Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my fpace for 2 months now and car has been back in the dealership 9 days in total to attempt to rectify major glitches, from system refusing to close down to it ignoring connection of 2 different iphones via hard wire connection or Bluetooth . Has also driven along with rear view camera on and simply refused to boot up at all. Constantly logged out of navigation system although asked to stay logged in , Incontrol apps not working . The list goes on . Is this a problem with only my Jag- I can't imagine it is. Do I ask for money back or wait for Jag to provide the poor dealership with a decent definitive software update. Recent update has improved matters.
BTW is Jaguar grossly arrogant not providing Apple play when some real inferior cars can connect with Apple devices way better than my F Pace. Come on Jag provide decent Apple connectivity and stop trying to improve on something that Apple has already perfected.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
This is not new, there are other owners with lists of issues with the ITCP system, some have no issues others like you have a massive list, take a look on this site and your find many threads with people with issues and how they have got on with recalls ect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strangely this makes me feel better, I don't even want to get into the issue of poor fuel consumption 50% less than claimed figures even in ECO mode driving like ECO man. 36 MPG average 2.0 Diesel Auto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goodness , I want to tell people I love the car , a lot of it I do , but Jaguar need to come clean to all owners , apologise and give us proper info as to when a definitive fix will be available . This is so amateurish. Their silence is deafening. Customer service of company stinks. I genuinely feel for the dealers who have to deal with us infuriated customers. I have been told a BIG update will be coming this month. If it isn't sorted I WILL take the matter further. Damaged goods from day one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Keep in touch buddy!!! We need a game plan!! Maybe all faulty FPaces blockade the factory gates??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Jaguar Land Rover's Director's executive office have confirmed to me that there is NO fix for ICT Pro on the horizon. They (and Jaguar Financial Services) have also intimated that they have upheld a number of UK rejections on the basis that the cars were sold from new with an inherently faulty infotainment system for which there is still no feasibility of repair.

I've had all the "standard" problems with ICT Pro - losing connection with iPod, putting car into reverse too quickly causing crash (black screen), lack of album art, "Up Next" function not working, constant signing in to Sat Nav account, never remembering last source, music carrying on even when door opened etc etc...

I also gather from US friends that JLR's problematic software is beginning to be reported in the press and enter the public's consciousness. Here starts the slide in sales and JLR's end?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Knowing how dedicated JLR is to their long suffering customers, I'm sure they've got huge teams of top class software engineers working 24/7 to come up with a fix - NOT!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
Interesting that they claim they have defended cases as this means as we have not heard on hear from any of the it's a non member but it's also interesting nothing in the UK press either about it and if they have had to get a legal team involved you would assume the UK press would have heard.

Not saying it is but to me it sounds like the trying to scare off people into rejecting the cars, the sale of goods act would surely come into force with the sold an item that was not fit for sale and JLR in admitting they have fended of cases would have difficulty in saying they did not know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
i think we need to contact BBC Watchdog, What Car magazine etc. Once this hits the press it will be another "Lancia rust scandal" situation and the end of JLR as we know them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Interesting that they claim they have defended cases as this means as we have not heard on hear from any of the it's a non member but it's also interesting nothing in the UK press either about it and if they have had to get a legal team involved you would assume the UK press would have heard.

Not saying it is but to me it sounds like the trying to scare off people into rejecting the cars, the sale of goods act would surely come into force with the sold an item that was not fit for sale and JLR in admitting they have fended of cases would have difficulty in saying they did not know.
When I used the word "upheld" I meant that JLR and /or Jaguar FS have refunded money i.e. agreed the rejection
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
stevealexr1 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Interesting that they claim they have defended cases as this means as we have not heard on hear from any of the it's a non member but it's also interesting nothing in the UK press either about it and if they have had to get a legal team involved you would assume the UK press would have heard.

Not saying it is but to me it sounds like the trying to scare off people into rejecting the cars, the sale of goods act would surely come into force with the sold an item that was not fit for sale and JLR in admitting they have fended of cases would have difficulty in saying they did not know.
When I used the word "upheld" I meant that JLR and /or Jaguar FS have refunded money i.e. agreed the rejection
Oh ok sorry I thought you meant the customer lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
All we need to do is send links to the XE, XF and F Pace forums to the national and motoring press plus BBC Watchdog to light the touch paper...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
I have carefully documented with my dealer and direct with JLR that mine had received the suspension fix and had the latest software update rendering the ICTP fault free, to which I was told it has had latest updates and there are no known issues.......LIES! I have experience of rejecting cars with JLR ten years ago...history looks to repeat itself!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I have carefully documented with my dealer and direct with JLR that mine had received the suspension fix and had the latest software update rendering the ICTP fault free, to which I was told it has had latest updates and there are no known issues.......LIES! I have experience of rejecting cars with JLR ten years ago...history looks to repeat itself!
Typical large company defence, say they have no problem when many others know differently.

I am shocked that a large company like JLR are and appear to us to be taking this stance on the problem considering they are a large brand organisation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
I don't believe that their lack of communication to us is a sign that they are hoping it will go away.
They just know that the more dialogue that they engage in from official channels - particularly social media stuff just spreads the bad news like wildfire.

They will be frantically working away in the background looking forr a solution - it was mentioned on here that someone had heard that a full re-write of teh software was underway - that would make sense, because with the number of people contacting the JLR seniors directly, some guy will have walked down to the software design managers office and said words to the effect of I don't care what it takes - just fix it!

I am having the issues with mine, but still love the car and will give them some time to sort. Hopefully won't be too long.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
just a thought but is it worth mentioning the person at JLR that people say they are contacting as if it all goes to the same place they will know the issue is bigger then just one or two people?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
The idea of a rewrite of the system files me with more dread than finding out I might have a few glitches.

For a rewrite and release of a completely new version of the platform to be done quickly and work completely bug free would be a minor miracle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
I hate to remind everyone but we all buy the latest iPhones etc in the knowledge that they are released with issues and we the buying public are their development team to find these faults, I've the iPhone 6 and I've lost count of the number of updates it's had and still it gives bother.

My ITCP only recently has had an issue (singular) so it's very liveable with but no doubt if I had as many as some others here I would be demanding either my money back or a replacement.
 
1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Top