Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The software update required to sort out the bugs on the intouch pro is Jaguar Campaign No. K385.

My dealer refused to carry out the work, as they had two cars having there pre delivery inspection and when downloading / effecting the campaign, both screens went black and they have not been able to recover them!

The service guy told me that he did not want my car to be potentially disabled until Jaguar could advise them of a solution, he commented that it was not such an issue for the cars awaiting delivery as the customers would have to wait!

I will put up with the freezing and minor bugs until they have experimented on one of their cars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am having problems today i lost all sound had to stop switch off and restart which sorted the issue.
Later the screen went totally fuzzy you couldn't see anything and was inoperable and i had to stop and start to cure,

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still on going, froze on me this morning, when it freezes apart from disabling the camera you loose your parking sensors! Sometimes even when all is well the front sensor switch does not always work, I have told my wife to engage reverse to be certain the front sensors are operative, until the system is sorted.

I have just sent a high level complaint to Jaguar and informed them that my dealer will not carry out the campaign, as detailed by Jaguar as it has caused them to have two disabled cars! A week has since passed and they are none the wiser, hence my demand for action.

·
Registered
688 Posts
its pretty poor going from Jag. Really annoying when something like software on the Infotainment causes so many headaches, takes the shine of having a new car.

hope they get it sorted for you soon and hopefully they've got to the bottom of the niggles by the time I get my car later this year.

on the point of updates for the infotainment, is this something Jag would provide as and when they are available? I know VW wanted to charge a bomb for doing software updates to the system in my current car.

also don't get why they went with the 3G hotspot and not a 4G one given coverage is widely available now. Dealer seemed to think they could software update to 4G but I suspect its hardware thats limiting it

G

·
does make you wonder .. for example, they can make the most difficult item like the SUV itself and the engine .. which to be honest to make from scratch is a achievement .. then the great ZF gearbox

but the info system must of been tested surely !! .. or perhaps it has been made by a 3rd party vendor and not Jaguar

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kaspa said:
does make you wonder .. for example, they can make the most difficult item like the SUV itself and the engine .. which to be honest to make from scratch is a achievement .. then the great ZF gearbox

but the info system must of been tested surely !! .. or perhaps it has been made by a 3rd party vendor and not Jaguar
In the autocar write-up they made a big deal of having developed themselves - this might be the problem - software development is way more complicated than just geting the front end right - that is relatively simple (comparatively) as opposed to the back end stuff which needs to be robust enough to recover from any number of issues from the many systems it interfaces to. Trying to test and replicate situations and conditions across each individual system and all the combinations, and make sure the system can hold its own, is far from straight-forward, particulalrly when under pressure to get the car out. They will sort it, but will take time.
I wonder if they can auto download to the car without going to the dealer?

·
Registered
154 Posts
TOPIx is showing lots of activity streams (not all F-Pace) at the moment.

Unfortunately without subscription fee being paid I can't view the documents to get the full details.

But at least Jaguar are aware and looking into these issues, most relate to InControl Touch Pro, the Diesel exhaust fluid leakage is interesting

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried numerous avenues with jag now emailed Peter virk who has a great article about how good the system is in the jag magazine and a power point presentation about how good the system is
Fortunately his email is on the last page so might be worth giving him some truths about how good his system really is
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts