Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car arrived at the dealers today, have arranged pickup next Friday!
Dealer has registered the car today! Can't help but think this is a sales target thing, as it doesn't help me from a road tax and resale value point of view - could he not have waited until Monday (October)?

Do I have grounds for a moan, here?

·
Registered
887 Posts
But won't it waste a months worth of Road Fund license? I.e. pay for a year and have to renew by the 31st August instead of 30th September.

As I'm picking my FP up tomorrow (fingers crossed) I will be losing a months worth (less a day) road fund license on my existing car as my understanding is the DVLA's minimum granularity is months not days or weeks.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Yeah, sharp intake of breath, depending on your emisssions band, could be £12 or £15 for one month, pro rata . . . issue? . . least of your worries I would think . . forget about it . . :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well done On your fine choice of colour. You will be well pleased. Although not one of the most popular colours, I wouldn't hesitate to order the same again. Must be at least 10 of us in team BRG now.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jim said:
But won't it waste a months worth of Road Fund license? I.e. pay for a year and have to renew by the 31st August instead of 30th September.

As I'm picking my FP up tomorrow (fingers crossed) I will be losing a months worth (less a day) road fund license on my existing car as my understanding is the DVLA's minimum granularity is months not days or weeks.

Jim
If we start playing that game who is going to fund the amount my car has depreciated by whilst it's been off the road at the dealers getting (not) fixed, or the fuel or my time for the hour long journey for the two or three more visits that are going to be required to fix it?

Chill out!! It's the price of a half decent bottle of wine. Suggest you have one. :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Chill out!! It's the price of a half decent bottle of wine. Suggest you have one. :lol:
Damn, you've got me thinking now. Where's that corkscrew ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would sooner be driving a day earlier for the sake of £15. You can give it a good check over :lol:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Am chilled, losing out both with my new and old car. New car registered today or yesterday pick up tomorrow (if they have sorted out the duff forward camera that was picked up on PDI).

Its just an observation and more a comment about the DVLA who use spiffing new internet interfaces to collect money but can't count time in less than whole months :^))

Jim

·
Registered
458 Posts
When they register a new car they use to have the option to make it just over 12 months so when you pick it up there is at least 12 months on it - not sure how that works with the new system,

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would say that you have a very good case for a moan as I insisted that my car was taxed for 13 months by my dealer as they wanted to register on the last day of the month to achieve some bonus or something. As they had not offered me any of this bonus in the form of discount and a lousey trade in on my Sportbrake I wouldnt play ball with their daft notion of registering on the last day of the month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.