1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My car was in with the dealer for the last two days to fix a few issues:

One touch blind open and closing not working - fixed - new motor fitted

Passenger door speaker distorting - fixed - not sure exactly how, will check paper work tomorrow when sent through

Sticky buttons on steering wheel - fixed - new buttons fitted

ICT - updates fixed couple of random issues hopefully time will tell

Couple of problems -

After the update on the ICT I went to connect my phone again and pair with system and it said on the screen the car is a Jaguar XF, so I showed it to the engineer and they will get back to me

I then went out tonight and the lights which come on when you open the door didn't come on, so no courtesy lights so you can see when getting into the car or see what in the boot! Any ideas how you turn this on? Couldn't find anything looking through the settings?

The clock hadn't been set and neither had the date, very basic things but I think they should be done before you leave.

Any help and advice appreciated?

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect! Will do that in the morning.

I also had an update on my suspension and can honestly say it's made a difference. The car was in anything a little too firm before, now it feels perfect.

I was in a disco sport for two days and you can't compare the two cars. The driving position, cabin feel and layout and overall drive it's not got a patch on the f pace. Didn't realise how good the fpace is until I got back into it and drove. Oh my I love his car!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
The XF part makes me think they may have selected the wrong software as what you might have was for the XF and not the Fpace with the ICT update, the interesting part is if that's the case and you say the suspension is now a lot better, would putting in the Fpace software change this?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
The XF part makes me think they may have selected the wrong software as what you might have was for the XF and not the Fpace with the ICT update, the interesting part is if that's the case and you say the suspension is now a lot better, would putting in the Fpace software change this?
I sort of said this to the engineer, he said he was not sure as when they plug the car in the computer knows exactly what car it is etc. Who knows what the error is but hopefully just a simple one.

Also previously when pulling away in either dynamic or normal it was never smooth however I tried to adjust how much gas I gave it but now it seems smoother as well.

Glad to be rid of the disco and in my opinion very much over priced for what it is.

So much fun to drive, any excuse to drive it at the moment!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
This is all sounding positive

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Jagfpacejk said:
I sort of said this to the engineer, he said he was not sure as when they plug the car in the computer knows exactly what car it is etc. Who knows what the error is but hopefully just a simple one.

Also previously when pulling away in either dynamic or normal it was never smooth however I tried to adjust how much gas I gave it but now it seems smoother as well.

Glad to be rid of the disco and in my opinion very much over priced for what it is.

So much fun to drive, any excuse to drive it at the moment!
Just hope the engineer can change just the text as it sounds like you have the car you wanted and brought.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I'm thinking!

Hope you get sorted soon

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What if the XF variety disables the adaptive dynamics... might improve ride but disabling an expensive option (on 2.0) seems a poor option if indeed it were to be the case! Do you have dynamic option and does it still work? Can you enable it and feel the heavier steering (which is something my car does which is a little reassuring if nothing else!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts