Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve a P400e and have a Nextbase dash cam wired in that I also had in my last vehicle.

They are market leaders and their cams range from £49 to over £300 for the elite package.
I have a mid-range one and it works a treat once you upgrade from an 8gb memory to a 32gb memory. Will keep somewhere near a weeks worth of footage for a moderate driver.

Reactions: brydenfrefraser

·
Registered
65 Posts
No, I didn’t install myself but many people have done and I think if you buy from Halfords, its not too much extra to include wired installation.
That being said, its easy to set up if you don’t powering it through the cigarette lighter output.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I have a Nextbase 512GW which I have had in 2 previous vehicles. Not expensive and excellent quality.
Fitted myself in less than half an hour using a piggy back fuse holder.
Really couldn’t justify the price Jaguar are asking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm using a Nextbase 422GW with the addition of the rearview camera mounted on it. This looks through the rear screen from the front so no need to mount a rear camera on the rear screen which is problematical in the F-Pace. And same as PJM, permanently wired via a piggy back fuse. One issue the Nextbase has, it won't pickup any GPS signals, I presume my heated, solar etc front screen is blocking the signals.

·
Registered
2018 2.0D F-Pace
6 Posts
Hi all,
Has anyone with the new style F pace had the jaguar dash cam fitted, if so what do you think? Or if another make, which do you recommend?
I did look seriously at the Jaguar after market dash cam but just couldn’t justify the price for what seems like quite a mediocre product. So opted for the BlackVue DR590x instead. Comes in a couple of days and will initially use as a plug in unit before going down the route of permanently wiring in. Also need to think long and hard about the cost of the additional battery to be able to use the parking mode.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I fitted a 4K Blackvue to mine(MY19 3.0S), takes about 30 mins, no visible wires, and it's hardwired via the OBD port.
I'd suggest it's better to use a piggy-back fuse from a heftier supply in the passenger side fuse box rather than the OBD port.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for your replies, I am still awaiting my car so just doing research at the moment. With mine being a hybrid I did read somewhere that it is not advisory to connect via OBD( I will have to see if I can find the article). I am interested in how easy it is to connect via the fuse piggy back, is this in the passenger foot well? But see the attached I wonder if you can purchase the connector into the interior light?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
May I ask what sort of mount do you all use. I was thinking of adding a cam, but don't want one of those suction Cup things on my screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts