Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from my dealer earlier today to confirm after checking the car was still on track to be built tomorrow has confirmed it's already built! :)

Fingers crossed that it won't be until 5th August till I get it - expecting JLR wanting to get it to me so that they can get their money will be in the next 2 weeks

I'm already (tongue in cheek) asking my sales guy 'is it here yet? :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Is the 'build date' the date they start or finish the car?? My build date is tomorrow but was under impression that was the date it went into production??

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Is the 'build date' the date they start or finish the car?? My build date is tomorrow but was under impression that was the date it went into production??
Yes week ending so it will be built if they stuck to timetable

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Fab so it could be rolling off production line tomorrow afternoon then??? :shock: :p :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Fab so it could be rolling off production line tomorrow afternoon then??? :shock: :p :cool:
I'm trying not to be too impatient and holding back giving my sales guy a call to see if it's here yet :)

They advise that they can't see a shipping date, and the delivery date it still showing in August, but one hopes that this will be next week so that JLR can get more money in the bank

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am at the dealers tomorrow morning having the dreaded part ex conversation :shock: :D , I am hoping they have called it down, apparently when built they go into another pool until the dealer "calls them down"... Just had my first ever call from the dealer (it's normally me calling them) it has been called down and it generally takes 5 working days for them to get delivery.... It's looking like only 7 more sleeps :D

Carl at least I know mine was completed by Wednesday so it can't be a Friday car, there seem to be a few on the forum :?

I am armed with all the data points of here on GAP, Wheel and true cover etc....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Gman said:
I am at the dealers tomorrow morning having the dreaded part ex conversation :shock: :D , I am hoping they have called it down, apparently when built they go into another pool until the dealer "calls them down"... Just had my first ever call from the dealer (it's normally me calling them) it has been called down and it generally takes 5 working days for them to get delivery.... It's looking like only 7 more sleeps :D

Carl at least I know mine was completed by Wednesday so it can't be a Friday car, there seem to be a few on the forum :?

I am armed with all the data points of here on GAP, Wheel and true cover etc....
Yep, mine's a Wednesday build :) By all accounts the dealer has access to the JRL systems and get notified when they can call down the car. I'm PX'ing as well by they've already given me a number which is a tad lower than I could get selling privately, but they'll sort paying off the remainder of the loan I have on the current car

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Gman you git!! :lol: shall be chasing my dealer in the morning to see WTF is going on?? If I can get mine pre August I'll take her. Hopefully mine isn't a bloody Frigged up Friday car!!! Keep us posted to progress and pics!!! Good Luck fella!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I have the same "Build Date" of 08/07, so call to the dealer tomorrow to check status me thinks. The original order paperwork quotes 05/08 as date for delivery to dealer. Would love to get the car earlier. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Gman you git!! :lol: shall be chasing my dealer in the morning to see WTF is going on?? If I can get mine pre August I'll take her. Hopefully mine isn't a bloody Frigged up Friday car!!! Keep us posted to progress and pics!!! Good Luck fella!!
Ah you must know my ex wife, she referred to me as git shortly after my barrister proved she was cohabiting :D :D :D hence I can afford the SC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good luck to you also for your delivery...

Friday car no those don't happen anymore surely :D :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Penfold23 said:
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I have the same "Build Date" of 08/07, so call to the dealer tomorrow to check status me thinks. The original order paperwork quotes 05/08 as date for delivery to dealer. Would love to get the car earlier. :)
Same as you Penfold23....if you queue jump me heads will roll....I SAY HEADS WILL ROLL!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Penfold23 said:
Mbadger77 said:
Same as you Penfold23....if you queue jump me heads will roll....I SAY HEADS WILL ROLL!!!
Guess it all comes down to the dealer calling for earlier delivery and available slots on the transporters ..... Will keep you posted CarlFRZ434

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well Gman, Penfold24 and anybody else, called dealer today and he said he had good news for next week! My build date 08 July was like Gman's, finished on Wed 6th!! He called it down and should be with him middle to end of next week!! So subject to taking a hit on p/X of my Evoque or quick sale once back from holiday I might have her home last week of July!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
CarlFRZ434.

For your info, had my discussion with my dealer yesterday regarding part-ex value of my Evoque. Really disappointed yet not surprised.

My FP R-Sport is dated for delivery 21st September, however they did give me a projected valuation. The maximum September part-ex value of my immaculate low mileage 13 reg Evoque PureTech (with a number of extras including pan roof) is £21,000. This is £4-5k lower than similar cars on the Autotrader website.

Despite trying to squeeze more out of them, they said that was the best they would do as they need to allow £4-4.5k mark-up for resale to cater for £1,000+ prep on the part-ex vehicle. (What for....????) and "wriggle room" for negotiating with prospective purchasers. In other words they target a minimum £3k profit.

Be interested to know how you get on in negotiations with your dealer.

MikeyT

·
Registered
948 Posts
^First what age is your Evoque?

Usually they need to offer an extended warranty, do a full service that covers everything, possibly replace a tyre or two, respray stone chips, etc.

You might be annoyed by their offer but I think the figure is in the ballpark. You can always try an independent car sales place to see if they would be interested, you might be surprised by their offer and even if it's worse than your Jaguar dealer you will know if they are treating you fair or not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
laminated.

My 13 reg Evoque is exactly 3 years old in 2 weeks time, has less than 22k miles on clock and just been serviced and MOT'd by the JLR dealer I'm purchasing the F-Pace from.

On inspecting the car they confirmed immaculate in every regard and identified nothing on the appraisal form. All good but then quoted me £15,000 less than I paid for it 3 years ago.

Am now exploring other avenues for sale. Clearly if these also confirm the £21k offered is about right, will then go with the part-ex I suppose.

MikeyT

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mine is March 14 dynamic Lux 33k miles, serviced last month at 30K good tyres, 7 months JLR warranty, plus towbar wade sensing Tv, heated wheel, heated rear seats, rear air con vents, privacy, chromed 20" wheels, Aeroflip spoiler, boot protector, blind spot, pano roof, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps so pretty much fully loaded, dealer said won't find one better spec'd but can only offer £27.5k. AT had them at £34-35k at dealers. So allowing for the £1k wriggle, £1k make good & £3-4K profit still feel thats a tight offer. Dealer even said the car won't hang around. Bear in mind they are making max profit on the F-Pace too. Normally some discount is offset to the p/X to make it seem a reasonable p/X price but since they won't discount the p/X price is poor.

·
Registered
948 Posts
MikeyT said:
laminated.

My 13 reg Evoque is exactly 3 years old in 2 weeks time, has less than 22k miles on clock and just been serviced and MOT'd by the JLR dealer I'm purchasing the F-Pace from.

On inspecting the car they confirmed immaculate in every regard and identified nothing on the appraisal form. All good but then quoted me £15,000 less than I paid for it 3 years ago.

Am now exploring other avenues for sale. Clearly if these also confirm the £21k offered is about right, will then go with the part-ex I suppose.

MikeyT
I always check other options to sell my cars when it come to purchase time, that way you know what to expect and push for the best deal but you aren't holding the upper hand here because demand on the FP is so high.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had the dealer advise they've called it down today and will be with them no longer than 10 days, but he advised they usually arrive a lot earlier, so fingers crossed this weekend :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.