Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to collect my new F Pace tomorrow after 3 month wait - just been informed by the dealer that the JLR registration system for new cars is 'down' and won't be available till next Monday 12th
This is apparently NOT a DVLA problem but a JLR problem !!! - and clearly since they know exactly when it will be up & running again - it must be a conscious decision on their part !
Do I take my car now during last two weeks of December or wait till new year for a 2017 registered car ? - somewhat 'disenchanted' to say the least !

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wait until 2017. The plate will be the same, but used values are based on the year of first registration

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I guess it will depend if you can wait or not as over the Christmas and new year period, i personally think the difference between the car being registered in December or January would not be worth the wait myself, you were happy to take it with three weeks before the end of the month so two would not be a big issue for me.

I would be slightly pee'd about there registration being down though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm not sure it's a Jaguar problem ... but probably your dealership problem.

I'm picking mine up Saturday, and it was delivered to the dealership Saturday just gone.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Arg that is annoying, sorry to hear

·
Registered
138 Posts
SBW60 - are you in NI by any chance?

I'm having the exact same issue here with Charles Hurst Belfast!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - Belfast CH - wonder is it just their problem ?? - takes the 'edge'of the 'experience' a bit !!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I actually don't mind too much as it's gave me the time to have pentagon do the windows, and PMG apply the gTechniq etc.and also give CH time to get my proper wheels!

It's been a very strange problem alright, and I think only affecting us over here.

Which sales person have you been dealing with?

I was dealing with Gary who was brilliant but has now left. Since then I've passed between a few guys, and the experience has been, quite frankly pretty shitty and has soured the experience.

Still, I have my S and hopefully by Monday it should be in my possession so I'm happy enough

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have been dealing with Andrew Henderson - very satisfied with his help - saw the car today (just back from Pentagon tinting the windows) -can't quite believe that the JLR registration 'system' is closed down for the week !! - am expecting to pick mine up now on Monday 12th - may see you there - just changing from a black Q5 so can understand why you are getting the detailing done (!!) - black will look great in the F Pace - but hard to keep - enjoy !!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jeepers, it's a small world. Mine was just back from pentagon yesterday and John was in to collect another one!

I'm hopefully collecting mine on Monday if they have the wheels sorted for me (basically, they have sent my f Pace with the wrong style of wheels!) so hopefully I see you there!

IRR is indeed a lovely colour, but I'm a creature of habit and love black!

I sell car cleaning products (amongst a lot of other things) so maintenance of a black car won't be too much bother

Have you any photos of yours?

Here's my current and new side by side

View attachment 3222

View attachment 3223

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Sky

In its 'raw' state - hopefully will look a bit 'shinier' next Monday

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lovely!

·
Registered
419 Posts
A
B
S
O
L
U
T
E
L
Y

L
O
V
E
L
Y

:D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.