Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My on off, volume knob for the radio is not illiminated when in fact all other switches are. Is your FP the same or do I have a fault ?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
iloveabersoch said:
My on off, volume knob for the radio is not illiminated when in fact all other switches are. Is your FP the same or do I have a fault ?
No it's not .. a couple of threads on this on the US forum .. for some people it seems to be a huge problem!

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Personally i do not see it as an issue as i turn the volume up and down off the steering wheel controls anyway. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
It's not a fault. It is just how they all are, who knows why? . . same in all JLR models I think, my old Evoque was certainly the same.

I agree that it perhaps ought to illuminate, ideally, but luckily it's actually very easy to find the radio on/off knob in the F-Pace in the dark because of the way the console around the knob is illuminated anyway.

·
Registered
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
No it's not .. a couple of threads on this on the US forum .. for some people it seems to be a huge problem!
Would expect anything different from Americans, bet they will be using this as a reason to reject their cars and probably win.lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.........99.9% of the time I use the steering wheel switches but when you look at the dash, it looks strange that just one button is dark. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would've been nice to have this. My issue is that the remote boot button has no light and in dark is completely impossible to find except by guess !

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Nick001 said:
Would've been nice to have this. My issue is that the remote boot button has no light and in dark is completely impossible to find except by guess !
You can still use the key if its too hand.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nick001 said:
Intrigued to know when you find the need to press the remote boot release from inside the car. I don't think I've ever pressed it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just kick :mrgreen:

·
Registered
688 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Nick001 said:
Intrigued to know when you find the need to press the remote boot release from inside the car. I don't think I've ever pressed it.
Usually when the wife is coming back to the car with bags of shopping. Being the gentleman I am, I stay in the car and open the boot for her :p

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Gdank said:
I just kick :mrgreen:
Oh you do the Jaguar dance, i have seen many over various different models do what we call the Jaguar dance trying to get the boot to open, at times its very funny watching people. :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nick001 said:
I Looked at mine when i was out last night and my Boot release and the other lower dash buttons are all iluminated, you might want to check with your dealer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Or check if you have dimmed your lighting too low ... and/or have stealth mode active.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Also a small point ... while the radio on/off isn't itself illuminated... the dash board does curve around the knob ... so you can easily find it in the dark.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got my f pace love it but can't believe the volume button isn't supposed to be illuminated! Also struggled to find boot release button for kids to get their bags out after engine turned off.

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Milesg said:
Just got my f pace love it but can't believe the volume button isn't supposed to be illuminated! Also struggled to find boot release button for kids to get their bags out after engine turned off.
Yes I think they may feel at night you can use the steering wheel buttons which would be a safer way to adjust the sound, does not get over the fact the passenger may want to adjust the sound.

Strange but been like this from day one, maybe in later revisions the bean counters will let the designers add this on the car.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Milesg said:
No JLR car I have owned over the last 15 years ( 9 inc F Pace) has had an illuminated radio/media button. It clearly isn't a cost saving measure, but a deliberate decision, whatever the reason. Never had a problem with this once - sadly neither has the passenger, but at least we can keep playing turn down/turn up volume games until they relent and just accept somethings need to be played loud.

I agree the tailgate release switch is difficult to find when sitting in it with the door closed - one for the mid-life crisis/facelift hopefully....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Pretty sure it's not illuminated in the XK either??

Also, my knee had no issue finding the boot release :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts