Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Interior Mood Lighting.

32K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  JLRnumber5 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share some info on this option, courtesy of a man from Jag I met at Cheltenham dealer.

Without Mood: Door signature lines/ door bins/ interior door handles illuminated in phosphor blue.
Interior lights/ footwell lights/ glovebox light illuminated by 'filament' type bulbs (yellowy white). No dash signature line illumination (above the vents).

With Mood: Interior lights/ footwell lights illuminated by white LEDs. Glovebox illuminated by filament bulb. All other lights configurable (colour/ brightness), including dash signature line.

My point is: I HAVE to have all the interior lights matching thus I have opted for mood lighting (which will be set to white!) and I'll have to get a white LED from Halfords for the glovebox!

N.B. Interior lights/ footwell lights do not change colour with mood lighting- white only!

Please double check this info if it is important to you. The Man from Jag wasn't sure himself and had to check.
Don't know about boot area (will be matching LED for me, one way or another).
Yes, I am Autistic.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you for the additional information.i have opted for this option as I think it is one of the interiors best design features. Again only a personal opinion

#6 ·
Nishandf said:
Interior mood lighting is standard on Prestige and above. The configurable option is £200.
The standard option is fixed on those models and with limited colour, the £200 makes it configurable and adds more colours...

#7 ·
Yes, you are all correct.
I meant to distinguish between 'standard' and 'configurable'.
My initial thought/ hope was that when configurable was chosen, ALL interior lighting would be selectable and matching. Not the case.

#8 ·
Hi all,
I have calmed down a bit from my rant earlier, :evil: I haven't been an officer for a while now so I can't recite the exact word of the law however, it is illegal for a public / private vehicle to emit...... Visable to other road users anything other than white light from interior lighting...... (This is the discretionary bit... )Which could be dangerous or distracting to other road users. Your nicked sunshine.. Oops.sorry force of habit. No doubt someone will correct me again

#9 ·
mb8388 said:
Personally it's not for me as I don't tend to take much notice of the interior lighting whilst driving at night!
Surely it's off whilst driving, otherwise it would be a distraction.

#10 ·
Not a lot of good to me, colour blind, traffic lights are a real bummer

#12 ·
luminated said:
mb8388 said:
Personally it's not for me as I don't tend to take much notice of the interior lighting whilst driving at night!
Surely it's off whilst driving, otherwise it would be a distraction.
Some parts are off, the roof lighting but the footwell and the lighting around doors and trim remain on.

#13 ·
Boot lights are also LED.. My only annoyance is the reflection you get on the drivers side window at night from the mood light above the vent and the electric window switches. It's right in the field of view of the mirror. Eventually I guess I will see past it.

#14 ·
It really is utterly stupid positioning of the electric window switches.

In the Evoque I found the blind slot monitoring to be hugely effective. In the FP because your brain quickly learns to ignore the window switch reflection in the wing mirrors it also ignores the BSM logo!

Add to that in the rain water collects around the outside window seal so if you lower the window before its dry water runs into the switch mechanism.

Somewhere in JLR design team are a couple of ex British Leyland designers and I reckon they were given the task of designing the window switch position!!

#15 ·
JLRnumber5 said:

In the Evoque I found the blind slot monitoring to be hugely effective. In the FP because your brain quickly learns to ignore the window switch reflection in the wing mirrors it also ignores the BSM logo!

Add to that in the rain water collects around the outside window seal so if you lower the window before its dry water runs into the switch mechanism.

Somewhere in JLR design team are a couple of ex British Leyland designers and I reckon they were given the task of designing the window switch position!!
Agree the Evoque position was the best place, just spoils the lines of the top of the door in my eyes, its like where can we put this, oh that's just bung it there.

#17 ·
JLRnumber5 said:

I personally dont have a problem with the positioning of those switches, quite used to it as the freelander was in the same position, i also find it easier for mirror adjustment as its part of the same panel.... Also as you are about to squeeze through a gap its easier and quicker to hit the two buttons and fold the mirrors rather than hunt around lower down on the dash like some cars.

you will get used to it.

#20 ·
SO we had the mood lighting because the wife wanted it!

We get the car and messing around with it in the evening and she says, no i want it to be blue. I explain we have all the other colours. But no the blue is the best colour.

I tell her that was the standard colour, we didn't need to pay for the extra. and now its my fault for ordering it!!!!

#21 ·
bigfoot said:
SO we had the mood lighting because the wife wanted it!

We get the car and messing around with it in the evening and she says, no i want it to be blue. I explain we have all the other colours. But no the blue is the best colour.

I tell her that was the standard colour, we didn't need to pay for the extra. and now its my fault for ordering it!!!!
Put it in dynamic mode and you have to have red, so you won't be able to select blue. :D

#22 ·
So late this afternoon I popped down to my dealer for a cup of tea, chat and to take a peek at their new demonstrator - a dark grey S without black pack, silver double helix 22" wheels, ICTP and configurable mood lighting. It was the mood lighting that I really wanted to experience.

And wow! Loved it. We sat in the car and we toggled through all ten colours, played with the light intensity settings, switched it off completely etc etc. Fabulous. This was on an overcast October late afternoon. So that tells me it will be great in all but the sunniest and brightest of days.

We have spoken before on this forum about the cabin and whether it feels special enough. I am of the opinion that at a £45k price point it is special. As the magazines say "a £45k car that looks and feels like a £55k model". But when you choose the S trim you are paying £58k and I am unsure whether the cabin pulls it off. At this price point it sits just below RRS territory.

The good news is that by spending £200 the configurable mood lighting makes the cabin look very, very special alongside all that faux leather and stitching. The extra lighting in the door bins, vents and central tunnel really lift the cabin.

At £200 why wouldn't you? I didn't get any pics so sorry people. If demand is there then I can go back and take some photos - add you post to this thread if you really want me to and I will oblige as the other folk on this forum have been very helpful to me and I can reciprocate if it is helpful.

The new demonstrator has ICTP. Brave! The dealer said very few cars have yet been sold by them with ICTP. They have had a few problems but said nothing more on the matter. Take what you will from that. But they must have faith otherwise they wouldn't have specified it in their new car.

The fit and finish on their new demonstrator, with just ten miles on the clock, was perfect. Shut lines, interior build etc. All first class and I loved the colour. It would be my next choice after IRR. it's very classy, timeless, understated but makes an impression especially with privacy glass. Unsure whether it was storm grey or ammonite but it was nice.

Finished by chatting with my sales exec fellow over a cuppa about cars ranging from Volvo to Alfa to Jaguar to Audi through to the new Porsche 718 which my son is considering alongside the F-type next year. We had a few laughs and I had a super 45mins. He is a dream-maker and I appreciate that very much - it makes going to work worth it, even though I am one of those very fortunate people who actually love their job and the firm I work for.

Anyway, there you go.

Arianne

PS. If you check the latest video in the review thread then at 2:20 there is a toggle of the mood lighting on an FE in Australia and that looks good. Here's the link

PPS. Off to Jaguar's Art of Performance event on Friday so should be fun, outside Edinburgh.

#24 ·
Not sure where I mentioned it before but another FPacer has mood lighting with red n black interior and they felt picking other colours except the red does 'clash' with the red leather. They felt Jet leather being a single colourless platform reflected nicely any colour shone across it.

#25 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Not sure where I mentioned it before but another FPacer has mood lighting with red n black interior and they felt picking other colours except the red does 'clash' with the red leather. They felt Jet leather being a single colourless platform reflected nicely any colour shone across it.
I'll tell you at the weekend as I will have both :lol:

#26 ·
F-Pace S said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I'll tell you at the weekend as I will have both :lol:
Take some pics as it might not be that bad.... :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.