Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Placed my order 3 weeks ago, spec. below, just joined forum.

Has anybody tried to get a quote for insurance yet? The only site I tried offered an annual premium of almost £10k - double gulp :eek: !!

Is it just too early or has anybody else found this? Obviously this car will not be bought at that price..........

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jacksoag said:
Hi there
Placed my order 3 weeks ago, spec. below, just joined forum.

Has anybody tried to get a quote for insurance yet? The only site I tried offered an annual premium of almost £10k - double gulp :eek: !!

Is it just too early or has anybody else found this? Obviously this car will not be bought at that price..........
just too early , 10k will be a default price I suspect it's not even got an insurance group yet. I would expect silimar quotes to a similar spec XF. Some insurers may require a tracker to be fitted. When I had a RRS half of them required a tracker, I went with a company not requiring one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It might not be really comparable, but in germany, I had the same issue for quite some time. I've been checking insurance comparision web sites a couple of times, but there were no rates provided. However, I just checked again and now it is finally showing some prices. In my case, prices start at around 1,400 EUR (around 1,080 £) per year. That's around 100 £ more than a similar XF.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Insurance group ratings are available for F-Pace. Have a look at www.thatcham.org

The FE is group 44E, the 3.0d S is 42E and the 2.0d R-Sport auto is 29E.

For comparison sake, my BMW 320d is 32D, the BMW X3 35d is 43A and the Evoque 2.0 TD4 Dynamic is 36E. So the F-Pace seems like insurance costs should be better than its rivals.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I rang Admiral during week and the fp was not on their system. They came back to me a day later after talking to theirs underwriters and getting the car put on. They quoted me for a fully specced 3d S costing £70k. I am 52 bloke with 2 years no claims (2nd vehicle main one is work van!). The upgrade from my 3d xf finishing in Nov was £300. My original policy cost £600 so I think t will be about £1100 for the full year. Not too bad considering it is 3 times the cost.

Incidentally, she said it had been put on as a group 50 car.

Andy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just been on Confused.com and F Pace is now in the selection lists :D

Quote for my spec (3.0D S) with 9yrs Protect NCB; £250 vol excess; me and wife drivers came out as £550 for the year - Well pleased :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks AndyS.
Also now been on confused.com and quote is £464 (£250 vol. excess) and £593 (0 vol. excess) which seems reasonable. Two drivers and 9 years protected NCB.

Feeling more relaxed now ........ and obviously there will be more comparison sites 'live' soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just done a quote on the LV website for my F-Pace spec (if it ever arrives), I am very happy with the resulting premium :D

For a 2.0d F-Pace R-Sport, 47 years old and with maximum protected NCD I was quoted:
£244 with £300 excess
or
£294 with £0 excess

·
Registered
410 Posts
One of the Jag dealer sites has the 3:0L diesel S as 42E and 3:0L S petrol as 41E so on par with many other vehicles in the same category

·
Registered
948 Posts
DAL said:
One of the Jag dealer sites has the 3:0L diesel S as 42E and 3:0L S petrol as 41E so on par with many other vehicles in the same category
That's odd, in that diesel has a higher grouping than the more powerful petrol. I wonder why this might be?

I see the FE is group 44.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've got Company Insurance for our cars along with the work cars so one price does all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The F pace is now on the Admiral site, got a quote of £439 today on a FE. Age 56, male, 8000 miles, 15 years NCD. Not bad and a lot better than my current F Type, although for the car it is I have a pretty decent price on that too. (Need to change the car whilst I still have a clean licence!). Ordered the FE in Jan.

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dealership rose the question of gap insurance with me last october when i was in doing initial order, the quote they came back with for 3 years was over £700, ive been on a couple of sites since and had quotes between £275 and £400 so i doubt i will be going with dealership unless they severely cut the premium. Also looked at alloy wheel insurance that again is cheaper than through a dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did some quotes today, £666 with no NCB as its used on my other car. Im 31. £703 with a 52 and 26 year old added. Not too bad at all. Quotes came from confused.com.

·
Registered
115 Posts
luminated said:
DAL said:
That's odd, in that diesel has a higher grouping than the more powerful petrol. I wonder why this might be?

I see the FE is group 44.
As a repair job the diesel might have higher costs involved, simple as that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts