Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi together,

experienced some faults like blank screen, system freezes / shutdowns of sub systems (e.g. radio).
After ignition restart everything works fine again.

Anybody got some updates of the Incontrol software over the air via the "Live" shortcut on the second page of homescreen yet ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had the car in the us since April . Constant rebooting of the screen, etc. After 2 months, jaguar finally took my car in to update a module. Didn't work-- car going back in tomorrow. Dealer makes it sound like my car is the only one with issues

·
Banned
444 Posts
That is such bullshit my car was also delivered in April, constant issues with ICTP, campaign update carried out in early May to little effect. Jaguar have a major issue on hand and the dealers are scared that owners may legally reject their cars, hence the denial.

I have given Jaguar until the end of August to come up with a fix, or I shall be demanding my money back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is it me or are other people having problems getting music from USB sticks, CD's or DVD's recognised by the Infotainment Plus system?

I can play all on the Mac or PC but just not in the car :(

It's saying it understands the CD/DVD has been inserted but says is it the right way or or does it need a clean, and the USB stick just doesn't recognise it even though it's formatted FAT

Input appreciated

Del[youtube][/youtube]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Delboy2911 said:
Is it me or are other people having problems getting music from USB sticks, CD's or DVD's recognised by the Infotainment Plus system?

I can play all on the Mac or PC but just not in the car :(

It's saying it understands the CD/DVD has been inserted but says is it the right way or or does it need a clean, and the USB stick just doesn't recognise it even though it's formatted FAT

Input appreciated

Del[youtube][/youtube]
Got the CD working now (assumed the system would recognise the MP3/WMA files on the disc, but not :() - I created 8 (yes 8) CD's that would have fitted onto a small memory stick normally - I've inserted the first and got the option to import (RIP) the audit - I'm not too sure how one finds how far it's progressed but got bored of people looking at me sitting in the passenger seat looking at the 10" screen so am now having a glass of wine asking you guys for assistance :)

8 CD's feels may take a long time to import to the media library

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: picked up my car from the dealer again ( 3rd time). The answer is jag is aware of my problem but has no answer/ solution. They'll let me know:( there were 4 other f paces at the dealer for the same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From day one my CD stopped playing after c20 mins. Track counter goes nuts, CD won't eject and I'm unable even to switch to radio. There's also a message about using a clean disc. Dealer is acting as if they've not come across this before, but looking at this site, it seems to be far from unique. The F Pace remains a beaut to drive and admire, even in silence and even if the handover was in the pissing rain while unsold beau ties remained all dry and lovely in the showroom. Why was I relegated to the great outdoors?

·
Registered
168 Posts
LimaGolf said:
From day one my CD stopped playing after c20 mins. Track counter goes nuts, CD won't eject and I'm unable even to switch to radio. There's also a message about using a clean disc. Dealer is acting as if they've not come across this before, but looking at this site, it seems to be far from unique. The F Pace remains a beaut to drive and admire, even in silence and even if the handover was in the pissing rain while unsold beau ties remained all dry and lovely in the showroom. Why was I relegated to the great outdoors?
Seen two of those issues with mine which is just over two weeks old - I turned to the satnav earlier and it went all blurred - switching to the radio and back to the satnav sorted the problem - my DC is ver temperamental it plays CD's for a short while and then stops, and when trying to eject the disc I get the same clear your disc message :(

With the dealer this Thursday for a look-see (maybe a software update?

·
Registered
67 Posts
My ICTP does not freeze, it will not shut off when the engine is turned off, I have to turn it off manually

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pos.k said:
Doppleganger said:
My ICTP does not freeze, it will not shut off when the engine is turned off, I have to turn it off manually
It stays on till you open the door!
It's a feature!!
Thanks Pos.k, I had'nt tried that, I have searched the manual and could not find anything about it . At least that is the only thing I have had so far.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Delboy2911 said:
LimaGolf said:
Seen two of those issues with mine which is just over two weeks old - I turned to the satnav earlier and it went all blurred - switching to the radio and back to the satnav sorted the problem - my DC is ver temperamental it plays CD's for a short while and then stops, and when trying to eject the disc I get the same clear your disc message :(

With the dealer this Thursday for a look-see (maybe a software update?
Had a software update and the CD now ejects, managed to load 1 CD into the Media Centre and that's it - has anyone managed to RIP a CD into the Media Centre and kept the track detail as my first (and only) CD RIP has the titles as Track 01, Track 02 etc. even though they display on the CD when playing?

·
Registered
106 Posts
We had ripped a load of CDs to the hard drive, not one had recorded in the correct track list order and loads went into an 'unknown album' :( we took it back to dealer to find out why and to find out how the hell you actually delete a specific album/track only to have them delete everything.

I've found the 'manage internal memory' but all that's listed in there is a stack of unnamed albums (just loads of numbers as the album titles) and everything in those files are listed something like, 'track.1.wav' etc.

Last night we tried to rip 3 albums and after about 10 seconds it says 'album rip finished'.

This is seriously bugging the hell out of me. I just want a simple delete button/option. The system is an amazing piece of kit but it needs a proper update or something to sort these bugs out.

We've had the screen go back maybe 3 or 4 times, and we had the rear camera crash out once so it's mostly working pretty well tbf. Oh and the CD got stuck in the slot once with the dirty CD error message.

I just wana know how to delete a specific CD and why not one CD will record in a proper track list order, ie track1,2,3... and not track 1,7,8,3,5 etc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not as far as I'm aware but how do I check? Most of the CDs we have listened to while ripping them and they play as per normal, track 1-the end.

Any idea how to delete? The only way I can find is through the manage memory but with it not listing albums or tracks I have no idea what I'm deleting. Very annoying :x

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.