Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my SC back a week ago friday but have not had much chance to do any proper miles until yesterday.

it seems to me that the ITCP upgrade (as well as snaffoing my iPhone bluetooth connection that used to work perfectly) has altered the suspension feel, its difficult to be precise but it feels firmer than it used to a little more crashy over pot holes and I got the back end out yesterday on a roundabout when in hot pursuit of a 430d which it has not done before i would have expected the torque vectoring to deal with the weight transfer and heavy right foot...

Has anyone else had a ITCP upgrade in the last 10 days and felt their car rides differently?

Phone call tomorrow morning needed as CD now not playing discs it was before the upgrade, bluetooth connection going missing and occasionally black screening for 2-3 minutes after the car is started....

its a great car and the performance is never less than entertaining...... the trips needed to the dealer for remediation less so.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Welcome to a glimpse of my world.....not much fun is it?
No sort of accepted that with a brand new model there would be some teething issues..... but thought getting a July build 5 months into production most would be ironed out...

Its frustrating as you know only too well, the car has the potential to be truly great, a defining vehicle for Jaguar that launches them into volume production like SUV's did for Porsche, but Jag need to up their game on quickly identifying and nailing down issues...

the big mechanical one seems to be suspension hopefully now sorted and all new cars have the fix

my oil/water leaks seem thankfully to be isolated to a very few cars and are manufacturing defects that are probably within tolerance against how many differentials seals they fit so not the end of the world

but the ITCP software is a mess.... one of the things my frrm does is provide oversight and governance of large scale IT development projects (as well as building s/w for our clients using agile dev methods)... this seems to be a classic case of not doing proper root cause analysis, if you fault fix without understanding RC you will break something else...needs to be stripped back to core, layer on options until it breaks strip one out to isolate which options clash etc... its not rocket science but feels like they lack numbers of developers or proper process or both....

Given this unit is going in New Disco 5 and revised RR & RRS & new RRS coupe you would think it should have maximum focus..... in the interim i object to being used as a test bed they should really have sorted the QA out if not before launch then very quickly after these issues started surfacing...

Fortunately because i get to drive on some brilliant driving roads near where i live the drive is keeping me sane.... just :oops:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The dealer hasn't overinflated the tyres? I read that somewhere in the settings you can choose the TMPS as to whether the car is fully loaded or only partially. That then adJusts the warning bands in the TMPS. Long shot but..... Perhaps the ICTP reset has moved the settings to default and the dealer adjusted the tyre pressures. An easy check on the pressure in the tyres as the F-Pace appears sensitive to the PSI and it could make a difference.

Arianne

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arianne said:
The dealer hasn't overinflated the tyres? I read that somewhere in the settings you can choose the TMPS as to whether the car is fully loaded or only partially. That then adJusts the warning bands in the TMPS. Long shot but..... Perhaps the ICTP reset has moved the settings to default and the dealer adjusted the tyre pressures. An easy check on the pressure in the tyres as the F-Pace appears sensitive to the PSI and it could make a difference.

Arianne
Thanks will check and let people know outcomes

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had the creak in my suspension fixed last week and the ICTP software was updated at the same time.
Other than needing to re-pair my iPhone everything is fine.
The suspension feels exactly as before around the bends in the Cotswolds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts