Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i use my iPhone as music source connected with Bluetooth everthing works ok. But as soon as i plug in the USB lightning cable the iPhone continues to play the music but through it's own speaker and no longer through the cars sound system.

I have the ICTP but not the inline apps. Is it possible i can not listen to the iPhone while charging :?

What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Check in the audio source options - at one point I managed to get two iPhone sources (one Bluetooth and one USB) ... Just to check everything is working - turn Bluetooth off first on your phone. As soon as I did this I was able to select the iPhone source, and since then everything has worked fine (even with Bluetooth re-enabled on the phone)

PS any reason why you haven't downloaded the apps? Jaguar Route App is good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
PS any reason why you haven't downloaded the apps? Jaguar Route App is good.
In Belgium this is not included in the Prestige. I think Incontrol Apps are +/- 500€ and the Connect Pro pack +/- 1.100€.

Budget was gone after ICTP :cry:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have my phone connected my Bluetooth and my sons by cable - both play music, depending on which source is selected.

The cable connected iphone is not always recognised (an ICTP fault I think), but it works

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crawfc said:
I have my phone connected my Bluetooth and my sons by cable - both play music, depending on which source is selected.

The cable connected iphone is not always recognised (an ICTP fault I think), but it works
It is recognised. Bluetooth is working. It is listed in the music sources also. But as soon as i connect the cable for charging it starts playing from the internal speaker and when i pull out the cable again it is not switching back to the car.

This evening i am going to try: A) JLRnumber5's suggestion, B) Another cable, and C) my wife's iPhone.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried everything. A) Made no difference. The phone keeps playing on the internal speaker even with Bluetooth off. I disabled the Audio in the Bluetooth settings for my iPhone but no success either. B) Not working either. C) Works perfect. Don't know why this is working. Not a clue this also is listed twice in the audio source but works.

:!: :?: :roll:

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
redonebe said:
Tried everything. A) Made no difference. The phone keeps playing on the internal speaker even with Bluetooth off. I disabled the Audio in the Bluetooth settings for my iPhone but no success either. B) Not working either. C) Works perfect. Don't know why this is working. Not a clue this also is listed twice in the audio source but works.

:!: :?: :roll:
Does your wife have the model iPhone.?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing particular on the iPhone screen. No questions at all. On the 6s the sound is redirected to the car even if a play a youtube movie. On my 6 everything comes from the internal speaker while telephone and Facetime works with the sound system of the car. Probably this is using Bluetooth. Don't think this is een ICTP problem because it works with the 6s :cry: :roll: :cry:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hmmm strange. I've tried 2x 5S and a 7. All fine. Do you have any other USB connected at same time?

Also when you plug in whilst looking at audio source screen on ICTP does your phone appear?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hmmm strange. I've tried 2x 5S and a 7. All fine. Do you have any other USB connected at same time?
No, nothing at all.

JLRnumber5 said:
Also when you plug in whilst looking at audio source screen on ICTP does your phone appear?
Yes, it appears and disappears when disconnected. Before i switched off the Bluetooth audio there were two. 1 USB and 1 Bluetooth.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When i returned home this evening i plugged the cable in, the player appeared in the source list and when i started playing everything worked fine. :?: :?: :?:

On the phone the message "connected to dock" or something similar was displayed.

I did not change anything. I wonder if it is going to work tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts