Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
A similar problem has happened to my less than 6 month old 2021 model with the central light of the three in the overhead console. Works fine when entering or leaving the car, but if touched to turn it on it will not turn off by touching again. Only way to get it to switch off is to get out and lock the car. It is with the dealers who thought it would need the whole console replaced. They had originally booked it in for two days to also check n/s wing mirror not returning to normal position sometimes after having been put into reverse. It is now going to be at least four days as it is proving more problematic than originally thought. Fingers crossed it will be available tomorrow and will try and get a full explanation of what was found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Collected car today after 4 days and they seem to have resolved the problem of not being able to turn off the central console light after turning it on. I asked them to let me know in writing what they had done due to the time taken and received the following:
“Investigated interior lights inop, found faults stored in system for BCM (body control module) - carried out wiring checks to BCM and wiring all ok
Found internal failure of BCM - tried to programme BCM but failed - found BCM wouldn’t programme - had to replace KVM (keyless vehicle module) required 2nd key. Programmed new BCM and KVM once 2 keys supplied - tested interior lights all ok”. Had extra trip to dealer to provide second key. Bit of a nuisance but at least it seems to have been resolved.
Hope this is useful to others experiencing this problem.
One of the other issues it was in for was occasional failure of dipped n/s door mirror to return to normal position. They were unable to replicate it but carried out update to door modules that were shown to be available.
Despite these minor glitches I have been very happy with the F-Pace which is really comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi malcolmstrang555, sorry to hear that you have been having this problem, which sounds like the same that I was experiencing.
As mentioned in my earlier posts it seems that the Body Control Module was at fault and needed to be replaced and programmed by the dealer so hope yours is still under warranty. What they did to mine managed to correct the issue so hope you can get yours sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts