Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum and new to Jag!uar!!

So, I have ordered an F-Pace S in black with black pack, black wheels and privacy glass mainly on the looks and trust in the brand (although I have never had a Jag). However, I went into the showroom to see an XE and XF and was disappointed with the quality of the interior compared to the (out going) BMW X3 35d (which is also drives extremely well) and the (out going) Audi Q5. Both these cars with the 3.0d engine retail at less than the Jag even with similar options.

My question is, do you think the F-Pace interior will be an upgrade /high quality or do you think it will reflect the lowish quality of the XE (the XF was a bit better but still some cheap materials and not great leather)? Given the price (over £50k) it should be good quality don't you think? I hope so, I cancelled an order for an X3 35d (estimated delivery of 2nd week in March) to buy the F-Pace - really hoping I am not disappointed....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi,

I have had several Jaguars over the last few years and I have seen (First Edition) F-Pace at the Solihull plant on one of the event days in November.

The indicators, buttons and leather (the S only gets taurus leather for some unknown reason) will be the same as the ones in the XF. Switch gear is common over the model range and portfolio/first edition are the only models to get the softer/smooth leather which in the First Edition felt very nice indeed.

I have always been a little disappointed at the quality of the plastics on the controls but in other areas the Jaguar is better as they tend to cover the dashboard in leather or fake leather which does give a quality look.

I often wonder why manufactures don't spend a little more on the plastics and buttons, higher quality plastics or a few metal switches/buttons would go a long way to raise perceived quality without costing the earth to produce.

What I will say from recent experience in Jaguar's/BMW you should hopefully find driver experience and comfort to your liking and design wise it makes BMW look dull to say the least and I don't think taurus leather is any worse than dakota leather that is the normal on most BMW models.

And on the money side you will see a higher return when selling than a BMW X3 so it will probably work out better value in the end. They are already talking of 9 month waiting lists and that should increase when the adverts start and people start seeing them on the road. My local BMW dealer have several X3 pre-registered on the forecourt with big discounts .

Paul.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, thanks for the information. I agree a very small amount spent on interior quality goes a long way, perhaps they are trying to keep clear blue water between Jaguar and Range Rover brands. Same with the leather - why jaguar have not put the best quality leather (which is about the same as the X3) in the S version I will never know.

I also agree about the styling of the X3 although there is a new one around the corner and the new Q5 looks pretty good. Indeed, it was the look of the F-Pace that has swung it for me.

I think I am struggling with purchase anxiety having ordered and cancelled a Hybrid XC90 and X3 in the last couple of weeks/months I just hope the F-Pace can live up to expectations...

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is my biggest worry - the interior looks awful to me; having sat in the XE and Evoque I was horrified by the design, fit and finish - it's uncouth for a £65k car. Materials quality is way too low and the design is too simplistic and not sophisticated. Am I asking too much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts