Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Will the oyster and jet interior go with a polarised white exterior or do the oyster and polarised white clash. White against cream? If I go polarised white exterior am I better going all jet interior. Thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Personal choice, always. But since you ask I can say that I wouldn't buy a used car with a combination of Polaris White exterior coupled with black / cream interior. I quite like the white exterior but it needs to be matched to the jet black interior IMHO.

Whatever you choose, make sure you personally will be happy since it's not us that will be sitting in it.

Regards

Arianne

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi, got some experience of this, the car I ordered and rejected was white with black complete inside. On ordering thought this was the perfect combo. When we sat in the car we didn't say anything to each other but after buying the new car realised that's it made the car feel very small inside and 'dead' with no personality in our opinion. I think it depend if you have glass above as well as this makes a big difference. On our new car we have the black and red with the glass roof and the difference is unbelievable. I wouldn't have ordered the red and black but boy are we happy with it and so glad we have ended up with this.

As everyone says it's your choice but though I would say what happened to us.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think I'll stick with polaris white& black pack and jet black interior - i have non sliding panoramic roof.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very happy with Black & Red interior, agree with comment that Pano roof is a great idea, fills cabin with light. And I have never had a sun roof in last few cars as I didn't see the point.

·
Registered
245 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ you have great taste my friend. Lol. And also an incorrect signature ;-)
Will get that changed at some point!

·
Registered
25 Posts
formbyjules said:
Need some help. Will the oyster and jet interior go with a polarised white exterior or do the oyster and polarised white clash. White against cream? If I go polarised white exterior am I better going all jet interior. Thoughts please.
We have the oyster interior with Polaris & think the interior looks great,I think it's complements most exterior colours.The interior is the interior& exterior is exterior (obviously)

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tommo said:
formbyjules said:
We have the oyster interior with Polaris & think the interior looks great,I think it's complements most exterior colours.The interior is the interior& exterior is exterior (obviously)
Ditto!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would have gone for the oyster/white interior if I could have with my IRR S, however sadly it was not an option.

Was there not a post on here this last week of someone who took delivery of a white/white and everyone said how nice it looked? Ill see if I can find it

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got White +Black Pack R-sport with the jet interior but with aluminum inserts and light cloth (can't remember the colour code) headlining. IMHO I think the headlining makes a huge difference and stops a full black interior from being too overpowering.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ as they say, a picture tells a thousand words.

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There we go it was big Jon. Love it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Making the headlining choice the advice we were given on the F-Pace S with black interior - was if you have the glass roof keep it black as its less distracting - otherwise go for white. Having test driven both I found the white pillars in a black interior very distracting after a while - keeps pulling your eyeview to the sides. All black gives you a nice "picture frame" that you can look through. Combine black with a glass roof for the best option in my opinion.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Agreed in my humble opinion anyway! Light headlining would lift a dark bias lower interior ,but I could understanding it being distracting to the eye initially at least!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Agreed with Birthwaite. I originally went for light. HL but having spent some time with the dealer who had both in stock with dark seats with pano and without I changed my order for jet HL. It enhances the sportiness of the interior and with the pano is not too dark inside.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the oyster headlining to lighten up the oppressiveness of an otherwise all black interior. I've also specced the fixed panoramic roof. Hopefully it's not going to be distracting as others have said in this thead. It's arriving at the dealers later this week so I'll know soon enough!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
PeterT said:
...Hopefully it's not going to be distracting as others have said in this thead.
TBH it's all the people who insist it's distracting that I find most distracting!! :lol:

I love my car's light headlining, it makes me lightheaded and a little giddy . . :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
catwoman said:
TBH it's all the people who insist it's distracting that I find most distracting!! :lol:

I love my car's light headlining, it makes me lightheaded and a little giddy . . :p
Lol!

Lightheaded and giddy though? And you drive like that? :eek: :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.