Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe the insurance quote I just got from compare the meerkat for my FE which I pick up next Saturday. Admittedly I have age and location on my side, but even so, would you believe £175.20? I've double checked everything and it's definitely fully comp and for the FE, and it's not even an obscure insurer - Churchill! I hesitated for around a nanosecond...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Feeeeeeeck!!! Churchill quoted me £572 I'm late 30s and had a minor of minor bumps in a 4x4 last March... Churchill was considerably cheaper than Jag (5k+) and all others on confused/meerkats etc etc that were coming in at 1k+

Good job all round really, not that I would have thought it, off hand, with Churchill.

Just for info as well, I took delivery weeks back the 1st if not one of the 1st deliveries and back then when the market was unaware of the FPACE prices were astronamical, I was even uninsurable by many companies based on the uncertainty of the vehicle and who the owners / audience would be on this vehicle... I confirmed such take by insurance companies, by a few in the know individuals, and it's nice to see its settle a lot... I may even requote )))

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
smash said:
Feeeeeeeck!!! Churchill quoted me £572 I'm late 30s and had a minor of minor bumps in a 4x4 last March... Churchill was considerably cheaper than Jag (5k+) and all others on confused/meerkats etc etc that were coming in at 1k+
Did you complete the application in the name of Mr Smash by any chance? ;-)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got quotes before it was released average price £500 - £650
Quoted the other day down to £214 with privilege or a few £ more Churchill

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
I know insurances ....cheap quote high excess....
Had cheap quotes but excess were as high as £600 :shock:

Imagine fighting " smashes "claim with halfords using yr insurance ...and having to payout up to 600 for the privilege :eek: ....not nice but possible

·
Registered
207 Posts
Waynem said:
I know insurances ....cheap quote high excess....
Had cheap quotes but excess were as high as £600 :shock:

Imagine fighting " smashes "claim with halfords using yr insurance ...and having to payout up to 600 for the privilege :eek: ....not nice but possible
Well observed on the excess, yet my current one from Churchill is standard £200 compulsory £0 voluntary, yet I had been quoted from Tesco £2k with a £2k compulsory excess!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine doesn't cover new for old, but I have a 3-year GAP policy which works out at around £170 per year - the extra premium for new for old for the first year alone would have been far more than £170, and I have peace of mind for the second and third years as well, whereas I've only been able to find new for old cover for cars up to 12 months old

·
Registered
207 Posts
SonicPace said:
Do these cheaper policies cover new for old. I made sure mine did as it saved buying separate GAP insurance, and the thought of being thousands out of pocket if it was written off / stolen.
I never considered that!! but I thought all state current 'market value' given age/mileage in the event of a total write off... which companies do new for old. .. out of interest ))

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smash said:
SonicPace said:
Do these cheaper policies cover new for old. I made sure mine did as it saved buying separate GAP insurance, and the thought of being thousands out of pocket if it was written off / stolen.
I never considered that!! but I thought all state current 'market value' given age/mileage in the event of a total write off... which companies do new for old. .. out of interest ))
I googled 'new for old car insurance', and quite a few came up. There was also some useful background information, in that things may not be quite what they seem - see http://blog.gapinsurance.co.uk/index.php/2015/02/23/the-perils-of-new-for-old-cover/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts