5 litre route as there are only two exhausts and not four. Maybe the prototype ITAINIUM straight six motor, taking its first breath of fresh air outside the Wolverhampton R+D cell, I think the tree huggers may have made the the last V8 jag the F-type SVR :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
smash said:
I'm told it'll be £85k, though that front end doesn't seem right, compared to a concept drawing I've seen, and yet these things will change till the 11th hour, so who knows what it'll finally be, but I hope it's great )))
Smash .... You are always full of information. Who's your source? Give us a clue man.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
This was something I would have been very interested in but I'm afraid to say I don't love the car as a whole so right now can't see me interested in it.

Thee engine , looks and hopefully a bit of interior upgrading quality wise would be of interest but I think to live with day to day won't be great unless you are out in the sticks a bit or have nice drives every week, day.

Still be interesting to see and is good to know it's happening.

I thought they wou,d have an XF SVR version as I think that's the route I might go next ( could be in next few months unless things improve !!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts