Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the dealers today, which is rather splendid, should be collecting on Saturday morning.....

For those looking at quoted delivery times after build mine was completed last Tuesday so 7 working days to get to the dealer....

I will see whether my journey through the colour palette from BRG, to ordering Glacier white with BP and black venoms with privacy, switching to IRR before finally :shock: :shock: :lol: settling on Storm Grey, 22 turbines and BP but without privacy has turned out OK :roll:

Less than 48 hours to go......it seems an eon ago that I placed my deposit on September 14th......

Catwoman your handy list will be accomanpanying me for my collection inspection....

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I sincerely hope you won't need it, apart from maybe to tick items off as "not applicable" !

Wish I was collecting mine this weekend, the wait is dragging on and on, so good luck with yours, I hope it all goes well . . don't 'gun' that engine too much on the way home with it! :lol:

(...and don't forget, lotsa nice photos for us please, looking forward to seeing your combo)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Storm grey was the right colour.
I looked up pictures of black and saw a storm grey the other day and thought shit wish I'd gone with the storm.

All colours look nice but I hate the black shut lines you see on lighter cars and the bright colours unless with dark wheels I think will age quite quickly though I saw a IRR with black that looked nice.

Storm grey is dark subtle and will look great.
7 days from build - was that end of build week or actual build.
Mines due to be built next week. Black black brogue pics hopefully by August week 1 !!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Well Jel Gman!

I just rang my dealer with news of all the early arrivals expecting him to say "well good news is .... " but alas .. still Aug 12 build and Sep 4 delivery at this stage.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures to follow over the weekend...

Re gunning it, that is going to have wait for a few hours sorry days until I can get a 1000 miles up.... :roll:

I am trying to think where is the nearest tunnel to where I live to enjoy the exhaust note :D the one under Manchester airport runway is too short, the Mersey tunnels to full of fumes to open a window..... Hmm will require more investigation not a lot of tunnels in the Welsh Marches....

Thinking about the first proper drive, the horse shoe pass up from Llangollen to Llandeglla is a nice drive and then over the tops to Bala and back through Llanffylin to home are epic driving roads BUT you need to be nailing it and using the paddles out of 2nd gear corners.... NOT what one should be doing whilst running it in :cry: ... Oh well I can tootle while enjoying listening to some decent tracks on the Merdian system and track the journey with apps to set a benchmark time which I can try to reduce when properly loosened up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Excellent GMan. I hope you have an great hand-over from our friends at Shrewsbury. You've created an excellent/ enviable spec.

My build is 20th July. Hopefully I can get my Evoque sold/ px'd, collect the newbie, into Perfect Polish for 2 days (which I understand you've bumped in preference to the dealer doing the work so please let me know the results) and on the drive before I jet off for 10 days holiday on 30th.

Not convinced.

More likely, 10 days to get to the dealer, 10 days sat waiting at the dealer for my return, Evoque still not sold, might as well wait for new reg

·
Registered
688 Posts
will be great to see some more pictures of the storm grey in a variety of option combinations!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Paul bumped Perfect Polish I work away most of the week and trying to get diary alignment was hopeless, not convinced by autogylm life shine but it will do until early summer next year.

MBadger 7 working day shipment from actual build day, 4 days from end of the build week.

Chin up JLR at least new reg....although I know that probably doesn't help :(

Handover 10:00 am Saturday now they have confirmed DVLA plate transfer is done...

Best blank the plate on the photo's in case I want to go to Scotland and you know who is still having a sense of humour failure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Creating the first drive playlist..... Hmm that's a bit too much like high fidelity :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
Yes Paul bumped Perfect Polish I work away most of the week and trying to get diary alignment was hopeless, not convinced by autogylm life shine but it will do until early summer next year.

MBadger 7 working day shipment from actual build day, 4 days from end of the build week.

Handover 10:00 am Saturday now they have confirmed DVLA plate transfer is done...

Best blank the plate on the photo's in case I want to go to Scotland and you know who is still having a sense of humour failure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Creating the first drive playlist..... Hmm that's a bit too much like high fidelity :D
Great news - my build date is next week so end of month could be very realistic - see how we go.
I'm still gutted I never went storm grey but let's see in a few weeks once I see it in flesh.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mbadger77 said:
The Gman said:

Great news - my build date is next week so end of month could be very realistic - see how we go.
I'm still gutted I never went storm grey but let's see in a few weeks once I see it in flesh.
Fortunately we all have different taste (although given we are on here something is uniting us!), I hope you will be delighted with your colour personally if I had the chance I would have had FE blue hence my vacillating before finally selecting Storm Grey, in my eyes it's was the second best choice for me, but the only one available, but hopefully like you I will be pleased as punch when I see it :) :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Good Luck Gman very jealous of you but hoping mind will be a week tomorrow??

Catwoman - I thought you already had yours? When is yours due??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts