Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very enthusiastic about the possibility of ordering an f-pace until I started reading postings on the XE forum. The list of postings in the section about faults runs to 14 pages! There seem to be many unhappy XE owners out there, not only unhappy about their cars but also unhappy about the response they are getting from Jaguar customer relations. It gives me no pleasure writing this because both the Xe and the f-pace are beautiful cars to look at, but I must think seriously about the issues that are being reported. The forum appears to be a sister to this one and I would suggest that anyone thinking of buying an f-pace should read what people are saying about the XE.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone buying a new model like an XE or F-Pace should probably expect a few issues. This isn't just a Jaguar problem most new models have issues which need to be ironed out over the first year or two.

I owned a Porsche Macan for 6 months but it spent 4 months at the dealers while they put all of the issues right, ran out of patience in the end and the dealer bought (after I rejected car) it back at full retail price.

The law changed last year in regard to new cars and it's very much in the customers favor now if you are in the UK. It's now very easy to reject a lemon of a car and get a replacement or a full refund.

I have always found Jaguar dealers to be very good but in saying that after owning 3 Jaguars I have not had a single issue with any of them.

You also need to remember most forums are used to moan about issues, Jaguar have sold 1000's of XE in the UK so the list you are talking about probably doesn't actually cover that many customers.

If you are concerned about niggles/issues with your new car don't buy any new model car regardless of manufacturer, they may embark on massive test sessions but the real tests starts when 1000's of customers start to use them day in day out.

Six months from now I might have wished I had waited a year or two. Told myself I would never buy a new model again but here I am doing it again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've had a brief look on the XE Forum and have to say that the number of problems is nowhere near the number to be found on the Evoque Owners Club forum!
One of the reasons I'm so keen to buy an F-Pace to replace my Evoque.

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you want a trouble free driving experience save your money and take the bus. LOL

From time to time things go wrong, what's important when this happens is how your dealer deals with your issues. I've owned Jaguars, Audis, BWMs, Porsche and LandRover etc and all can have issues, fortunately here in N.Ireland all these main dealers are shit hot when it comes to CS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.