Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken delivery of a 2.0 d prestige and auto... And have found a problem with the drivers panel to control the drivers and other electric Windows. The problem occurs when you wind the front drivers window down fully (before any other Windows) the panel stops working - no control for any other Windows nor the elect mirror control works. It can be fixed by switching car off - getting the key away from the car - and getting back in and starting the car again.
It is obviously a software bug - but a pretty basic one. Just wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
this actually could be a dodgy connector in the switch itself, disturbed by putting window whole way down!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this happen twice on my car. After turning the engine off and realising the window was down, switching the car back on and the windows don't work and mirrors. I also had to switch the car off press lock and unlock on the fob. Switch the car on again and ha-presto all works again. Then on start up in the morning put the window down pulled off later tried to put the window up, and nothing worked again. Had to pull over and go through the same procedure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took delivery of my 2.0d r sport manual yesterday. I need to wind my window down to get into my work car park... and the panel failed exactly as described above. Switching on/off didn't fix it but thank god I found your post... wandered away from the car, came back, switched back on and panel was active. So it does seem like a software issue... is it worth flagging to the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Have you tried to close or open the windows with the remote control, I had a sticky switch on mine that seems to have cleared.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
ardbac said:
It's a lease car so I'm not able to use the InControl Connected features unfortunately : (
With the car locked press and hold the unlock button and the windows will lower.

With the windows all the way down press and hold the lock button and the windows should close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too; just got on to the motorway late at night 8 degrees and could not put the 2 front windows up or use any functions on the drivers panel. I noticed the LED illuminated atop the passenger door so was able to (just) reach over and put that one up. Stopped at the services and pushed down on all the relays and fuses under the bonnet - hey presto! Though after reading this I now realise it was because the key in my pocket had left the car.

Has anyone been back to the dealer with this? I understand they are not always able to replicate an intermittent fault so keen to see if anyone is able to get to the cause.

Still love it though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
F-Pace was in dealership today (stratstone Cardiff) for investigation of the electric window issue. They stated it was a known issue in some cars and they applied a software update to resolve. They stated that so far, with update applied, none have returned due to continued failure.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
DB75 said:
F-Pace was in dealership today (stratstone Cardiff) for investigation of the electric window issue. They stated it was a known issue in some cars and they applied a software update to resolve. They stated that so far, with update applied, none have returned due to continued failure.
Can you please ask them what update they did so I can enquire with my dealer as not heard this before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi can you up date on this I've had the drivers window in these position about 6-8time now and the dealer can't replicate the isssuse
Stopping after the toll booth on the m6 is not acceptable safe or convenient
Anybody had the boot refusing to fully open in the cold ?

G

·
I had the boot one, but I thought it was just me in gloves this morning over clicking the remote possibly.

Opened on second time of asking.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ Yup .... tailgate steadfastedly refused to open this morning despite any attempts internally or externally ... Rocco was quite happy not to travel in the boot as normal.

I should point out before anyone calls child services, Rocco is a Jack Russell.

G

·
JLRnumber5 said:
^ Yup .... tailgate steadfastedly refused to open this morning despite any attempts internally or externally ... Rocco was quite happy not to travel in the boot as normal.

I should point out before anyone calls child services, Rocco is a Jack Russell.
:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.