Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, phoned up my insurance company to get a cost for the new car coming on 1.9.16. They advised the would need to have thatcham quality tracker for them to insure the vehicle. I have spoken to the dealer to check and they advised the car does not come as standard with a tracker. He is looking into options and I asked about the Incontrol secure for warranty period option on the website which he will get back to me.

Just wondered what people had done with their insurance companies?

I have read a thread about this roughly but didn't answer the question I don't think.

I guess options are to insure with a company which do not require a tracker or to get a tracker by then seems to be a yearly subscription as well which I Don't want to pay for.

Any advice welcome...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Company is admiral by the way

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was with Admiral but switched back to NFU as cheaper I don't need gap as NFU give you in effect gap for two years, but neither Admiral or NFU asked for a tracker but I guess that is related to a balance of your post code and value.... Out in the sticks they nick LR90's

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here in Spain they also insist on a tracker on cars valued over 80,000 euros. Incontrol secure is sufficient and works out much cheaper than other options according to my dealer.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Jasonfpace said:
Company is admiral by the way
I'm insured with Admiral and they told me explicitly that a tracker did not help prevent a theft and was therefore not required. I'd call them back and get a second opinion. I rang them as a result of a similar thread before I collected my FPace in June.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
APOLOGIES!!! I just checked and its AXA insurance not admiral. Oops.

In my defensive if I have any, I used to be with admiral!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeh my insurance company wanted a tracker so had one fitted but my insurance is like £200 a year now so I can't complain! Thought they were joking at first but nope paperwork came out and I had to laugh, it's cheaper than my 2l mini!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got quotes a couple of months ago. Plenty of them were around £250 with no tracker specified. If they insist I would say your cheapest option would be to cancel with them and go with another insurer

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am with aviva for VW touareg £355 got a quote for Jag £250 no tracker needed :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
I changed to Direct Line from August 1st and I have nothing but praise for the way they handled my enquiry and they came in at nearly £100 cheaper than my renewal with M&S and no tracker required. £232 Fully comp inc Europe cover for 2 named drivers.£250 excess. Could not believe it! New for old in first year up to £75K.
Jaguar Insurance wanted £680 after my 7 days free drive away with them from the dealer and wondered why I would not continue with them! LoL

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hydrajaws said:
I changed to Direct Line from August 1st and I have nothing but praise for the way they handled my enquiry and they came in at nearly £100 cheaper than my renewal with M&S and no tracker required. £232 Fully comp inc Europe cover for 2 named drivers.£250 excess. Could not believe it! New for old in first year up to £75K.
Jaguar Insurance wanted £680 after my 7 days free drive away with them from the dealer and wondered why I would not continue with them! LoL
Just had a quote for £310. Better than most others so will go with them!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been with direct line for a few years now and yes car up to £75k is insured without tracker - every year they try to put the premium up but I say I'm moving and they keep it at previous years . If you insure your house with them they also knock a fair bit off

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Just did a quote with Direct Line ... £238! Including my partner. Car is parked on the road. No tracker. I live in Central London. 43, Company Director.

I pay £430 currently with Admiral for my Evoque .... £238 is so cheap!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Moved from an Evoque to the Fpace and got 186 pounds back from Direct Line and no tracker required, my advice would be to look around, with a tracker that your have to pay a yearly figure to have on top of your insurance premium.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Direct line seems the way forward. Cheers.

Not that I'm counting but 3 weeks today and I'll get the bloody car!!!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It does depend on what they feel they have too many on the books that year. I have spent the last 10 years switching between DL & Churchill when it comes to renewal as one or other loads the risks the underwriters say they have too many of... Always comical as they used to be the same basic company.

But the basic DL is very good & service usually exceptional....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Just did a quote with Direct Line ... £238! Including my partner. Car is parked on the road. No tracker. I live in Central London. 43, Company Director.

I pay £430 currently with Admiral for my Evoque .... £238 is so cheap!
NFU Mutual just quoted me £1,550! Plus £1,600 excess!! They obviously do not want my business!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had the same quote from NFU! Took forever to do the quote on the phone as well!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts