1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Just been over to dealers and sorted out my paperwork...... Took some piccies of the car as had just been delivered to the yard! Pick-up arranged for Weds (in meantime I've just swapped the XJL Autobiography that they had lent me for a F Type S AWD :D ..... Somehow waiting till weds to pick-up the car won't be painful!

No idea why there are 3 copies of first pic...... But have to admit that the you just cannot stop wanting to see it :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Beautiful! Very similar to what I have on order. I may have the wheel colour changed to a similar shade as the FE ones as I am not a fan of black wheels on a black car (even though that's what I have ordered) and that shade difference does it for me. Enjoy!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruski said:
Beautiful! I may have the wheel colour changed to a similar shade .......and that shade difference does it for me!
I agree ...... The black accent really suits the car....

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Now after seeing that close up, you have just added about another £600 to my purchase price! What do you think of the rear silver exhaust bit at the back? I don't really like it but saw pics from a guy in Andorra and it looked OK with the black on the FE, seemed to break up the black nicely, any pics?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruski said:
Now after seeing that close up, you have just added about another £600 to my purchase price! What do you think of the rear silver exhaust bit at the back? I don't really like it but saw pics from a guy in Andorra and it looked OK with the black on the FE, seemed to break up the black nicely, any pics?
See pic....... To me I am still of the opinion that this is just not quite right - I am thinking of having it done in 'carbon fibre weave', as think that the silver inset of the carbon fibre cloth will provide the right effect and break-up what would be just too much gloss black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks great. Similar to mine but those grey elements on the FE wheels do look great.
You've got some dealer giving you an XJ and an F Type - how the heck did you manage that. I've not even had a cup of tea !

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
You've got some dealer giving you an XJ and an F Type - how the heck did you manage that. I've not even had a cup of tea !
Have to say that Simon, Andy, Phil and the team at H A Fox (Doncaster) have been absolute stars on my whole order process. This will be my first experience of Jaguar ownership (although been a Landrover 'member' for a number of years) and I doubt will be my last!

From helping with my original requirement of wanting to have both a skinny and full size (22) spare at configurator prices on my R-Sport spec'd car (gosh this wait has seen some iterations of spec:)), they have tolerated a number of changes to spec (some very significant) and even gone to the point where they have kept both my final S spec car and the FE on order systems just 'in-case' I changed my mind! The loan of cars was just another offer of help from them due to the delays in S spec cars and the fact that my company car had to be returned..... They simply saw I was in a situation and found a way to help me as a 'valued' customer ...... In my book they have already sold me future cars!

Happy days......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Picked mine up today - the 100-mile drive home was bliss! The only fly in the ointment is that the deployable steps and towbar won't talk to the car...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.