Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Its Arrived.! IRR, Latte, 22" Turbines

11K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  bluediamond013 
#1 ·
Had a call from Dad today to say his car had just arrived at the dealership,, Woohoo!.. Not bad considering the delivery date was supposed to be the 1st of July. Apparently, the cars are coming through thick and fast now (I saw another 5 just delivered FPs) and ahead of schedule, so hopefully more people will be getting 'the call' soon *thumbs up*

Very much PDI etc but I couldn't resist going for a sneaky peek :lol: What a stunner! The colour (IRR) looks amazing in the sunshine. It's full of gold flakes.

The car was all locked up so I couldn't get any decent pics of the latte/mocca interior. The wheels look fantastic though. They are a sort of satin chrome finish. They are huge but they suit the car perfectly I think.

I'm guessing collection will be some time next week but I can't wait to see it away from the dealership, all polished up nice and shiny. I'll be sure to have a fully charged camera close to hand!

Cheers

C ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice ... September/October seems far too long to wait :( (ordered mine on the first week of May)

#3 ·
Very nice, love the interior I wish that had been an option on my S, 22's? I bet your dad can't wait t be his hands on it, also makes me hope that my 25th July to the dealer might be a little earlier....

Enjoy :D

#4 ·
Great news. I agree the 22 inches are needed.
21 would be ok but even at 20 they just look a little small and not quite right on the car which was reason I upgraded once I saw them !
Congrats hope it goes well

#5 ·
Thats a very nice car, nice interior too, i couldnt have that with my kids and denim lol...

whats with it with all these gangster types racking on about 22" s.....
They arnt needed its a preference thing i have 20" on mine and they look more than big enough at the end of the day the overall diameter of the wheel, rim and rubber included is exactly the same. and in my opinion the less rubber you have makes the wheel tyre combination look wrong ...look like train wheels to me. but as i said personal preference.

Also ive been driving around on 20"s for two weeks now and the ride is good but you really do get fed up of pot holed roads and speed bumps id absolutely hate 22"s on mine.

#7 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Yup .. personal preference. I'm just staying true to the Callum design. It was meant to have 22s .. in his head, on paper, and in the metal. I think it looks awesome. 20s fine too.
I dont remember in the story of the F Pace reading that it was designed around 22" rims i thought it was designed around an overall size of wheel to give the impact it does. But as said personal preference and even with the adaptive dampers the ride over a crappy road is similar to a hot hatch with solid shocks at times.... even on 20" wheels . British roads arnt the best in opinion....

#8 ·
#9 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/motor-shows-frankfurt-motor-show/why-22-inch-wheels-are-right-fit-jaguars-new-f-pace

Here's one. There's a few others plus an interview with Mike Cross saying he set up the car's geometry with the 22s in mind.

However this is the reason the overall tyre/wheel diameter is almost identical independent of wheel size so your point is valid :)
Ah i vaugley remember reading that, probably where i got the overall wheel size quote from, i do apologise.
When i picked my car up with black 20" venoms there was an FE in with 22" wheels and although not stood together i couldnt see the size difference, although the prestige model in the show room had 18" wheels and the difference was noticeable but i wouldnt say the standard wheels looked wrong, the car was stunning in its own right.

#10 ·
Cheers all :) It really is a lovely looking thing (as are they all!).

Delboy, at least you will get yours on the latest plate. We were originally told it would probably arrive in August so had considered putting collection off til September.

Gman, yep 22" chrome turbines. The interior was a tough choice between oyster and latte as dad doesn't do dark interiors. His current S Type has champagne/dark brown interior so that swung it toward latte. Oh and I'd be expected your car to be arriving at the start if July if you've been told the 25th.

Mbadger, I love them on the 22s. The wheels actually don't look overly big when you stand back. I really want to see it on the move, it should stand out in the crowd lol.

Shaunyt, it's a great colour for a Jag. The gold flakes looked fantastic in the sunshine, even with no polish/wax.

The wheels are mostly just a personal choice based on looks. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the smaller wheels at all. But spec'ing the car up on the Jag website, to us it just looked very 'under wheeled' on anything less. Now seeing pics of various cars on different wheels, the 20s look perfectly fine in real life.

At 65 years old my dad is hardly the ganster type lol. We back to backed a non adaptive portfolio on 20s against an adaptive 30d S on 22s on our rough local roads and noticed practically no difference in ride quality. Bare in mind the 22s still have 40 series tyres so they are hardly rubber band style. They are the same as an average hatch back with 18" alloys. As a side note, a BMW 3 series Alpina runs a 25 series on a 20" wheel. That would even scare me!

There was another red portfolio in the detailing bay with black leather and 19s. I'm pretty sure they had 55s. There was a lot of tyre! I didn't get a photo of that one but did get a pic of this.. (1 of 2 gold ones they had in, nice colour!)

:D

#11 ·
Update....

It's home at last :D

We finally collected Dads car this afternoon. Just 11 miles on the clocks and looking stunning. Brilliant handover by Richard @ Jaguar Stratstone in Stourbridge. We've only driven 3 miles so far (Dads taking it out for his first cruise in about an hour).

Beautiful car, well worth the wait just on pure looks. There's so much tech to these things that's it'll take a few weeks to try everything out I think.

The latte interior looks gorgeous with the IRR. The dash, carpets etc are like a dark grey/browny colour. The 380w stereo sounds just fine to me, lovely and clear sound quality just from the radio.

I took some pics, will upload them later on.. but for now, I've just uploaded a quick "reveal" video..

Cheers ;)

#12 ·
bluediamond013 said:
Update....

It's home at last :D

We finally collected Dads car this afternoon. Just 11 miles on the clocks and looking stunning. Brilliant handover by Richard @ Jaguar Stratstone in Stourbridge. We've only driven 3 miles so far (Dads taking it out for his first cruise in about an hour).

Beautiful car, well worth the wait just on pure looks. There's so much tech to these things that's it'll take a few weeks to try everything out I think.

The latte interior looks gorgeous with the IRR. The dash, carpets etc are like a dark grey/browny colour. The 380w stereo sounds just fine to me, lovely and clear sound quality just from the radio.

I took some pics, will upload them later on.. but for now, I've just uploaded a quick "reveal" video..

Cheers ;)
ahh link not working :(

#13 ·
All changed now bluediamond013 , looks as though I may get mine in August :) Not worried now about the 66 plate as just want to get it and drive it :)

#14 ·
Ah dammit, apologies Jinjin. Let me try again :?

Ooo, not too far away now Delboy :D if they have told you August, I bet it'll be here mid July easy. It's so worth the wait. We've not driven it tonight but had a good play with some gadgets on the drive. Such a cool piece of kit! I wish I had one on order :cry: The ambient lightning likes amazing at night :eek:

Just gona upload some more now. Will try her them posted tonight :)

#15 ·
Looks great! Nice welcome from the dealers! Wonder if everyone gets that

#17 ·
Great pictures! Saw one shot black alloy.. Was that a 20" blade?

Think my mind is made up on getting the 22" helix now

#18 ·
Some other random pics. Note the red calipers on the upgrade brake option on the white R Sport.

Also, the S and R Sport are the 2 different whites (not the greatest of pics im afraid :| ). The S is a more of a grey white, the R Sport is bright white.

But.. that blue F Type :eek: wow!

R Sport

S

---------------------------

Dark Sapphire Blue

#19 ·
jinjin said:
Great pictures! Saw one shot black alloy.. Was that a 20" blade?

Think my mind is made up on getting the 22" helix now
All except the white S were rolling on 20's i think. If your going black wheels, the 20s are more than enough in reality. Both 22's do look fantastic though! Ill report back on real world ride quality once we can get some miles in. On the 3 mile journey home they felt nice and compliant over the rough patches with no nasty crashing through the suspension.

#20 ·
Hey Chris, your dad's car looks gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pics and congratulations on a lovely looking car.

So, what was the story with the R-Sport parked on the Dealer's forecourt which has the red brake calipers, do you know? . . . as per Jags cat's separate thread, over on the 'customer service' section, I thought the upgraded brakes only came with standard grey calipers, so is there any chance you could find out how that one got spec'd with the reds? If it's possible to have them included on an R-Sport, I'd go for them without hesitation! Would your Dealer be prepared to say, to clarify the position, do you think?

#21 ·
Hey CW, glad you liked the pics and the car. She is a stunner!

We were going to spec the brake upgrade on the presumption that it would include the red jag logo'd calipers but we were told it would only include larger discs along with the standard calipers.

So, while waiting at the dealers, the valeting lad pulled that lovely R Sport around ready for collection and lo and behold, it had the red jag calipers on! I asked our salesman who said that yep, those were the upgrade brake option. Bugger :|

If you can still change your order include it, I'd be very tempted for the price. Only bad thing is, the discs will be expensive to replace. My car runs 360mm front/350mm rear and they cost 300 quid per disc just to buy!

#22 ·
Week 1 down, 260 odd miles covered. First bath and triple layer polish/wax.. a quick 5 hour job, then it rained 2 hours later :p

Its a big thing to clean, but nicely shaped. Getting over the roof is difficult, i had a small step to help lol.

I took some other pics but none really came out well. These are the best of a bad bunch...

We have been using it all week for city driving and wading through puddles, all good so far. Its barely been out of eco mode and on a busy 15 or so mile city journey its been averaging 33mpg. IRR shows up dust and dirt pretty quickly but it looks amazing in the sunshine! It does feel a little large for side streets, trying to guess how close the curbs are gets a bit scary with 22's :shock:

But, its quiet and comfy and feels a million dollars. Yea there is some harder plastics in the cabin compared with Dads S Type, but you dont touch many of them. The leather feels good and the seats are just right. Dads not very tech savvy but he's coping surprisingly well with it all. The mood lighting is a different colour every time i get in :lol: The auto stop-start gets annoying so thats the first thing that gets switched off.

Today, i took it out for my first little cruise.

Its a very nice thing to drive. Very calm and relaxed in eco mode, with a very smoothed out gear change. In normal mode, the gearbox tends to what a gear too high so you get a slight delay, then a jerk as it drops another gear before accelerating slightly faster than you want. Thats easily cured with dynamic mode. Now its just always in the perfect gear, all the time. I clicked the paddles a few times but it felt a bit pointless, its too many gears to click through. Id perhaps click to select 4th gear coming onto an island when the cars holding onto 6th, but thats about it really. Auto works perfectly well the rest of the time.

The adaptive suspension is great, you can feel it has more control over the up-down/side-side movements. With dynamic off it can sometimes feels a bit bouncy. The ride comfort feels just as good with it on or off.

I know its just a 2.0d but it actually feels quick. I found i was only using a part of the throttle and it was buzzing along very nicely. My daily driver is a 414bhp V8 and i didnt think the FP felt slow at all. For such a big thing with a small engine, it can still turn a good pace from 'sorry officer' upwards. Compared with the mitsi outlander which seems to stop at 70mph :roll:

Its early days still, we are sussing it out slowly as we go. There are 2 things that have me stumped at the mo,,

No idea why, CDs are ripping to the hard drive in a random track order. Cds with no track info go into an unkown artist album, again in a very mixed up track and artist order. I also dont no how to delete albums. On a side note, the 380w stereo sounds high quaility and lovely and clear.

Occasionally we get double "beep--beep", same sound and tone as the parking sensors. 8 out of 10 times its when we are close to speed camera (sometimes on the opposite side of the road). Im pretty sure the car doesnt have speed camera recognition so this could just be a coincidence.

The dealer is kindly looking into the above for us so tomorrows job for me is to switch on the auto parking sensors :idea: better safe than sorry, aye!

Cheers
:mrgreen:

#23 ·
car looks great! did you take out any paint protection on the car?

thats one reason to get the side steps.. to clean the roof! I"ve gone for the pano option, I get the feeling its going to look a right state after some rain with al the water marks and will need its due care quite regularly!

I thought there was camera alerts at least on the ICTP

#24 ·
No we didn't bother with any paint protection stuff. I've got cupboards full of cleaning stuff so I'll just get a few layers on it over the 'summer'.

Ah good point with about the side steps. They will be ideal for the roof. I had a little step but I noticed, if your careful, your can stand on the plastic inner sill inside the rear doors an covet the whole roof (except the front painted part).

I think speed camera warnings are in the live part of the satnav, but we are getting the beeps before we had a sim. Strange but I'm sure we will get it sussed out eventually :)

#25 ·
HI, my Portfolio, Latte (looks like clone of yours :) except I got standard19 wheels, beeps for camera's, but if you know of a camera location and approach below limit it doesn't beep. So I guess you can prove that easily enough. It did this before I inserted a SIM too. Anyway they are not speed cameras I think they are safety cameras... I wonder if they cover France, as using this in France is illegal there!

One point I noticed, there is a menu that implies the Sat Nav is only licenced for 3 years, I forget where but I found a menu that said expires June 2019... with option to extend. My XF didn't have expiring licence at 3 years and no one mentioned it at anytime during sale process. Its a while away but of some concern as I plan to keep car for 5 years!

#26 ·
Great colour choices RaVolVoR :D ah thanks, good to hear the beeps are normal. We wilk have to try out approaching at quicker and slower speeds. We do have the sweet limit warning thingy switched on (to +5mph iirc) so that could maybe have something to do it as well. We've got the sim in now but it's not registering our email for some reason. The dealer can sort that out though :)

Hmm, I've not seen any licence for the nav yet. Sounds strange. I'll ask our man about that on our next dealer visit. Same as you, Dad is planning on keeping the big cat for a long long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.