1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

please I need your help.

(F-Pace 2016)
There are instructions on how to connect and update the system on the official website, but the settings menu in the manual is more comprehensive than the one I have.
E.g. when I enter all the settings, I see only three items. There are two more in the manual, Connectivity and Software Update.
I have no idea how to connect a car to the internet. I don't see a SIM card slot anywhere. It has only two USB ports.
I have a 10 "display - How do I find out I have the Incontrol Touch feature? (I like dualview), but I see all this only on the internet, not in my own car.
(I don't even have an Ambient lighting setting there) I thought this was all standard. Probably not.

Setting on web / Settings in my car

Automotive design Personal luxury car Car Cameras & optics Gadget
Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Gadget Vehicle audio

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

please I need your help.

(F-Pace 2016)
There are instructions on how to connect and update the system on the official website, but the settings menu in the manual is more comprehensive than the one I have.
E.g. when I enter all the settings, I see only three items. There are two more in the manual, Connectivity and Software Update.
I have no idea how to connect a car to the internet. I don't see a SIM card slot anywhere. It has only two USB ports.
I have a 10 "display - How do I find out I have the Incontrol Touch feature? (I like dualview), but I see all this only on the internet, not in my own car.
(I don't even have an Ambient lighting setting there) I thought this was all standard. Probably not.

Setting on web / Settings in my car

View attachment 8970 View attachment 8971
I have the same problem, it seems that we have to bring the JAG to the assistance and anyway it's not possible to update at the latest one because our car doesn't have the connectivity pack. The only thing I was interested it was the Android Auto but probably it's not possible to do it.
If anyone has further informations please help us!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the software is the older version with no 'software update' button, you have to take it to your Jaguar dealer to update. Android auto and Apple car play are included in the later versions of software and work well. Not every version of hardware can be updated I was told when I had mine done. Luckily mine was done and its quite an early version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If the software is the older version with no 'software update' button, you have to take it to your Jaguar dealer to update. Android auto and Apple car play are included in the later versions of software and work well. Not every version of hardware can be updated I was told when I had mine done. Luckily mine was done and its quite an early version.
see my comments in the thread below

·
Registered
36 Posts
see my comments in the thread below
No problems at all with my update thanks, it’s completely transformed the car into something that feels modern rather than outdated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took me a while to find the sim holder - the manual states it s below the rear parcel shelf - as it comes out in mine that was a no go. I eventually found it below the boot floor - where the spare wheel would go - on the left - from memory partially hid by the fixed bit of the floor.

I too have a 2016 model that does not have OTA updates. I do have SDD on a laptop that could do it, but from reading about the success rates of the dealer ship i am takign the not broke dont fix approach.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If I remember correctly some EU countries don't have connectivity pack hence no sim slot available.
Best bet is JAG dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts