Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Ammonite F Pace S in October, for delivery end of January. Really starting to get excited as Christmas approached and the wait is starting to be over. Rang the dealer to find out how things are progressing and was told some good news - "Its already been built for you" - - Whoopee I thought an early delivery might be on the cards - well done Jaguar. "But there is a slight problem..." oh no I thought what? "You know you ordered black seats - well they are brown!". OMG... But look at the good side - at least Jaguar caught the mistake before the car was shipped. So now its back to another build to get my black seats. My dealer was very apologetic and has assured me Jaguar will rush the new build through and has also offered a couple of goodies in compensation. Have to say since it wasn't their fault that's pretty good of them. Still Christmas wont be the same now. :( Hopefully the guys at Jaguar will get the build through quickly and get it right this time. Fingers crossed. Anyone else had these sort of problems?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ what a shame. At least it was caught before you took delivery. There's a few stories on here of people discovering the wrong seats at handover.

Make sure your dealer gets the replacement car before the end of March when the VED goes through the roof.

Happy Christmas!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes the norm is handover when you find out so...
And don't be so down on the brown :) it looks great
Bit of a shame it has to go for a full rebuild - surely they can just swap the seats and trim easier ?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
i find it hard in today's world that if you have a build sheet of your car and its 100% correct why they can not build it 100% correct, does someone go, oh look here some brown seats that customer won't notice.

Just plain dumb in my eyes.

Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Yes the norm is handover when you find out so...
And don't be so down on the brown :) it looks great
Bit of a shame it has to go for a full rebuild - surely they can just swap the seats and trim easier ?
Sorry didn't mean to suggest the brown wasn't nice. I have seen the brown in other cars and it does look great. Just with grey, my personal preference and my wife's :D, was for black seats. Apparently it has to have a new build - probably just as well then they cant to any damage taking stuff out. I assume the trim etc all goes in before assembly of other bits and its a lot easier for them just to build another car. Fingers crossed anyway.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
No worries only ribbing you.
I'd have picked black with that lighter grey

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
i find it hard in today's world that if you have a build sheet of your car and its 100% correct why they can not build it 100% correct, does someone go, oh look here some brown seats that customer won't notice.

Fingers crossed for you.
I agree - but I suppose in a new assembly line there are bound to be some problems initially. As long as Jaguar are learning and starting to ensure the cars ordered are the ones they build otherwise they will have a very unhappy customer base. Just assume these sort of problems happen at first. Just hope they get the order fast and right for me on the second attempt :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
^ what a shame. At least it was caught before you took delivery. There's a few stories on here of people discovering the wrong seats at handover.

Make sure your dealer gets the replacement car before the end of March when the VED goes through the roof.

Happy Christmas!
And a happy Christmas to you too and all my friends who have bought F Paces - its a great car. Lets hope Jaguar get my build right next time and I get it registered before the end of March - fingers crossed - cmon Jaguar - loyal customer hoping all goes well :)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Birthwaite said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Fingers crossed for you.
I agree - but I suppose in a new assembly line there are bound to be some problems initially. As long as Jaguar are learning and starting to ensure the cars ordered are the ones they build otherwise they will have a very unhappy customer base. Just assume these sort of problems happen at first. Just hope they get the order fast and right for me on the second attempt :)
Were almost a year into production and your not the first, I could accept they are learning from there mistakes but I just don't see it at present as people like you are still getting issues that they had months ago.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does this mean that some ware there's a FP with black seats, where the owner ordered Brown seats :?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I doubt very much it was the assembly line problem.

I'd guess that it was the dealership entering the wrong details into the order system, and they are trying to cover their butts.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Gdank said:

I'd guess that it was the dealership entering the wrong details into the order system, and they are trying to cover their butts.
If the customer has a print out that matches what they ordered then the error is at the production line, others who have had this issue and when they asked they were told that Jaguar re-enter the details at the production line before build, so if someone there enters the wrong information then when it comes to build the car it will be wrong.

Not saying this is the case this time and only the original poster will know if there build sheet from Jaguar is correct, i would assume it is as they are building another.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah I got a build sheet .... however I've heard that not all dealers give their customers the sheet for checking.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Gdank said:

If the customer has a print out that matches what they ordered then the error is at the production line, others who have had this issue and when they asked they were told that Jaguar re-enter the details at the production line before build, so if someone there enters the wrong information then when it comes to build the car it will be wrong.

Not saying this is the case this time and only the original poster will know if there build sheet from Jaguar is correct, i would assume it is as they are building another.
I did have print out from the dealer that matched what I had ordered. Also the car was scheduled for delivery end of January which probably would have been the first time the dealer would have realised a mistake was made. I understand your point and I am sure that can happen as well. It seems the mistake was in the production sheet - but as I said at least their end of production line quality control caught it in time.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I never had a print out of my build sheet, lucky it was right I guess, hope it is the same second time around!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good news. The dealer finally took delivery of my new car this week and has scheduled pick up for the end of next week. That two weeks earlier than expected. They invited me over to have a P-PDI look at the car, to check that I now had my black seats and all was well. I am very pleased to be able to report - BLACK SEATS as originally ordered along with all my other options included and in place. I also had the opportunity to examine all of the panels on the car and check every gap. I am very pleased to be able to report that the bonnet and boot and all the other panels are all in line and parallel - no apparent problems. Things have obviously improved a lot with the models coming off the lines now. Looking forward to the end of next week and getting excited now. PS: The car looks fabulous :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Birthwaite said:
I am very pleased to be able to report that the bonnet and boot and all the other panels are all in line and parallel - no apparent problems. Things have obviously improved a lot with the models coming off the lines now. Looking forward to the end of next week and getting excited now. PS: The car looks fabulous :)
This is awesome news for those of us waiting for ours to be delivered to dealer, My build date is end of next week (so car will be finished and ready for dealer then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[/quote]
This is awesome news for those of us waiting for ours to be delivered to dealer, My build date is end of next week (so car will be finished and ready for dealer then.
[/quote]

We owe thanks to all those on this forum who had the early problems and posted them. We owe thanks to Jaguar who are obviously trying to take note and make things better. Keep the faith - its a lovely car - lets all be a bit more positive about a beautiful design that's getting better. My son works for another famous car maker (no names) and he assured me ANY new car takes at least 6-12 months to get rid of problems - he said Jag have a good reputation by comparison to many others - be positive guys and gals and enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I hope so Birthwaite but I will reserve my position until this next batch of 17 plate cars are delivered to their owners. Then we can compare the vibe to that of the Class of 16 and 66. Then we will truly know. But I agree, things do generally seem to be looking up and, if that is the case, I also am grateful to the early adopters and the Improvement Project that my ex-colleague told me had been implemented in the factory (she is a former Jaguar employee with contacts still there).

If anyone has read this week's AutoExpress, you will have noted the Editor's brand new, fully loaded Audi SQ7 developed an electronic warning fault (or so he hopes). It continually states that he needs to check the oil level because it is too high. It took his dealer ten minutes to answer his call, then he was put on hold and finally they booked him in for the earliest available slot - a full seven weeks away! He asked for a courtesy car and that was the best date they could offer. On his first call he was cut off. Oh, and the dealer told him that they had problems due to a lack of technicians.

I remember the edition when he took delivery and how they basked in the warm glow of the photographer's lens. Not so good now. That's Audi, German I believe. 26/31 in Driver Power survey and heading south by the minute.

Now I am no technical expert but, while the editor is chilled about that warning lamp because he can't remember topping the car up with oil in the weeks since he took delivery, I seem to remember reading somewhere that water or fuel can seep into the oil system and, after it brims, can then go in to damage the catalytic converter or something? Of course, he is the editor and the car is under warranty but there you go.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A mate had similar experience with a Citroen... not same class of car I appreciate that, but the fault was traced to a defective dipstick sensor! Now that happens and should be a quick diagnosis. The test as with all cars is how the dealer copes and keeps the customer happy. I think the early owners here, including myself, have been treated with varied levels of service. Its been stated and should be repeated here again, find a good dealer, if the vibe during the buying negotiations are not good, its time to think about trying somewhere else!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts