Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just got my car and apart from two slight problems (they have forgotten to fit the metal scuff plates and the cooled glove box!!!) everything is good, panels are good, ICTP working like a dream as are all my cameras and so on.

But... after connecting my iPod via cable (6th gen classic 160gb) I can see all my music but can't use voice search to search anything... surely that can't be right - on the normal in control you can search any media by voice?

In addition to that when you search music (I have 8000+ tracks) you can't search by first letter of title / artist etc and have to scroll through the whole lot or "guess" where on the list you need to scroll to???

That can't be right can it?

How does it work with other iOS devices and USB etc?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Ironically tried my iphone for music today....initially it was "dit dit dit ditting" like the suppression had failed, that was accessing via apps. Accessed music via actual I phone option and the ditting stopped and I got the album covers came up on screen!!! Woohoo!!! Some of us are easy pleased. You can then search your 8000 tracks via "Find" button and it's artist or album, genre....a whole host of optionsthen either use the up down arrow key, or swipe down the list and it scrolls through at speed. Didn't try voice recognition though. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But you are still having to search 8000 items to potentially find one song? That's backwards from the ICT functionality, at least there you could jump to A's, B's etc... or voice search on any medium...

Might try my iPod touch and see if that is better than the classic..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm I can't get cover flow up at all with iPod touch or classic, not tried phone, amended the list option to covers or grid and no change

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Must admit not tried the voice search yet. The pro app I've been using but I've created some playlists recently so can just select one of those as your right other wise you have to scroll through and it's a bit long winded.

The other way if your parked is pick the phone up select whatever you want and it plays. Just press home button to get rid of the jag app and go to music.

Haven't played with it more than that yet and did ask how others were using a week ago as it doesn't seem the most efficient way or easy way at times.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - at least it seems I am not missing anything! Am actually loving the ICTP after using the normal ICT which was about 20 times less responsive. Need to get my head around the camera options and defaults etc but all good so far (albeit only 9 hours and 100 miles!).

Can't believe there wouldn't be a search function though, either text or voice.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Search by album or artist is much better than all tracks. Or set up playlists. To jump part way down a long alphabetical list you can have a guess at where to press on the scroll bar!

Also worth trying the ICTP app. The music interface is quite good.

Alternatively rip everything to the media centre then you have voice search. It works really well. The USB interfaces are high speed 3.0 so ripping is extremely fast.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't mind putting everything on the media centre if it was a decent size or upgradeable! 10gb is nothing.... even if you could use a SD card in the slot as virtual expansion that would work...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Sigh. I thought it was 60Gb. Which would be small but acceptable by today's standards. So I just looked again and you are right. The HDD is 60gb but the storage available for media is a tiny 10Gb. Doh!

Also not upgradable. How's that future proof? Come on Jag!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just downloaded the map update and it's 17gb. Think the SSD is 30gb which means the OS, maps etc is 20gb which is insane!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Ironically tried my iphone for music today....initially it was "dit dit dit ditting" like the suppression had failed, that was accessing via apps. Accessed music via actual I phone option and the ditting stopped and I got the album covers came up on screen!!! Woohoo!!! Some of us are easy pleased. You can then search your 8000 tracks via "Find" button and it's artist or album, genre....a whole host of optionsthen either use the up down arrow key, or swipe down the list and it scrolls through at speed. Didn't try voice recognition though. :D
Carl,

I have tried 3x iPods, 2x iPhones and a USB stick and can't get cover flow or grid flow up. The menu that suggests it seems to say media player option as opposed to external device, same for the voice commands as far as I can see.... have you ticked some magic box I can't find?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Somewhere on here is a thread about no voice control for sat nav in ICTPro compared to base system.i wouldn't mind betting this is another lost voice control feature.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After trying numerous leads and iOS devices I actually got voice search to work on my iPod touch today - play by track, artist or album worked.... until I turned the ignition off!

Next time in the car - just got the voice dial bitch ignoring me again.

Sigh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts