Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently had the Jaguar Front and Rear dash cam installed in my 22 F-Pace. A bit underwhelmed by the quality and user experience but the big question is how do I download the rear camera footage? I can view front and rear clips using the app and can even download footage within the app but unable to share outside of the phone app! I have taken the micro SD card out and opened the files on my laptop but no rear footage clips??? I have downloaded Dashcam viewer software hoping the rear footage is in the file with the front footage but it is not there. Anyone know where the rear camera footage is? Jaguar UK laughably refuse to help because ‘it is not their product’ even though it has Jaguar on it and took my £700! I had it installed after 2 hit and runs whilst the car was parked, the rear footage is very important to catching these people who can’t drive.

Appreciate some technical assistance

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, I recently had the Jaguar Front and Rear dash cam installed in my 22 F-Pace. A bit underwhelmed by the quality and user experience but the big question is how do I download the rear camera footage? I can view front and rear clips using the app and can even download footage within the app but unable to share outside of the phone app! I have taken the micro SD card out and opened the files on my laptop but no rear footage clips??? I have downloaded Dashcam viewer software hoping the rear footage is in the file with the front footage but it is not there. Anyone know where the rear camera footage is? Jaguar UK laughably refuse to help because ‘it is not their product’ even though it has Jaguar on it and took my £700! I had it installed after 2 hit and runs whilst the car was parked, the rear footage is very important to catching these people who can’t drive.

Appreciate some technical assistance

thanks
It’s not quite what you are after, but as a workaround you might be able to record the phone screen from within the app and then export from camera roll?

On iPhone you can do this with Screen Recording control. Enable via Settings > Control Centre > Screen Recording.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not quite what you are after, but as a workaround you might be able to record the phone screen from within the app and then export from camera roll?

On iPhone you can do this with Screen Recording control. Enable via Settings > Control Centre > Screen Recording.
Thanks for the reply but nope that won’t cut it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
not much point in a dash cam if you cant share the footage?!?!
I would suggest that it has not been installed right and the F-Pace itself cannot see the rear camera, i would be back with the dealer until they do something.
As you say JLR were happy to take your £700 - you get broadband installed and you get a router - router is not made by your ISP but you sure dont bypass them when you have trouble.
you could get a scan or someone else to look at it, but then JLR would take absolutely nothing to do with it.
good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not much point in a dash cam if you cant share the footage?!?!
I would suggest that it has not been installed right and the F-Pace itself cannot see the rear camera, i would be back with the dealer until they do something.
As you say JLR were happy to take your £700 - you get broadband installed and you get a router - router is not made by your ISP but you sure dont bypass them when you have trouble.
you could get a scan or someone else to look at it, but then JLR would take absolutely nothing to do with it.
good luck and keep us posted
The REAR camera is working fine and plays back in the APP. You can even 'DOWNLOAD' the files to the APP, but once in the APP there is no way of sharing or exporting the files. Plugged in the MIcroSD card into the laptop and it only has the FRONT Cam footage. Downloaded an independent Dash cam software to see if the REAR is encoded into the same file but it only will play the front camera from the MP4. Jaguar won't help, the Jaguar 'approved' installer won't help so feeling slightly frustrated as if there is no way of physically exporting the clip it is redundant unless I just show people my phone. Screen recording will not give me a 1980xHD file so that isn't an option. Cray eh?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would say the installer has failed to complete his part of the contract if he can’t demonstrate it fully working. Be polite but firm, give them one chance to fix it then if it isn’t working fully ask for your money back. The app is an inherent part of the installation. Straight Consumer Rights Act case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say the installer has failed to complete his part of the contract if he can’t demonstrate it fully working. Be polite but firm, give them one chance to fix it then if it isn’t working fully ask for your money back. The app is an inherent part of the installation. Straight Consumer Rights Act case.
I just need to access the Rear camera files. I can see them on the APP but what good is that if they can't be exported or shared in the event of an incident? Jaguar Customer support are refusing to advise and now going through my retailer.

·
Registered
Caesium Blue First Edition 3.0d V6 :)
33 Posts
You have run into the biggest gripe & good part of IoS security, iPhones don't have file access import/export unless its available in an Apple store, as in Camera roll etc. Have you checked the app does NOT have an export option in iPhone thats a square with an up arrow in it which then gives export options. There are some 3rd party apps that can up/download files to/from an iphone. I had to use one to get my google maps exported route into my satnav in the phone, PITA, but it worked. Not used it for a while will see what I can find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can try the iTunes way here Transfer files between iPhone and your computer look at the
"Transfer files between iPhone and your Windows PC" Section. I put the app on my iphone, but don't have the camera so no files, but it looks like this in iTunes
Product Rectangle Font Software Screenshot

In true 12year old developer style if you scroll down the right side once app is selected there is an ADD & SAVE button ! :(

Give it a whirl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help but the ‘Downloaded’ files are within the App. There is no option to share or forward. Even Jaguar customer support said once downloaded you can share them. They checked and said ‘oh, it doesn’t have that option!’. I am still no closer to figuring this out. ANYONE???

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have no technical assistance but curious why you went for the Jaguar dashcam? Just another aftermarket product they're trying to cash in on which they have no expertise. If you get your money back, have it removed and have TTW installations put in a blackvue. I've had no problems with mine and they are the best installers of this type of product and much more in the country.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just had a thought, the camera units are really quite bulky, if the the smart card you pulled came from the front camera with just front camera files, have a look at the rear unit & see if it too has a memory card ! I assume they are NOT cabled together, but use Bluetooth or WiFi to communicate with your paired device. Worth a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts