Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have been reading the forum for a while and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I have ordered from Grange Jaguar in Brentwood Essex a Rhodium silver 2.0D AWD R-Sport, Jet interior, 22 inch wheels, Black Pack, in control pro, fixed pano roof, LED headlamps and way to many more extras than I shouldn't have!

Initial £500 deposit was paid in September last year and went along to the dealer on 26 April to lock in spec and pay a further £2000 deposit. Current feedback from the dealer is my car should be here the 1st week of July.

For some reason this month seems to be going SO slowly! :cry:

Any one else on here used Grange and had their car already?

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hi and welcome to the madhouse. ;)

I haven't ordered through your Dealer, but my only comment would be the amount of deposit you've been asked to pay; £2,500 seems an excessive amount compared to what other Dealers generally seem to be asking for. But it does appear the amounts Dealers charge for deposits are fairly discretionary. Can't say I'm all that surprised really, the whole ordering/buying process from Jaguar and their Dealers seems fairly 'random' to say the least!

Anyway, you've got a nice spec and July isn't too far away now, just keep holding on, sure it'll be worth it in the end!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

My dad has used the dealer for many years, and to be fair to them I think it was more me saying id pay a large deposit in the excitement of the test drive and locking in my spec!

I got a call yesterday to be told my car is being built next week so it should be around 4 weeks but might be quicker IF everything goes smoothly. Im not sure how i feel about that as its a big if and knowing my luck somethings bound to hold it up!

For the guys who have their cars, how long did it take from it being built to the time you take delivery?

·
Administrator
199 Posts
Stevowils said:
Thank you!

My dad has used the dealer for many years, and to be fair to them I think it was more me saying id pay a large deposit in the excitement of the test drive and locking in my spec!
Take my money now!! ha

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Stevowils and welcome aboard! Glad to see and hear there is someone as stupid as me to excessively spec your R-Sport. I got a bit of a grilling on here for daring to spec more than three options, so hope you enjoy each of yours!! :cool:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Hi Stevowils and welcome aboard! Glad to see and hear there is someone as stupid as me to excessively spec your R-Sport. I got a bit of a grilling on here for daring to spec more than three options, so hope you enjoy each of yours!! :cool:
You threw the first stone! ;-)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. My car was shipped to dealer four days after build And I had handover the following weekend. So it can happen in less than 2 weeks, again as you will hear regularly on the forum it all depends on how on the ball your dealer is!
Helpful hint ... Arm yourself with the knowledge of the current build issues ie alignment of bonnet, boot and current updates for software glitches when you go to collect and if possible view or ask them to take some photos of car before you take official delivery so your not dissapointed on the day! My dealer went one even better and sent me a video of the car mid PDI to assure me that it would be perfect! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just asked for an update. This is what i got...

Not yet anytime now!

I will let you know as soon as it's here we are waiting for other cars too so I would imagine we will get a complete transporter with all our cars!

Surly the dealers must know when the transporters are due?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered through Grange at Brentwood. We'll sort of? They forgot to ask what spec I wanted, ordered the wrong car and then I chased to confirm my spec and was told my car was going to be delivered next week? Confused....yeah me too. They then proceeded to advise me they had ordered me a car without me even giving them
A spec and I would have to take it as there was nothing they could do?? Lol. After debate with the sales exec, I "discussed" with the sales manager with no flexibility and advised how this situation really is going to be resolved, period!? they have now ordered the correct car. I will have to wait longer and compensation will be a discussion for another day........Overall rating of the dealership? Poor..........so far?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blimey! Sorry you have had such a bad experience. Who was your sales executive?

My experience with Paul Wickers has all in all been very good, he has chased the car for me and provided pics of it on delivery so I could check for bonnet/ boot alignment etc.

They can't force you take take a car you didn't order :( hope you don't have to wait too long to get your correctly spec'd car

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes Looking very nice, that was going to be my colour but Mrs cat said go for grey... just like the one parked behind yours lol. Still enjoying driving this car very much and only seen one other in the past month!!!
700 miles on the clock and approx 48-50 mpg.
Get ready to have to explain to people what it is, I have had it asked every time I go into the local towns!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well collected the car today and I am over the moon with it. 6 miles on the clock and 17 by the time i got back to the office! I know not driven it properly yet so not a real test but blows my old 2014 BMW 330 out of the water for comfort. Off on holiday next week so will get to have a proper drive :D

Now just trying to work out all the bells and whistles but one thing i have noticed is that you cant over ride the Jag voice control to use siri on an iPhone via the steering wheel. On my old 330 if you held the voice button it activated siri but no such luck on the fpace.

That said I'm yet to play and see how good the jag voice system is :p

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Stevowils said:
CarlFRZ434 anything in particular you want detailed pics of?
I've ordered the black Helix so not seen silver in detail?? They would be good to see. Any other options, what veneer have you got inside or is piano black gloss, anything different to std you may have or just some general nice proud owner shots! :geek: I put green eyes up as jealous, since my build date is 8th July and the wait is painfull!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts