Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Jaguarian's!

I've got an fpace hse my21, is it possible for anyone else that has one with the latest software update 2.0.8a to start their car then to switch on the main interior light and then try to switch it off again. Mine switches on perfectly but then will not switch off until the car is stopped, locked and unlocked!!

I've tried to do the disabling of the interior lights upon the door opening by holding the light down but this doesn't do anything since the update

Interested if it's a one off for my vehicle or if it's everyone with the software update affected

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just tried mine and goes off as should. But I have software version 2.0.9a P5C2 and it updated to that version at end of may. It updated a few days after it went to dealership for in control not signing in issues.

So you should have had another software update by now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent! Thank you for checking. I only got the car three weeks ago and seem to be getting update notifications every few days at the moment.

I suspect the updates are not cumulative I.e have to be done in sequence so I'm guessing I'll just have to wait. If it hasn't updated in a month then will take it in.

Anyone had any luck in asking Jaguar to update their car remotely over the air?

·
Registered
156 Posts
From the Pivi Pro FAQ website page: https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/infotainment-systems/pivi/faqs.html

Why haven't I seen a software update notification?
Your vehicle requires a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to receive software updates. If you didn't see a pop-up notification on your vehicle's Touchscreen, you can see if an update is available by going to the 'Software Update' menu in your main Pivi / Pivi Pro1 Settings. If available, you can install directly from this menu or schedule for later.

If you haven't done so already, it may be worth checking as I have seen posts on the Evoque forum; one indicating that a SOTA update to 2.0.10 has been received and another quoting a dealer as saying the next update will be released 25 June.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!

Just to update this now, have the 2.0.10e that came out yesterday. Updated and the light issue has gone where it doesn't switch off when the engine is running…… it simply can't turn on at all when the engine is running now! Which I suppose is less irritating as both the map lights still work correctly and it still switches on and off with the doors. Oddly enough works perfectly when the engine isn't on!

More of the problem is that I've had it three weeks and had a stone shatter the windscreen today 😢

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue on my new svr .
I do not know the software version, because the car shows nothing/ empty. (and i forgot to ask at the dealer)
The dealer said they ordered a new part for the middle upper light , they did not find anything, cant fix it.
They turned on the light (i think they could do it in the software, they turned on the auto mode?) , so now it works (light on) if you open the car.
It will turn off if you start the engine, you can turn it on , but after it you cannot turn it off (light goes off only after you close the car) .
(btw , last time when i cheked, it worked for only a short time, i opened the passenger door and could turn on/off many times)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The garage did have a look at it and they said the same issue had happened on an e-pace a few weeks before. They have ordered the overhead console light but it's on back order because of the chip shortage so have been waiting about 6 weeks so far!

After 2 months of waiting, the part has been installed and….. it hasn't solved the problem. Issue is back with Jaguar escalated support

Did your issue get resolved in the end?

·
Registered
13 Posts
A similar problem has happened to my less than 6 month old 2021 model with the central light of the three in the overhead console. Works fine when entering or leaving the car, but if touched to turn it on it will not turn off by touching again. Only way to get it to switch off is to get out and lock the car. It is with the dealers who thought it would need the whole console replaced. They had originally booked it in for two days to also check n/s wing mirror not returning to normal position sometimes after having been put into reverse. It is now going to be at least four days as it is proving more problematic than originally thought. Fingers crossed it will be available tomorrow and will try and get a full explanation of what was found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Collected car today after 4 days and they seem to have resolved the problem of not being able to turn off the central console light after turning it on. I asked them to let me know in writing what they had done due to the time taken and received the following:
“Investigated interior lights inop, found faults stored in system for BCM (body control module) - carried out wiring checks to BCM and wiring all ok
Found internal failure of BCM - tried to programme BCM but failed - found BCM wouldn’t programme - had to replace KVM (keyless vehicle module) required 2nd key. Programmed new BCM and KVM once 2 keys supplied - tested interior lights all ok”. Had extra trip to dealer to provide second key. Bit of a nuisance but at least it seems to have been resolved.
Hope this is useful to others experiencing this problem.
One of the other issues it was in for was occasional failure of dipped n/s door mirror to return to normal position. They were unable to replicate it but carried out update to door modules that were shown to be available.
Despite these minor glitches I have been very happy with the F-Pace which is really comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi malcolmstrang555, sorry to hear that you have been having this problem, which sounds like the same that I was experiencing.
As mentioned in my earlier posts it seems that the Body Control Module was at fault and needed to be replaced and programmed by the dealer so hope yours is still under warranty. What they did to mine managed to correct the issue so hope you can get yours sorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interior courtesy light remains the same i.e. will not switch off until ignition off,doors locked then re-entered.
Such a small niggle, not worth going to dealer only for this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts