Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
The first one I saw in this colour was at the factory tour with DAL , :? we couldn't decide if it was rodium or ingot until we saw a rodium later!!
It would appear that it is not a popular colour according to a poll on here, however as we know each to their own and it's not as in your face as halcyon gold!!.... :eek: .not that anything is wrong with that... :shock: before I get another bollicking :lol: :lol:
Nice bit of new car parking... Away from anyone else,!!not many at the garden centre?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Very nice, I really like that, it does come under the category of too expensive options from JLR IMO, it is worth it though looking at those pictures

Great numberplate BTW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It does not appear popular to me because I have not heard of anyone else ordering one on here or at the dealership I used. I agree it is expensive, particularly if you like another colour equally. I do quite like the idea of having a rare colour, though.
Previously, I had an Evoque in Ipanema Sand, which is also relatively uncommon, despite the colour often drawing very positive comments.
Understandably, there is a reluctance to take risks with resale values these days and manufacturers do not help by limiting dealers' choice of demonstrator specs.
I hoped Aurora Red would be a choice, as on the XF, ideally with a light interior. Neither is available so far with an 'S' model.
Gallium Silver (available from summer?) looks attractive to me, but again a premium paint and it has yet to appear in the flesh, as far as I know.
IRR, BRG and DSB were also possibilities for me, but I am very pleased with the outcome. The positive feedback is also very welcome.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think when people looked at the configurator etc it very much does remind you of an old man colour, maybe a honda, Peugeot or something pretty grandad.

It ACTUALLY looks a lot better and much more silvery though the clouds and weather may have helped that.
Wondering what a black pack and maybe even black wheels would have looked like

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks so better with the chrome rails rather than black. Whilst it's not my choice of colour it looks pretty damned good!!

Obviously Ammonite and black pack is the way forward........ :cool: ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mbadger77 said:
I think when people looked at the configurator etc it very much does remind you of an old man colour, maybe a honda, Peugeot or something pretty grandad.

It ACTUALLY looks a lot better and much more silvery though the clouds and weather may have helped that.
Well I am quite old...but yet to become a grandad.

I did contemplate the black pack, but decided against it. I'm not dissatisfied with the outcome and very pleased with the chrome effect wheels. These really lift the vehicle in the flesh.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Patriot said:
Mbadger77 said:

Well I am quite old...but yet to become a grandad.

I did contemplate the black pack, but decided against it. I'm not dissatisfied with the outcome and very pleased with the chrome effect wheels. These really lift the vehicle in the flesh.
It does look way better than I'd imagine from the configurator
Nicely done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts