Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else worried about interior quality? see the detailed video below of the new XF that will share many components with the F Pace. It gives it a right panning. I will have to wait to see the production car I think...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I saw the XE when visited and thought the interior and particularly the seat leather was awful and really cheap feeling / looking.
I currently have a portfolio S and the leather finish is pretty good even though a few other areas are a touch cheap but would like to see the f pace,
Bottom line is can't really cancel the order now and don't want to :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
One thing worth mentioning - All the F-Paces making the rounds right now (car shows, promo events, etc.) are manually built "pre-production" models and are acknowledge that the build quality won't match the final production models, specifically in relation to fitment and leather. This was absolutely the case seen in the recent XF release - so I am going to hold off judgement until I see the actual production models (and keep my fingers crossed).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I shall start saying I'm talking out of disappointment here and looking forward to hear other comments who may help me change my mind...

I've been long awaiting to see this car live and I had a chance to see an F-pace 2.0D AWD Portfolio glacier white with espresso interiors. It was a 88K€ list price car with 22" rims, pan roof and several other amenities, not just the base 42K€ version.
I must admit I was totally let down with some quality details and especially interior feeling wasn't at expected level. Seats aren't so appealing, leather is nice in portfolio, but look and feel a little hmmm... Several cheap plastics around, small storage spaces, and the UGLY black plastic in the rear door side (as shown here at min 19:20
).
Guys, we are talking of an 88K€ 2.0D! At that price you can easily spec a Cayenne, RRS, X5, X6, XC90 Inscription, Macan and so on... All of them far superior on engine and interiors.
These guys have experience with RR interior quality! I can't believe they spoil such a great and innovative project with an interior that feels cheap and looks old style already before its launch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree... seems the build quality is ok but obviously the materials quality is a step down from my actual XFS (MY12)...

Even in the Portfolio/S or FE you dont have leather on the top doors but only vinyl, you can only have leatherette on the dashnoard, the plastic at 'foot level' is hard/cheap plastic... not even foamed plastic...On the central console the gloss black trim look 'like glossy plastic' and not like 'piano black wood veneer'...
As far as I am concerned, I find the Windsor leather nice...

With a Portfolio/S/FE, regarding materials, I found the interior quality/feeling btn a BMW X3 an a BMW X5... it's not bad but you expect more than a 94K€ car (FE in my case)...

·
Registered
948 Posts
trev said:
I shall start saying I'm talking out of disappointment here and looking forward to hear other comments who may help me change my mind...

I've been long awaiting to see this car live and I had a chance to see an F-pace 2.0D AWD Portfolio glacier white with espresso interiors. It was a 88K€ list price car with 22" rims, pan roof and several other amenities, not just the base 42K€ version.
I must admit I was totally let down with some quality details and especially interior feeling wasn't at expected level. Seats aren't so appealing, leather is nice in portfolio, but look and feel a little hmmm... Several cheap plastics around, small storage spaces, and the UGLY black plastic in the rear door side (as shown here at min 19:20
).
Guys, we are talking of an 88K€ 2.0D! At that price you can easily spec a Cayenne, RRS, X5, X6, XC90 Inscription, Macan and so on... All of them far superior on engine and interiors.
These guys have experience with RR interior quality! I can't believe they spoil such a great and innovative project with an interior that feels cheap and looks old style already before its launch.
I own the RangeRover Sport and at no point did I get the impression that the interior was significantly inferior to that of my car. I can forgive a rougher finish on the leather because I've owned an X5/6 with similar and it stood up well to the day to day demands of a young family at that time as for cheap feel on some areas these were places you seldom touch and frankly I much prefer a dash top covered in leather look to a plastic one you get on the equivalent German brand.

Next lets address the elephant in the room, that of the 88K euro price tag, if you were to spec your RRS, X5, X6 Cayenne, Macan or XC90 to this level their price would far exceed that of the F-Pace, you really need to keep things in perspective. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Why, oh why, is there no "like" button?!

luminated said:
I own the RangeRover Sport and at no point did I get the impression that the interior was significantly inferior to that of my car. I can forgive a rougher finish on the leather because I've owned an X5/6 with similar and it stood up well to the day to day demands of a young family at that time as for cheap feel on some areas these were places you seldom touch and frankly I much prefer a dash top covered in leather look to a plastic one you get on the equivalent German brand.

Next lets address the elephant in the room, that of the 88K euro price tag, if you were to spec your RRS, X5, X6 Cayenne, Macan or XC90 to this level their price would far exceed that of the F-Pace, you really need to keep things in perspective. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're all going 'round in circles, it's all been discussed before. For heavens sake give them some credit, do you really think 'Jaguar' are going to disappoint? Just consider the overall package, it's brilliant!

·
Registered
247 Posts
We're all going 'round in circles, it's all been discussed before. For heavens sake give them some credit, do you really think 'Jaguar' are going to disappoint? Just consider the overall package, it's brilliant!

+1

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree having owned BMW's, Dodge, Jeep, Jaguar's and Land Rover Range Rovers as well as luxury Fords, the Jaguars always felt that much better the BMW felt just like the Americans all plastic and yes high quality leather with a hard cushion always gave me a backache. The only car who's seats came close was a Ford Scorpio Ultima. The Land Rovers are much the same as the Jags but then they use the same materials. Interiors are always subjective but generally the English have been better coach builders.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure the interior will last the test of time.

Was looking at chopping the f pace in for a RR Sport and dealer noticed wear on the drivers seat side bolster at kidney height. He felt it was a warranty job so i duly went to my Jag dealer who happens to be part of same group. Only done 12,000 miles and no clear rubbing by any of our clothing

No chance, dealer looked at it took pictures and allegedly sent to JLR who rejected it.

Bought a VW Amarok 2.5 years old with a compacted drivers seat bolster base . No problem Sir and all done with a smile. Wife loves the car but JLR aren't doing themselves any favours

·
Registered
38 Posts
By definition JLR are con artists.

Make sure you keep a record of everything!

(Back street tactics)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm disappointed by the PDI and clean mine got after production, I noticed while driving at night bearing in mind I have only done 1600 miles that the inside of the windscreen had a film of dirt like you get after a long period of use. I have been so busy I haven't had time to clean it now the weather has changed and the car gets misty I see all of the suction marks and remnants of labels that were stuck to the windscreen and rear screen clearly so it either didn't get a good clean at the factory, I know mine rolled of the line at about 11:30pm, and the dealer didn't do a proper clean bearing mind mine was left sitting in storage for over a month due to the WLTP fiasco earlier in the summer. When Jaguar asked me for feedback I mentioned this wonder if I will get a reply?.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reggraham said:
I'm disappointed by the PDI and clean mine got after production, I noticed while driving at night bearing in mind I have only done 1600 miles that the inside of the windscreen had a film of dirt like you get after a long period of use. I have been so busy I haven't had time to clean it now the weather has changed and the car gets misty I see all of the suction marks and remnants of labels that were stuck to the windscreen and rear screen clearly so it either didn't get a good clean at the factory, I know mine rolled of the line at about 11:30pm, and the dealer didn't do a proper clean bearing mind mine was left sitting in storage for over a month due to the WLTP fiasco earlier in the summer. When Jaguar asked me for feedback I mentioned this wonder if I will get a reply?.
It is totally the dealers job to fully valet the car prior to handover

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I seem to remember there was a discussion about sucker marks caused by the build robots and how to get rid of them:

https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3510&p=48829&hilit=%2Cmarks+made+by+robot#p48829

And my heated screen de-mists pretty much instantly. Top option for winter. I had one as standard on a VW Passat Estate 10 years ago and have always hankered after another!

Back to topic, I thought mine was prepared pretty well by the dealer but even so the windscreen had some marks on the inside and my exhaust tips were different lengths and needed adjustment when I went in for 3.5 software update. I think the quality of the prep varies enormously but I was very happy with mine :D

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts