Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have driven about 50 miles today, the car is awesome, great chassis much more compliant than my Audi A5 SLine coupe, better steering and feels better through the corners, bigger but strangely easier to place, amazing ride quality on the 22's. The engine note is great, 90 feels like 75 in the Audi, need to pay attention and not drive by ear otherwise points are likely :D :D

Photos below
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Nice, enjoy fellow SC owner :D

I still only have 1600 miles on mine but starting to play more now :twisted:

Pretentious I know but I do wish there was some thing subtle to identify the petrol SC over the other models...oh wait I guess it the amazing sound as you rip away at the lights :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
That's the colour G - looks fantastic.
Now I'm super jealous as that's the spec I think I should have gone for but black wheels and brogue interior :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
View attachment 87

Looks brilliant. Storm Grey delivers and the Turbines pick-out the silver in the badging and exhaust.

Shame Hatfields have seen fit to put black bolts through and over-sized the rear reg plate. It's about the details. Easy fix thankfully.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Lovely looking beast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
The Gman said:
Have driven about 50 miles today, the car is awesome, great chassis much more compliant than my Audi A5 SLine coupe, better steering and feels better through the corners, bigger but strangely easier to place, amazing ride quality on the 22's. The engine note is great, 90 feels like 75 in the Audi, need to pay attention and not drive by ear otherwise points are likely :D :D

Photos below
Hoping to have the handover next week - would have loved the 3.0 but couldn't justify the starter price :)

Lovely pics Gman!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
storm grey looks the nuts! well worth the premium IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PaulC said:
View attachment 87

Looks brilliant. Storm Grey delivers and the Turbines pick-out the silver in the badging and exhaust.

Shame Hatfields have seen fit to put black bolts through and over-sized the rear reg plate. It's about the details. Easy fix thankfully.
Thanks Paul, handover was good, they did the reveal thing in the showroom :D I am very pleased with how the overall look has worked out, not sure I agonised as much as you, but certainly changed my mind a good few times :shock: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Inspection this morning was positive, battery terminals correctly tightened, positive cover on, front panel bolts tight photos below on how they have got the front end to be square through using the adjustment, passenger side adjusted by 4-5mm to get the front end square, which is fine that is what the adjustment is for..... The only visual issue and it's minor is that to due this to shut line on the bonnet tapers against the wing on the drives side whilst is linear on the passenger side.

So I think my dealer has done a decent job on PDI, either they or Jaguar have done the alignment well, and having put a sim in last night and tested all the ITCP last night all functions appear to work well.

Another 100/150 mile shakedown today beckons...

So far couldn't be more pleased :D :D :D :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catwoman said:
Looks a beauty 'G' . . . :cool: . . glad to hear it's all good too

. . . don't be having too much fun now! :lol:
I respected the capabilities of my last Audi, the SC is altogether more fun..... Silly really but slowing down on purpose to speed back up to hear the exhaust rasp.... I guess I will tire of that... But not for a good while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
The Gman said:
catwoman said:
Looks a beauty 'G' . . . :cool: . . glad to hear it's all good too

. . . don't be having too much fun now! :lol:
I respected the capabilities of my last Audi, the SC is altogether more fun..... Silly really but slowing down on purpose to speed back up to hear the exhaust rasp.... I guess I will tire of that... But not for a good while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc with Arrow cans and no baffles......she's 5 yrs old now and I'm still loving the sound of those flutes blowing and the pop, bang and burble when you throttle off still makes me smile after 5yrs!!! It's an automotive orchestra!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
The Gman said:
catwoman said:
Looks a beauty 'G' . . . :cool: . . glad to hear it's all good too

. . . don't be having too much fun now! :lol:
I respected the capabilities of my last Audi, the SC is altogether more fun..... Silly really but slowing down on purpose to speed back up to hear the exhaust rasp.... I guess I will tire of that... But not for a good while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you tire of it no one else will, quite a rare sound now to hear a throaty petrol engine and my head always turns (as do most others) when one passes me on the street.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Ruski said:
The Gman said:
catwoman said:
Looks a beauty 'G' . . . :cool: . . glad to hear it's all good too

. . . don't be having too much fun now! :lol:
I respected the capabilities of my last Audi, the SC is altogether more fun..... Silly really but slowing down on purpose to speed back up to hear the exhaust rasp.... I guess I will tire of that... But not for a good while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you tire of it no one else will, quite a rare sound now to hear a throaty petrol engine and my head always turns (as do most others) when one passes me on the street.
Agreed but it has to be a proper engine note such as yours in the SC. I can't bear the poor imitations where the owner has taken a Honda Civic and done a retrofit overblown exhaust or, of almost similar poor taste, a BMW 3 or 5 series which has suffered the same fate!

Enjoy, we share your joy when you post!

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
The SC does indeed sound fabulous when you're gunning it but it's a shame it doesn't sound like their old V8 supercharged engines. I had two 4.2s and one 5.0 and the low down thrum from idle, rising through a warble to a mechanical scream was pure music.

But that's the way of the world. Fewer cylinders. Less capacity. It all makes sense.

So I've gone for something completely different. My first ever diesel. Hope I don't regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
"Agreed but it has to be a proper engine note such as yours in the SC. I can't bear the poor imitations where the owner has taken a Honda Civic and done a retrofit overblown exhaust or, of almost similar poor taste, a BMW 3 or 5 series which has suffered the same fate!"

Enjoy, we share your joy when you post!

Arianne[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes but see my next post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So mpg is interesting :mrgreen: :shock: :eek: :D delayed train meant.crewe station at 21:03 having been in my office in the city at 6:12 this morning, now I know I am running in and the red line is 6800rpm kept under 5000 I think :? :D switched to dynamic 4-5 times to squeeze past stuff on the 42 mile twisty A roads back to the Welsh Marches, a quick time In the Audi was 50 minute which equalled about 28mpg in the old 3ltr Diesel using the paddles and leaving the auto in sport.... SC 2000 rpm under limiter left in drive, dynamic a few times :oops: back in 56 minutes and an interesting 17.2 mpg.... Mind you I had set the engine running and the AC at 20c 20 1o minutes before I got to the station, so straight into a cool car in every sense :D :D :D

MPG :mrgreen: smile on my face priceless!! :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
The SC does indeed sound fabulous when you're gunning it but it's a shame it doesn't sound like their old V8 supercharged engines. I had two 4.2s and one 5.0 and the low down thrum from idle, rising through a warble to a mechanical scream was pure music.

But that's the way of the world. Fewer cylinders. Less capacity. It all makes sense.

So I've gone for something completely different. My first ever diesel. Hope I don't regret it.
Totally agree and you won't regret the deisel, it's incredible in dynamic mode on acceleration as well as in normal driving.
Regarding the V8; a V6 will never compare and it does almost feel 'forced' or even fake the sound they produce today, I had many 2.5 and 3.0 V6's in the distant past and none made the roar they do today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
So mpg is interesting :mrgreen: :shock: :eek: :D delayed train meant.crewe station at 21:03 having been in my office in the city at 6:12 this morning, now I know I am running in and the red line is 6800rpm kept under 5000 I think :? :D switched to dynamic 4-5 times to squeeze past stuff on the 42 mile twisty A roads back to the Welsh Marches, a quick time In the Audi was 50 minute which equalled about 28mpg in the old 3ltr Diesel using the paddles and leaving the auto in sport.... SC 2000 rpm under limiter left in drive, dynamic a few times :oops: back in 56 minutes and an interesting 17.2 mpg.... Mind you I had set the engine running and the AC at 20c 20 1o minutes before I got to the station, so straight into a cool car in every sense :D :D :D

MPG :mrgreen: smile on my face priceless!! :D :D
Hang on you set the engine running ? I sort of read something on this a while back. You can start the engine and warm it before ? I didn't think you could do from miles away. That would freak me out and fear for its safety
What option was that to get fancy extras
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top