Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i am waiting on my car (ordered on 12th of may) and i want to ask if anyone tried to mirror the screen on the 10.2" screen by either the hdmi mhl port or (what i will try), installing a full apple tv on the same hdmi port. I am curious to how it will look onto the screen. Also, if anyone can read on the manual if its written, what is the resolution of the 10.2" screen. Anyone who mirrors it, please post some pictures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi sedde,

so I connected my macbook via hdmi to the jag.
In motion the screen turns to black, so no video in motion.
IMO no difference between a Macbook or phone, the screen will be black during the ride...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
locobmw said:
hi sedde,

so I connected my macbook via hdmi to the jag.
In motion the screen turns to black, so no video in motion.
IMO no difference between a Macbook or phone, the screen will be black during the ride...
That doesnt sound good, so no way to mirror your gps apps or playing music lets say via napster?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not at the moment, may be there is a hack that enables video in motion.
There is a navi app, but it costs about 79€?! which can be used with the incontrol apps.
Napster has no app for the jag i guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
locobmw said:
Not at the moment, may be there is a hack that enables video in motion.
There is a navi app, but it costs about 79€?! which can be used with the incontrol apps.
Napster has no app for the jag i guess.
Well when i was looking for a car, the evoque i drove, the dealer told me i could use the sygic i had on my iphone. Since i bought mine from a bulgarian dealership, they told me that the bulgarian cars dont get the incontrol apps, so i am going to be stuck with the built it navi?

My mini countryman, has mini certified apps, that when you plug in your phone, you can use them and control them from the idrive and the steering wheel, this is so frustrating.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
locobmw said:
I think you have to stuck on your standard navi, but this is awesome! Live traffic

So u do not have the incontrol apps option?
Well i ordered it, but i dont know if i am getting it. Its a 3.0dS diesel really loaded up. I hope i am getting them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
sedde said:
Hello guys, i am waiting on my car (ordered on 12th of may) and i want to ask if anyone tried to mirror the screen on the 10.2" screen by either the hdmi mhl port or (what i will try), installing a full apple tv on the same hdmi port. I am curious to how it will look onto the screen. Also, if anyone can read on the manual if its written, what is the resolution of the 10.2" screen. Anyone who mirrors it, please post some pictures.
I'm curious to know how you plan to "install a full Apple TV" in your F-Pace. Do you intend to watch it in your garage with an extension lead powering it up? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AshleyR said:
sedde said:
I'm curious to know how you plan to "install a full Apple TV" in your F-Pace. Do you intend to watch it in your garage with an extension lead powering it up? :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are power transformers that transform 12v to 220v so power shouldnt be a problem, a wifi hotspot is present, hdmi is present, so i dont see a problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AshleyR said:
OK, so when driving along do you really think you'll have a continuous wifi signal fast enough to stream content from your Apple TV? Obviously not in the UK!
The car itself doesnt have a wifi hotspot? That should handle the traffic from the iphone to the appletv. Correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
245 Posts
sedde said:
AshleyR said:
OK, so when driving along do you really think you'll have a continuous wifi signal fast enough to stream content from your Apple TV? Obviously not in the UK!
The car itself doesnt have a wifi hotspot? That should handle the traffic from the iphone to the appletv. Correct me if i am wrong.
With all due respect, I don't think that a largely 3G fuelled wifi hotspot will maintain the speed required for Apple TV. I can't even stream video from YouTube through the InControl Pro browser on my FE!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AshleyR said:
sedde said:
AshleyR said:
With all due respect, I don't think that a largely 3G fuelled wifi hotspot will maintain the speed required for Apple TV. I can't even stream video from YouTube through the InControl Pro browser on my FE!
I never said anything about fuelling from a 3g network. I only said i would mirror my screen from my iphone to the appletv. No youtube or 3g streaming content. Just screen mirroring. You got yours? Can you show me a photo of your mirroring through the hdmi port to see how it looks? I am a little worried about the ratios as the screen looks ultra wide. I would like to know if i can make what i want to.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I never said anything about fuelling from a 3g network. I only said i would mirror my screen from my iphone to the appletv. No youtube or 3g streaming content. Just screen mirroring. You got yours? Can you show me a photo of your mirroring through the hdmi port to see how it looks? I am a little worried about the ratios as the screen looks ultra wide. I would like to know if i can make what i want to.
Not absolutely sure what you are trying to achieve but why not use something like this .....

Pretty sure it's still going to blank during driving tho ...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I never said anything about fuelling from a 3g network. I only said i would mirror my screen from my iphone to the appletv. No youtube or 3g streaming content. Just screen mirroring. You got yours? Can you show me a photo of your mirroring through the hdmi port to see how it looks? I am a little worried about the ratios as the screen looks ultra wide. I would like to know if i can make what i want to.[/quote]

I would be very happy to take photos of the mirroring capabilities for you. Unfortunately my FE has been off the road for several days awaiting modifications to fix the creaking suspension and a software update to the InControl Pro system. Hope to get it back tomorrow or Tuesday!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Not absolutely sure what you are trying to achieve but why not use something like this .....

Pretty sure it's still going to blank during driving tho ...

Hey man thanks for your comment, i wanted a more permanent solution than plugging my phone each and everytime. I had that problem on my mini countryman, so i ended up buying another iphone that i had it permanently inside the car where i used to load my music and everything. Yeah you are right that it will be blank all the time, but maybe there will be a workaround that.

I feel like in the end of the day i will have to rely on bluetooth music from my iphone to my car via napster where i can easily do playlists and everything. But i wanted to be able to use sygic or google maps at least on the screen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AshleyR said:
I would be very happy to take photos of the mirroring capabilities for you. Unfortunately my FE has been off the road for several days awaiting modifications to fix the creaking suspension and a software update to the InControl Pro system. Hope to get it back tomorrow or Tuesday![/quote]

I will be waiting, good luck on getting everything fixed, and i hope the solutions are permanent so you can enjoy your car. Me, i dont even have a build date nor good communication with my dealership...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
sedde said:
I feel like in the end of the day i will have to rely on bluetooth music from my iphone to my car via napster where i can easily do playlists and everything. But i wanted to be able to use sygic or google maps at least on the screen.
Yikes! I hope you didn't invest the audio upgrade then. Bluetooth from an iPhone is pretty rubbish for audio quality. Would really invest in a cable unless you are listening to really low bitrates. It's no effort to plug it in. Quicker than putting on a seatbelt!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
sedde said:
Yikes! I hope you didn't invest the audio upgrade then. Bluetooth from an iPhone is pretty rubbish for audio quality. Would really invest in a cable unless you are listening to really low bitrates. It's no effort to plug it in. Quicker than putting on a seatbelt!
I got the 380w meridian pack, but i dont listen to the music loudly ever, i will surely invest in a cable, i mean i payed 90Euro for a Y cable for my Mini countryman, but if you have to get in and out of the Car 20 times a day, it gets a little tiring to do that all the time. I might as well buy a NEW iPod, since the Car has wifi and stream music via there, and as far as the bitrate goes, napster has 192k as normal, and 320k as High so bitrate wont be a problem. I guess i have to wait on the Car to see what suits me better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.