Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it just me but at the moment (week into ownership) I find the infotainment system quite poor.

I like the tiles on the home screen but would like to see the actual map on the nav part (as in Fords). Also getting a bit cheesed off that my USB defaults back to the beginning every time the car is turned on. I've got all my tracks in separate folders depending on what I want to listen to but it just goes back to the beginning of all the whole track listing of the USB.

Love the car but with the other issues (albeit not the fault of Jaguar) i'm not totally feeling it at the moment.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thought the issue with USBs had been solved with one of the software updates?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if it just me but at the moment (week into ownership) I find the infotainment system quite poor.

I like the tiles on the home screen but would like to see the actual map on the nav part (as in Fords). Also getting a bit cheesed off that my USB defaults back to the beginning every time the car is turned on. I've got all my tracks in separate folders depending on what I want to listen to but it just goes back to the beginning of all the whole track listing of the USB.

Love the car but with the other issues (albeit not the fault of Jaguar) i'm not totally feeling it at the moment.
I found the music works much better since I downloaded from USB into the car’s memor.

·
Registered
2018 2.0D F-Pace
10 Posts
The infotainment system and navigation system seriously let the car down.
The quality of the system is the worst I’ve known for a premium quality car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nobody has mentioned which version of infotainment the thread is talking about, some lower spec ones may be a bit different to mine. My ICTP on the latest software is better than the BMW and Mercedes offerings of the same era as far as I can tell. My friends much newer BMW doesn't even show the DAB radio text properly. Android auto and Apple car play work well in the F pace, it plays music and internet radio from my Android phone fine. Screen quality is decent, and sound quality for the 380w meridian system isn't bad for a car. HDMI, TV, DVD works fine, I haven't got any complaints really.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ICTP with Apple CarPlay in my 2018 hasn't given me any issues. It works better than my friends new Peugeot where when he has CarPlay active, none of the native functions work unless CarPlay is exited, causing any running apps such as music to cease. The Jaguar will seamlessly allow the native satnav to run while accessing and listening to music via CarPlay.

·
Registered
2018 2.0D F-Pace
10 Posts
Interesting to see these comments about how well the ICPT system integrates with apple and android. I wonder if that’s the ultimate aim? A car system that is simply an integration method to allow external systems to be used in the car. Why spend huge sums putting together a really decent car infotainment system if everybody then just uses their phone apps instead.
I disagree that the BMW system is not as good, it’s far better, so is the Audi system. Don’t know about Merc.
The stupidly archaic method of updating the navigation maps is the perfect example of how not to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts